Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mick Wallace crying in the Dail

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

There's no need to divide your empathy by national or religious lines. Europe is the richest continent in the world. We can afford to do both - look after our own and help others.

Where did I bring religion into this??????

Please do tell....

Awaits Apology

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Half Man Half Biscuit

I cannot take Wallace seriously. The taxes and PRSI that his company did not remit to Revenue would have paid for the building of a hostel in any of our cities. Crocodile tears IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,415 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'm baffled he was even voted back in after admitting on The Late Late Show before the election that he would stop having half his salary used to pay back his debts to the banks.

BTW something he promised to do when he stood up in the Dail when first elected.

Allegedly he transferred his interests in an Italian winery to a family member whilst not addressing his tax affairs. How can he be a member of the Oireachtas with all this hanging over him?
    He'd be in chains in the US and ridiculed by the Daily Mail in the UK. Plaudits and mass adoration in his home county and further afield! WTF

• Site Banned Posts: 14 Days and Days

His tax issue are still ongoing would I be correct in guessing?

• Advertisement

I would hope so. Under SIPO (standards in Public Office) you need a Tax Clearance certificate as a member of the Oireachtas. He is a connected party to a company that failed to pay the taxes due however if the company went into liquidation the Revenue debt dies with it unless Revenue decide that the company directors had contributed to its demise in a negligent manner.
    Failure to pay PRSI (fidiuciary payment) in my opinion is neglicence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭edbrez

Wallace is a knob. If some nuclear physicist from North Korea got an Irish passport he'd be protesting about it in the Dail. No tears then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lurkio

edbrez wrote: »
    Wallace is a knob. If some nuclear physicist from North Korea got an Irish passport he'd be protesting about it in the Dail. No tears then.

Perhaps its me, but I'm sort of struggling with the part of your statement in bold.

It's you.

It's you.

Fair enough. What does it mean?

• Advertisement

It means that plonker would vote to bring in 1000s of refugees most of who will contribute little to our economy yet he would object to a scientist wanting to move here because of the oppressive regime he previously worked under.

It means that plonker would vote to bring in 1000s of refugees most of who will contribute little to our economy yet he would object to a scientist wanting to move here because of the oppressive regime he previously worked under.

...ok. On what basis would he do that? I know he's an eejit, but hes not that far gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Utdfan20titles

Should cry when he looks in the mirror at his stupid pink shirt and terrible hairstyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Should cry when he looks in the mirror at his stupid pink shirt and terrible hairstyle.

That's "fashion"

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭JoseWasntReady

Has he ever worn anything to the Dail other than a pink polo? He looks like he walked into River Island in 2010, saw a mannequin sporting the blue jeans and pink polo look. Told the staff he'll have that and bought their whole damn line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

There's no need to divide your empathy by national or religious lines. Europe is the richest continent in the world. We can afford to do both - look after our own and help others.

Who said anything about religion there?

Europe is rich but that wealth is not evenly distributed, charity should indeed start at home.

Just because we can afford to do anything doesn't mean we have to. It's interesting that there are people who think anyone with wealth should be expected to give it away. And those people usually have nothing to do with, or even actively object with the way that wealth is generated.

As far as I'm concerned this country, and the people of this country give enough to the poorer people of the world.. If you feel like giving more then go ahead, it's your choice. But do it out of your own pocket. Don't expect me to foot the bill for your bleeding heart sense of righteousness.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,950 ✭✭✭✭flazio

What I can't understand, you get these refugees making really long trips in dingys over the Med but they can't use those dingys to try a short hop through the channel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

Who said anything about religion there?

Europe is rich but that wealth is not evenly distributed, charity should indeed start at home.

Just because we can afford to do anything doesn't mean we have to. It's interesting that there are people who think anyone with wealth should be expected to give it away. And those people usually have nothing to do with, or even actively object with the way that wealth is generated.

As far as I'm concerned this country, and the people of this country give enough to the poorer people of the world.. If you feel like giving more then go ahead, it's your choice. But do it out of your own pocket. Don't expect me to foot the bill for your bleeding heart sense of righteousness.

I love when people pretend to give a **** about poor people in Ireland as an excuse to not give a **** about poor people elsewhere.

I love when people pretend to give a **** about poor people in Ireland as an excuse to not give a **** about poor people elsewhere.

This crapola again. I see it on repeated on Facebook a lot by people who think they're making an extremely intelligent point. You realise that the Irish people are one of the most generous in the world, per capita, when it comes to giving to charities? You realise that our elected representatives have put in place a relatively generous welfare system for the poor or Irish people that fall on hard times?

Irish people evidently do give a **** about poor people in Ireland.

That's "fashion"

For 1987.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

That's "fashion"
    ... Turn to the left...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You're some person for Assumptions and judging book without reading it I'll give you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Glebee

Has he ever worn anything to the Dail other than a pink polo? He looks like he walked into River Island in 2010, saw a mannequin sporting the blue jeans and pink polo look. Told the staff he'll have that and bought their whole damn line.

The time he came into the Dail in the Torino FC soccer shirt done it for me. It should have been fcuked out on his ear and told to cop the fcuk on. Id love to see what would happen if I turned up for a meeting at work in a Celtic jersey. Id be shown the door..

Glebee wrote: »
    The time he came into the Dail in the Torino FC soccer shirt done it for me. It should have been fcuked out on his ear and told to cop the fcuk on. Id love to see what would happen if I turned up for a meeting at work in a Celtic jersey. Id be shown the door..

Haha. Had to look that up.
    “I go to 6 or 7 Toro games each season. So far this year I have been to see Toro/Milan, Toro/Juve, and next Sunday, I will go to Toro/Roma. I eat and drink in Caffe Rossini on Corsa Regina Margherita- a Toro bar.”

Not a bad lifestyle for a bloke who owes the revenue and the banks millions.

Don't get me going again. The guy is a clown!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

flazio wrote: »
    What I can't understand, you get these refugees making really long trips in dingys over the Med but they can't use those dingys to try a short hop through the channel?

The distance from Turkey to Lesbos is much smaller than the distance across the English channel.

Advertisement