Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Seizing a car!

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

An irelevent person that will soon be showing those unprofessional professionals how to police in style :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

bear1 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    The guard helped the op out and didn't take the car and the op was cheeky in return.
    How am I skewing the discussion?
    Having a receipt isn't enough (you could make it on word) to prove you paid and valid tax needs to be displayed.
    How was he boorish? By telling the op the tax must be displayed? Yeah what a prick of a cop.
    If that's too difficult for you to comprehend then we may as well leave it there.

That's what you got from it?
    Must have read a different OP to me then because what I got from it was the guard started to lecture him about his tax, the OP tried to explain that he had paid the tax and could prove it, the guard told him to stop interrupting and show some respect, the OP then retaliated by telling the cop that respect is earned and that he should straighten himself out if he wanted respect.

You tried to spin it into "the cop helped him but the OP got all pissy with him"

That the disk needs to be displayed is another discussion altogether. That's not the point here. The point here is the cop refusing to listen to the OP and demanding "respect". I don't give a damn about forging receipts and the temperature on the day. I don't care about the guard's mood at the time. That's all beside the point.

If you took the time to examine the entire post in context instead of cherrypicking it and spinning the sh1t out of it you would see that the OP had his car seized at the airport for not having tax. He acquiesced to this seizure without complaint as the officer was polite, by the book and matter-of-fact.
    The second encounter was with a cop who had a sense of smug entitlement, demanding respect, etc. That's the issue here, not the minutiae of displaying tax disks and whether the damn receipt can be forged.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,264 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

HensVassal wrote: »
    Must have read a different OP to me then because what I got from it was the guard started to lecture him about his tax, the OP tried to explain that he had paid the tax and could prove it, the guard told him to stop interrupting and show some respect, the OP then retaliated by telling the cop that respect is earned and that he should straighten himself out if he wanted respect.

You tried to spin it into "the cop helped him but the OP got all pissy with him"

That the disk needs to be displayed is another discussion altogether. That's not the point here. The point here is the cop refusing to listen to the OP and demanding "respect". I don't give a damn about forging receipts and the temperature on the day. I don't care about the guard's mood at the time. That's all beside the point.

If you took the time to examine the entire post in context instead of cherrypicking it and spinning the sh1t out of it you would see that the OP had his car seized at the airport for not having tax. He acquiesced to this seizure without complaint as the officer was polite, by the book and matter-of-fact.
    The second encounter was with a cop who had a sense of smug entitlement, demanding respect, etc. That's the issue here, not the minutiae of displaying tax disks and whether the damn receipt can be forged.

LOL. THe OP interrupts the guard and you complain that the guard wouldnt listen to him. Oh the irony.

btw you dont "acquiesce" to the seizing of your car. whether you "acquiesce" or not is irrelevant.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Just comply.

It's always some "dog ate my homework" excuse along with mouthing off to the police.

I have never had even a hint of bother with the police in my 33 years because I just do what they ask me to do and I have all of my **** correct and in order. It's literally that simple.

Grow up OP.

And if a guard was rude and condescending to you because he was a born asshole and you were with your girlfriend and you just stood there and meekly took it, she wouldn't be long canning your ass for not having the balls to stand up for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I think you must be completely blind to what has been written.
    It's laughable actually :)
    You have completely lost the plot with what is going on to the point where your posts are looking quite mad.
    The OP has NO TAX DISPLAYED, this is not allowed regardless if it is on a receipt, stamped on a napkin, written on his hand or spray painted to his car.
    The OP was told he NEEDS to have the tax displayed and the OP got pissy about it. I don't think anyone here gives a flying fcuk what you don't care about it either. I don't anyway.
    The OP acted like a child, the Guard was, from what I and others can see, kind enough to allow the OP to continue on with his day.
    The OP then comes on here to play the sympathy card and "oooh look at how fcuking awesome and funny I was and that he couldn't touch me, maybe I'll get 100 thanks out of it" and has been told for past 6/7 pages that he was in the wrong.
    Stop talking ****e now will ya.

• Advertisement

Domo1982 wrote: »
    I'm afraid you seem to be one of those people who can't admit when they're in the wrong.

Your car was seized and you still didn't have the common sense or the respect for the law to keep it off the road until you had valid tax to display.

You then take issue with a Guard who was fully within his rights to lecture you about breaking the laws of this country so you decide to abuse his appearance.

You've then come on this site to complain and have blatantly lied about the armed unit holding you up etc etc

You clearly have no respect for the laws of this country,for the guards or for the posters on here but Jesus man have some respect for yourself and grow a pair will you. You're embarrassing

Jaysus, sweeping statement there. "Clearly has no respect for the laws of this country", fucking hell :pac:

Yeah the OP is a one-man crime wave.

And if a guard was rude and condescending to you because he was a born asshole and you were with your girlfriend and you just stood there and meekly took it, she wouldn't be long canning your ass for not having the balls to stand up for yourself.

But how do you know what the Guard was like??? The OP already changed what the Guard said twice or are you pretending to have not seen that?
    The Guard told him he needs to have tax displayed, this isn't a law made up from his hole it's the actual law. The law doesn't say a receipt is fine as whether you like or not can be forged.
    What has a girlfriend got to do with anything? And if a girl dumped you cause a Guard was giving out to you then I'd be glad I got rid of such a miserable cow.
    Curious, did a Guard give out to you and you ended up getting the elbow or what? :pac:

esforum wrote: »
    A, It’s rude to interrupt someone that is speaking; you can moan until the cows come home, it’s rude.

B, He didn’t have a tantrum, he correctly informed you that it’s rude and don’t interrupt, most people would do that regardless of occupation.

C, There’s a lot of gibberish in here, the Garda had his shirt pulled out, oh lordy my, how could such a thing happen with a ballistic vest and utility belt hanging of him? Now I suggest you have some respect for the English language or don’t use it at all.

D, All this little rant does is make Gardai less inclined to give people a break because even when they do, little moaners still moan.

E, https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/785282/384263.jpg

It's even ruder to let them talk and talk when you are fully aware that they are wrong/mistaken yet you allow them to drone on and then when they've finished just set them straight. That's fucking smugness and most people would prefer to be set straight with a polite interruption or interjection (and YES it IS possible to interrupt some politely) than to be humiliated in the manner I just mentioned. It doesn't have to specifically relate to this case but you made a blanket statement about all interruption being rude, well it isn't.
    If a supervisor came into an office and started hectoring a bunch of workers over some misdemeanor for which they weren't responsible and you knew he was going to harp on ad nauseum would you not just say (politely) "Harry, sorry to interrupt, but those guys had nothing to do with that. It was X because Y requested it be done. It'll be sorted out in an hour or so."

One would hope then that "Harry" would say "Ah, ok, my bad. Thanks Jim, sorry lads."

Or would you let him spew out his diatribe and when he was finished just set him straight because interrupting him would have been rude. Are you the kind of person who sees someone doing something wrong or potentially dangerous but keeps shtum?

It's even ruder to let them talk and talk when you are fully aware that they are wrong/mistaken yet you allow them to drone on and then when they've finished just set them straight. That's fucking smugness and most people would prefer to be set straight with a polite interruption or interjection (and YES it IS possible to interrupt some politely) than to be humiliated in the manner I just mentioned. It doesn't have to specifically relate to this case but you made a blanket statement about all interruption being rude, well it isn't.
    If a supervisor came into an office and started hectoring a bunch of workers over some misdemeanor for which they weren't responsible and you knew he was going to harp on ad nauseum would you not just say (politely) "Harry, sorry to interrupt, but those guys had nothing to do with that. It was X because Y requested it be done. It'll be sorted out in an hour or so."

One would hope then that "Harry" would say "Ah, ok, my bad. Thanks Jim, sorry lads."

Or would you let him spew out his diatribe and when he was finished just set him straight because interrupting him would have been rude. Are you the kind of person who sees someone doing something wrong or potentially dangerous but keeps shtum?

Please explain that part. Explain how the Guard was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,264 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

but the guard wasnt wrong. the OP had committed an offence. an offence that the guard let him off with.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 260 ✭✭Jimlh86

He had a blue jacket with a large crest. A shirt have buttoned and hanging out and a large bulge on his right side (Handgun) maybe

Armed response, Armed guard all the same.

As he was talking i politley interrupted and said sorry but my car is taxed, I have the receipt and I know it's not displayed.

He returned with no one cares about a receipt now have some respect and let me finish!!

So after that little tantrum I commented on his appearance as he was a half dressed supposed guardian of the peace who should be at least dressed properly to respect himself never mind the uniform.

I was trying to be nice and informative but he can piss off if he thinks I'm going to take his crap because he thinks he can speak to me in that manner.

It doesn't matter what kind of guard he is or thinks he is. Have respect for others and you will get it back and at least wear your uniform with pride or not at all.

As a poster questions my reason for this thread is to see why the Guard at the Airport seized my car ( I'll admit he was very nice ) but the armed heard said that he could not seize it now but that it could be seized.

I never gave cheek until he did but at that stage I was sick listening to him rabble on when all he had to say was " why have you no tax".

Instead I got an essay of a speech about nothing

He was wearing a "raid jacket" which is generally kept open to have immediate access to his firearm.

His shirt was untucked because some (especially the more senior lads) cover the firearm by untucking the side of the shirt so as not to overtly carry.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Domo1982

Jaysus, sweeping statement there. "Clearly has no respect for the laws of this country", fucking hell :pac:

Yeah the OP is a one-man crime wave.

You seem the only one upset with the response on here apart from the OP...do you not find that even a little strange?

LOL. THe OP interrupts the guard and you complain that the guard wouldnt listen to him. Oh the irony.

btw you dont "acquiesce" to the seizing of your car. whether you "acquiesce" or not is irrelevant.

lol - I'm not sure he understands what acquiesce means the poor sod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

lol - I'm not sure he understands what acquiesce means the poor sod.

Gas, from the man who can't even read. You called him knackerjack earlier in the thread, did you not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Its a shame it wasn't your laptop that was seized KnackerJack

Yeah here it is.

pablo128 wrote: »
    Gas, from the man who can't even read. You called him knackerjack earlier in the thread, did you not?

Yeah I definitely didn't mean that.100% my error. Do you have his home address so I can send some flowers ?

pablo128 wrote: »
    Yeah here it is.

lol what a hero - you win Pabslow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

you would see that the OP had his car seized at the airport for not having tax. He acquiesced to this seizure without complaint as the officer was polite, by the book and matter-of-fact.

Nope, he accepted that because not only was he not displaying tax, but he had let it run out for a number of months. His beef this time was that the tax was noe 'in the post' and the OP felt confident that this was acceptable and he was no longer committing an offence, so much so he interupted the person who actually knows the law. Sadly he was wrong, the Garda correct.

Well my wife doesnt think mouthing off to someone makes me a hardman and super cool, she thinks its rude, abnoxious and the sign of an immature asshole. cant speak for the OP's other half.
    It's even ruder to let them talk and talk when you are fully aware that they are wrong/mistaken

Its really not, this isnt a dinner date. Its a Garda telling you (correctly) that you need to have tax disaplayed. The Garda was correct, the OP was wrong.

Interupting them to smugly try and claim they are wrong when they are actually correct? Cant think of anything more dickheadish.

No and I think any manager that was spoken to about his decisions in front of other staff would not be pleased however again, not the same issue at all BECAUSE IT WAS THE GARDA THAT WAS CORRECT
    Are you the kind of person who sees someone doing something wrong or potentially dangerous but keeps shtum?

something wrong? Are you the kind of person that feels the need to butt in and tell everyone how it should be done?
    potentially dangerous but keeps shtum?

Thats not worthy of a reply, it shows deperation to try and go down that road

Advertisement