Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jumanji remake with "The Rock"

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Saw it just before it left the cinema. Really glad I did. I was not expecting it to be this good. If anyone has not seen it I would recommend it before it leaves the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I was looking forward to seeing this, but when I saw that Chris Rock is in it, No thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Watched this last night, didn't go see it in the cinema because I thought the trailer was absolutely awful.....which has now turned out to be a shame as the film itself is genuinely quite decent and a lot better than I would've expected.

Good performances, passable story, never quite laugh out loud funny but consistently amusing (Jack Black is great, and while I usually find Kevin Hart slightly annoying he's good in this too), same would go for the action - nothing memorable but entertaining.

Also going to watch the original film today as last night it dawned on me that I remember nothing of it.

The fact that I expected so little of this made me enjoy it even more, I think....but it genuinely is decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Also watched it with the family and we all totally enjoyed it.

Sequel is guaranteed at it cost $90m and made $933m

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Watched this last night, didn't go see it in the cinema because I thought the trailer was absolutely awful.....which has now turned out to be a shame as the film itself is genuinely quite decent and a lot better than I would've expected.

Good performances, passable story, never quite laugh out loud funny but consistently amusing (Jack Black is great, and while I usually find Kevin Hart slightly annoying he's good in this too), same would go for the action - nothing memorable but entertaining.

Also going to watch the original film today as last night it dawned on me that I remember nothing of it.

The fact that I expected so little of this made me enjoy it even more, I think....but it genuinely is decent.

Just watched it yesterday and can't believe i enjoyed it with my girl. Great popcorn movie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

One hour into the original and it's pretty terrible, not even Robin Williams can save it. Pretty surprised. Quick Google shows it was negatively received at the time.....always assumed it was a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,985 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

One hour into the original and it's pretty terrible, not even Robin Williams can save it. Pretty surprised. Quick Google shows it was negatively received at the time.....always assumed it was a classic.

Nope.

A lot of people do though, for some reason. I'm not sure why that is. Perhaps a lot of folk remember it fondly from childhood. But, it was really never that good a film.

Might give the new one a spin. Why, I don't know. There's nobody in it I like, but I'm curious all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I wasn't expecting much from this but I really enjoyed it!

I think it stayed true enough to the original but stands alone aswell. Jack Black as the teenage girl Bethany/Professor Shelly Oberon was also my favourite and very funny. I thought it was a really fun film.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I've hated anything with Robin Williams in it with the exception of Mrs Doubtfire.
    Then in his more serious roles he was just creepy.
    The remake is far far far better. In fact let's just pretend this is the first Jumanji movie ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Blazer wrote: »
    I've hated anything with Robin Williams in it with the exception of Mrs Doubtfire.
    Then in his more serious roles he was just creepy.
    The remake is far far far better. In fact let's just pretend this is the first Jumanji movie ever.

I watched the first one recently and it was a good story but I think this was better and had alot more funny moments but it wouldn't have made any sense without the first one so it still needed that background.

• Advertisement
Advertisement