Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 HGV Mechanic Apprentanceship Bus Eireann

Options
  • 21-04-2016 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hey ,
    Just wanted to see if anyone else has applied for the Apprentanceship this year. Any done it before ? Want to know what the reply dates are like and when will u know if u have been accepted ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 deedee26

My son got an invitation for interview email today. Interview in July

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

If he gets Dublin bus that's brilliant but if he's stuck in broadstone he'll question his existence.. I finished my apprenticeship there. Which is rare, people ahead and behind me left and finished them elsewhere were they are guaranteed a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

micraX wrote: »
    If he gets Dublin bus that's brilliant but if he's stuck in broadstone he'll question his existence.. I finished my apprenticeship there. Which is rare, people ahead and behind me left and finished them elsewhere were they are guaranteed a job.

MicraX,were you a pre 1987 Apprentice ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

AlekSmart wrote: »
    MicraX,were you a pre 1987 Apprentice ?

If you are going to be (alek)smart and say that they are different companies, don't bother. If Dublin is selected on the application on prefared location, you find out at your induction week weather you go to a Bus Eireann (Dundalk or the 'stone) or a Dublin bus garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kamiljkamil

Just received an email with a interview invite. Was suprised they still send them out at this stage. Was sure I wasn't through.

• Advertisement

Hi kamiljkamil, good luck with your interview. Do you know how many positions there? My son has interview next week the 12th. When is your interview?

deedee26 wrote: »
    Hi kamiljkamil, good luck with your interview. Do you know how many positions there? My son has interview next week the 12th. When is your interview?

Thanks very much. Only received the email this morning. Booked my interview for 23 August so still far enough. As far as I know it's limited places available for each location. I know for Longford its usually 1-2 apprentices being taken on at a time.
    I think it's because it's a small garage.

Thanks very much. Only received the email this morning. Booked my interview for 23 August so still far enough. As far as I know it's limited places available for each location. I know for Longford its usually 1-2 apprentices being taken on at a time.
    Oh so presume if they are still interviewing in August it will be a long time to know if successful. My son had to choose interview dates between 6th and 13th of July.

Oh so presume if they are still interviewing in August it will be a long time to know if successful. My son had to choose interview dates between 6th and 13th of July.

Yeah it will be a while and from what I read on different threads it could run well into September until you know if successful. So I'm not gonna chance turning down college course just incase I don't get it. What location did you apply for ?

• Advertisement

Yeah it will be a while and from what I read on different threads it could run well into September until you know if successful. So I'm not gonna chance turning down college course just incase I don't get it. What location did you apply for ?

Presumed Placements we're going to start in September. Dublin

Presumed Placements we're going to start in September. Dublin

They don't start till November/ December it's a nightmare if you want to do a college course when you realise you waste 4 years there as you've to wait till the next September.

They don't start till November/ December it's a nightmare if you want to do a college course when you realise you waste 4 years there as you've to wait till the next September.

Yeah that's the bad thing I find but then again I wouldn't chance it. So you don't actually start your induction until end of November? Do you know when they let u know whether you've been successful or not ?

Yeah that's the bad thing I find but then again I wouldn't chance it. So you don't actually start your induction until end of November? Do you know when they let u know whether you've been successful or not ?
    The lad over it retired last year so I dunno how it's being run this year but I got the letter the same week as the cao. That was August 11 though.

The lad over it retired last year so I dunno how it's being run this year but I got the letter the same week as the cao. That was August 11 though.

If they are still interviewing late August might not hear anything till sep/ oct. Do they give any sort of idea what to expect after your interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

If you are going to be (alek)smart and say that they are different companies, don't bother. If Dublin is selected on the application on prefared location, you find out at your induction week weather you go to a Bus Eireann (Dundalk or the 'stone) or a Dublin bus garage.

I was'nt.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Would anyone here have any information in regards to working hours and days on this Apprentanceship. Are they usually early starts of the usual 9-5?
    Just any general information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Lonestar1

As the saying goes....you only get out what you put in (or not)!!

Anyone hear anything from Bus Eireann / Dublin Bus since sitting supervised aptitute test?

Hey,
    Just sat my interview yesterday. Lads that were interviewing were really sound. One was human resource manager and other lad was head of engineers with Bus Eireann.
    Very specific questions were asked. A lot about health and safety
    Even got asked Fuel injectors in Diesel engines.
    Said I'll hear within the next 2 weeks if I'm though.
    Fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Pmattis9

Hi anybody here that has done an apprenticeship or in the process of doing one that could tell me the pros and cons and any other info?? Just passed medical and waiting to hear thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paddywack2467

hi i was accepted for the apprenticeship and just wondering has anyone heard anything about the induction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

hi i was accepted for the apprenticeship and just wondering has anyone heard anything about the induction

Well done, I hope it goes well. If it's tough don't give up too quickly. Play the long game. smile.png

thank you i cant wait :)

thank you i cant wait :)

It will be the last week of October not sure of anything else very hard to get info on it???

thanks did u get accepted aswell

thanks did u get accepted aswell

Ya I got accepted aswel it's on in broadstone dublin and I think accommodation will be provided if you have to travel I'm coming from kerry!

nice one mate i a coming from waterford you know more then me about its hard to find info

have you heard any other news i was told that it started 24 october and accommodation is provided but nothing since 30th september

• Advertisement

have you heard any other news i was told that it started 24 october and accommodation is provided but nothing since 30th september

Ya I'm staying in the aisling hotel across from the train station will be ringing them tomorrow to find out times and things!

Advertisement