Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

"There was another coeliac on last week wasn't there? She forgot to ask for gluten free bread and her date asked for it when she went to bathroom. It's a fairly common food allergy"

Yes there was and yes it is. It is not an allergy by the way. I wish it was then there might be a cure for a it. It's an intolerance unfortunately 😞.

Our body's simply can not tolerate certain foods.

Yes I am Coeliac.

"Also, when you are going through your likes and dislikes one of the questions is ‘would you date someone with kids’. Penny for a pound she would have said ‘NO’ but that’s manna from heaven for tv media"

So are you basically saying only pick yes even if you do not want to date someone with kids?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Surprised no one has said the German girl is the twin of Roz Purcell! I liked both of them, good energy about them...

Felt sorry for the Donegal guy, don't think he's ready for dating yet, judging by the level of intensity he was giving off. He def had the hots for her, she looked unreal.

The 2 cork wans, wrecked my head a lil but I reckon he was more into her, she was def guarded.

The older couple such a pity it didn't work, I thought she might be up.her self a bit was really surprised she came across down to earth.

Next week's episode looks painful. Don't know of my brain will handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭joeguevara

No. I’m saying she more than likely said she wouldn’t date someone with kids and they put her with someone with kids for dramatic purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

“Interesting”, “out there”, “deep” people are universally dull unlikable twats.

Infinitely more interested in themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Danny Drier

No hope of a show sans deviants it appears….

Mod: post infracted.

Post edited by pixelburp on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Heraclius

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Not even watching but after the trailer for this week's show, I can figure out fairly easily who they're talking about.

Attention seeking, mad to be a celeb, fake, boring, all about me. Shall I go on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I thought that was a good show.

I liked all the dates.

I initially thought Tom was going to be very full on but he came across as good fun. Amy was a cracker too.

The gay couple, I thought the red haired guy was going to be a dose, but he was really sweet. The type of person that makes friends everywhere he goes. Talk about judging a book by its cover, I was not expecting him to be an astrophysicist.

Alex was just so intense in everything he does, it made sense when he said he wasn't "out" as I think he's filling his time to avoid the issue. Though by appearances and studying fashion I'm sure plenty of people have twigged him to be gay.

Other two couples were grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,955 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I knew the older Dublin guy wouldn't pay for the 2 meals, them kind of Dubs with a few quid are always tight, I was surprised it didn't put his date off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭joeguevara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Had to laugh at your man with his "I love Philosophy questions, like what are stars made of?"

I, too, like philosophy questions such as "What's the square root of 64?" and "What's the French word for Strawberry?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Very surprised the older couple didn't connect long term, seemed to be very comfortable with each other.

Red haired woman with the tattoos had the greatest hair I've seen in a long time, stunning looking woman all round. Surprised she didn't click with him.

Cillian, red haired gay guy surprised me. Thought he'd be more narcisstic, seems he's just an extrovert. Liked the way he handled Alex's announcement that he hadn't come out to his family. I think the guy he phoned was a drag artist who was on the show a few weeks ago?

Very enjoyable watch overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,973 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Amy is a very good looking, glam lady, looks fantastic fkr 55. Tom a bit of a charmer too, no shortage of confidence either. Excellent match.

Cillian...a found a bit painful...couldn't listen to him and his deeply affected put on voice (the guy he was on a call with definitely on show before) but he grew on me. Alex going with the cruella look bizarrely. Seemed very awkward and stilted chat wise for most of the date, but they warmed up, in fairness coming out isnt the easiest for everyone. Kinda knew no match right away 

Colm....."im a philosopher"...right, corporate wellness yeah I would have guessed, HR in my work like to wheel these eejits to spout nonsense every once in a while. "She had a nice aura" he was staring at her legs lol. Maria is a catch but maybe she could have gone first if she was going to say no.

Craig the young farmer nice fella, Chloe very pretty and easy going. Good fun.

Thought they were a very good match surprised no second date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭fluke

Recent episode - confirms my belief that the younger you are the flakier you also are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Have people lost interest in this?

Not as much live chatter as there used to be.

Ms

This one in the green dress thinks she has been single long lol.

3 years that's nothing.

I have been single that by 5 that.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭YellowLead

It’s very boring tonight

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I'm watching every week but terrible matches or boring people are making it not worth commenting on .

First 2 couples tonight, not worth remembering....so far

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Corks lads "worst first date" story about not performing then doing it in the room with his little brother, not sure his date took in all the romance that it conveyed....

Ms

Hardly thing to be talking about on a first date. It's a bit sad.

Your man in the white jumper with the black haired girl reminds me of your man off Mrs Brown's Boys who does be stealing stuff all the time lol. The name is in the back of my head just not coming yet

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

Ms

Yep that's him Buster. He reminds me of him lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

The French guy reminds me of Ross from Friends

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

I liked that pair , well matched dubs

Boring show overall

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭YellowLead

I liked them too. Agree about the show tonight in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,958 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Advertisement