Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭YellowLead

I think it’s ridiculous to pair somebody from cork and Dublin! That was bound to fail regardless.

Serial killer (watch this space) hippy dude is a total arse for not splitting when he didn’t want to see her again - I agree they weren’t in the same place though, blue hair seemed very airy fairy and not very considered though an absolutely lovely person and fair play to her saying she would have said yes after he’d said no, a lot of people would have been tempted to say that they also would have said no.

The bus driver and charity lady were both lovely and I hope they find happiness, albeit it’s not with each other.

Make up lady seemed nice but rather full on and even though she said she only USED to go for looks and muscles and now goes for nice, it’s probably hard for her to change that esp as she lost all the weight - her facial fillers and Botox make her look much older than her years though unfortunately. Her date seemed fairly affable, I’m sure there’s ladies out there for him on the same level.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭thereiver

Maybe they are running out of daters from Dublin alot of the people on the show are from rural areas from different countys most people don't want to get into a serious relationship with someone who lives over 30 miles away Most people would not want to go on a date thats shown on television

I don't believe someone actually named their son Biff. That's a name for a cartoon character I thought it was funny when the man said my name is biff and the host was slightly confused by it

There seems to be a formula one older couple one gay couple one couple that's younger eg in their twenty's or one couple that's average in terms of looks

They have to pick out people who will be interesting to the TV audience so they probably have a limited no of daters they can choose from

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I don't believe someone actually named their son Biff. That's a name for a cartoon character

He said that his actual name was Brendan.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,974 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Two young gay fellas this week I liked. Nice to see some more "normal" lads for want of a better word, not repeating phrases of drag race or fake American accents, no crude oul sh1te either. Didn't see any spark romance wise, no shock.

Biffo and the blond lady grand I thought. Could tell she had not a notion of him romantically.

Hozier light what a complete and utter prick. Talking about vibes, he gave of very bad vibes right away for me. Purple hair she had a lucky escape for the cost of the bill! She seemed really nice maybe have her back on over that muppet from last week.

Bus driver guy was nice guy could tell he was a bit conscious of his teeth the whole time licking them, real shame he is a decent looking fella. His date seemed really grand too. Hope they find someone they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭LilacNails

From the updates, the bus driver said he found someone, happy for him!

• Advertisement

90 minute warning!

To be fair, I'd go with Biff over Brendan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Bumb.....

We're off to a good start here.

Simon dressed for a job interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Advertisement

The algorithm definitely needs recalibrating after matching Simon and your one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I don't understand the whole No Spark thing. People don't seem to be prepared to let things grow or evolve!

The first thing in any relationship is enjoying being in the other person's company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

99% of the time when a women has been f’d over by men in past it radiates off them.

Ruaidhrí ordering her the gluten free bread...

Boy has his head screwed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I think it's the politer way of not saying "you give me the ick".

Sometimes you just know that no matter what, you're never going to fancy someone.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Can't believe none of them matched up for good. They all seemed to be very well matched.

OK, the Lab technician lad who had never eaten jam or crisps before may have sounded a bit odd at times, and Co. Down to Limerick is a long way, but the others were well suited to each other.

It was a decent episode last night! They all seemed like nice people and well matched. More of this please!

Though the fact that they continue to match people from opposite ends of the country is ridiculous

That’s it. In some cases it can grow but there are definitely people you know straight away you will never fancy / find attractive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement