Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,014 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

thelad95 wrote: »
    Good god I've never felt more gooey watching a date on this show than I did for the chef and Siam. He was punching big time in terms of looks but she just completely and utterly fell for his soul and everything he stands for.

They were absolutely adorable and two amazing people.

I didn't think he was "punching", he was a good looking guy and very mature and an impressive life story.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 15,581 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

An hour and a half wasted eating dinner. Feck that. I thought each one was 30mins maybe. Jeez I can think of a million better ways to spend an hour and a half. Feck that.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,581 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Trans? So is he trying to be she or vice versa, also is the girl in pink lesbian or why did they pair her with a trans

If you had listened to the fellow when he explained it he said he wanted to be male and is male now. Yes maybe your small mind can not comprehend that but he is a male.
    She his date that is was really good it was like so whatever what's the deal to her. She was so cool his date that is fair play to her.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Still Ill wrote: »
    Not entirely surprising though considering their past struggles to match two gay people who haven't met before.

Not only have they met each other, they met each other in the womb

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

AMKC wrote: »
    If you had listened to the fellow when he explained it he said he wanted to be male and is male now. Yes maybe your small mind can not comprehend that but he is a male.
    She his date that is was really good it was like so whatever what's the deal to her. She was so cool his date that is fair play to her.

I asked that before he explained himself, or maybe I missed it, less of the small mind nonsense please, it shows your level of intelligence, not everything is intended to offend, no need to apologise as I dont offend as easily as some

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Good god I've never felt more gooey watching a date on this show than I did for the chef and Siam. He was punching big time in terms of looks but she just completely and utterly fell for his soul and everything he stands for.

Ah I’m fairness they really clicked, great chemistry.

Really don’t think he was punching. It’s a bit harsh being honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

skinny90 wrote: »
    Ah I’m fairness they really clicked, great chemistry.

Really don’t think he was punching. It’s a bit harsh being honest

It's hardly an insult to say he was punching. She was the best looking girl of the whole series imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Steady nutty, steady.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Still Ill wrote: »
    It's hardly an insult to say he was punching. She was the best looking girl of the whole series imo.

She was a cracker, not denying that. But he was confident in his own self and appearance, he obviously presented well and as I said they clicked well.

I still don’t think he was punching

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭KevRossi

I know John a little bit. I've met him a few times with the photography. He always came across as a thoroughly decent fella, I knew his business went south but didn't know about the depression. The 'look' is something relatively new, but he's very young at heart.

I know she said she didn't find the physical attraction there, but she missed out on a lovely fella and an incredibly talented photographer.

• Advertisement

That was a great episode! Delighted for Sian and James too, a lovely pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Thought the people were well matched up tonight again, all seemed to be very decent people.

Young Dublin couple were well suited to each other, but I got the impression she was way more mature than him, surprised they haven't met up since, they are only down the road from each other.

John and Wicklow lady suited each other too, I like his optimism in that he could still work on her when they met up again. Thought she let him down very gently.

Muireann and Belfast lad were a good match personality wise, but a bit apart in the looks department. He had a tough life; being told to get out of his mothers house, it would have sank many others. She was great looking, but I get the impression she was hard work long term.

And where to star with Sian and Luke. I thought they would have moved in together before the lockdown, such was the gushing praise they had for each other. I liked both of their stories, decent people indeed.

Another good show, not as many social media influencer wannabes as previous years which makes a good change. More of this please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

KevRossi wrote: »
    I know John a little bit. I've met him a few times with the photography. He always came across as a thoroughly decent fella, I knew his business went south but didn't know about the depression. The 'look' is something relatively new, but he's very young at heart.

I know she said she didn't find the physical attraction there, but she missed out on a lovely fella and an incredibly talented photographer.

I liked him a lot. He was not full of crap and I thought his hair was fine. He was really taken with her though. I was hoping she would have gave him a chance. I would say he felt disappointed.

Spot on

She's lovely. I think she said that she was beautiful during the bit when they talk about themselves. She was talking about racism and how she is who she is and that she's beautiful.
    I think it might have been more of an overall view of how she feels though rather than her looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭DodoDojo

Siam is every lads dream come through. Absolutely gorgeous and seems so lovely. But according to the Hot Crazy Matrix the chef should be careful :-p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jHTGNPOYGQ&ab_channel=RogerJacobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

She's lovely. I think she said that she was beautiful during the bit when they talk about themselves. She was talking about racism and how she is who she is and that she's beautiful.
    I think it might have been more of an overall view of how she feels though rather than her looks.

Oh definitely, she's not quite aware of how gorgeous she is due to life experience I guess...but she's embracing her life and is doing brilliantly I think

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Did the player do a blip for anyone else when the Belfast guy was telling his story? It seemed to cut out the bit where he spoke about his past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Phil finally got to see the show, late late last night.
    1. Young Dubs - meh. Does schooling not extend to teaching what an atom is? They were nice but meh. Her maths about 2 year, 2 year and 4 year relationship would imply that she started going out with people at 12. Needy maybe? Meh in general, but I don't agree with the "they are too young to go on the show" post above. Some people want to get out and have fun, its not like everybody on the show has to be seeking a husband/wife.
    2. Cork girl and Belfast - didn't suspect any chemistry from the word go. She moved in with a fellah after 2 days, wtf? Once they were talking about horoscopes, I think it was time to call for the bill then.
    3. Wicklo couple - poor man, its very unfortunate for anybody to end up living in Arklow. Joking aside, I think he gave the vibe of trying too hard. With a bit more kemptness, and a outfit that didn't look like a 15 year old, he might have got a result. I suspect he'll find somebody though. Nice people both.
    4. Wexford woman and Westmeath man - there was something fishy about him for me. He had the look of a fella who would be a bare knuckle boxer or something. She was lovely, probably a bit mad but overall a bit of craic.

A better episode than last week.

Great to see Lorraine from a few series ago again, still the funniest moment in the history of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Thought the Westmeath guy was fine, not sure why you think something fishy about it?

He seemed grand, as did his date

• Registered Users Posts: 13,014 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Phil finally got to see the show, late late last night.
    1. Young Dubs - meh. Does schooling not extend to teaching what an atom is? They were nice but meh. Her maths about 2 year, 2 year and 4 year relationship would imply that she started going out with people at 12. Needy maybe? Meh in general, but I don't agree with the "they are too young to go on the show" post above. Some people want to get out and have fun, its not like everybody on the show has to be seeking a husband/wife.
    2. Cork girl and Belfast - didn't suspect any chemistry from the word go. She moved in with a fellah after 2 days, wtf? Once they were talking about horoscopes, I think it was time to call for the bill then.
    3. Wicklo couple - poor man, its very unfortunate for anybody to end up living in Arklow. Joking aside, I think he gave the vibe of trying too hard. With a bit more kemptness, and a outfit that didn't look like a 15 year old, he might have got a result. I suspect he'll find somebody though. Nice people both.
    4. Wexford woman and Westmeath man - there was something fishy about him for me. He had the look of a fella who would be a bare knuckle boxer or something. She was lovely, probably a bit mad but overall a bit of craic.

A better episode than last week.

Great to see Lorraine from a few series ago again, still the funniest moment in the history of the show.
    It's not Lorraine coming back but the guy she was paired up with.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Oh definitely, she's not quite aware of how gorgeous she is due to life experience I guess...but she's embracing her life and is doing brilliantly I think

Just watched it back on the player. Whilst she seemed nice enough, I don’t get the raving about the girl’s looks. Didn’t think she was anything special.

In my view, the two blonde girls were far more attractive, although the one with the glasses had the potential to be a grade ‘A’ head wrecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Good episode last night in the end, the last date was arguably one of the best of the entire series, delighted they were a match as they seemed like such nice people!

Young Dubs - it wasn't the most exciting date to watch but they both seemed sound and well matched, two good looking people with plenty of common interests. It felt like a very realistic date, one that you would probably see in any restaurant in the country on a given weekend.

Belfast/Cork - didn't do it for me and could tell it wouldn't be a match a mile off. Again, both seemed like sound people but I'm struggling to even remember any details.

Wicklow couple - good watch. John (?) seemed like an absolutely lovely man but I think he was just a bit too eager. Admittedly did comment on his haircut/clothing when watching it but he seemed like a real gentle soul who was good craic, but I think if he had of played it a bit cooler he might have had a better chance.

The last couple were brilliant. Two genuinely nice people who seemed to go on the show for the right reasons. When watching the show I often give out about the sob stories that go with so many daters, even though these two did have some hardships they didn't seem to be playing the sympathy card and they were so well matched. Great ending to the show. I would have bet my house that he was eastern European until he opened his mouth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Hamachi wrote: »
    Just watched it back on the player. Whilst she seemed nice enough, I don’t get the raving about the girl’s looks. Didn’t think she was anything special.

In my view, the two blonde girls were far more attractive, although the one with the glasses had the potential to be a grade ‘A’ head wrecker.

You're in a small minority it seems, she's very good looking imo.
    But I think most people likes her because of her attitude and life story than just her looks

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    shes sound

hes a gob****e

i doubt it
    Probably the best dressed fella I've seen on the show.

This has to be a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Hamachi

You're in a small minority it seems, she's very good looking imo.
    But I think most people likes her because of her attitude and life story than just her looks

Fair enough. Seemed like a nice girl and good fun, but not someone I’d give a second glance on the street or in the pub. I guess these things are very subjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭purifol0

Super nice of the ladies to let the Arklow man and Trans man pay full whack for their meal, before flat out hitting them with the "it didn't feeeeel romantic". Big shout out to Wicklow woman for the disingenuous "I'll get you a drink afterwards".

Very telling that both of the emasculated rejects said they felt it was their "duty as a man to pay" then walk them to the car after they treat you like a meal ticket and doormat.

"Don't put pussy on a pedestal" - Albert Einstein

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The blonde bird with the big glasses who was on the date with the trans guy is in the new boi ad with Baz Ashface.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭YellowLead

The blonde bird with the big glasses who was on the date with the trans guy is in the new boi ad with Baz Ashface.

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

The blonde in the radio studio? That’s not her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

wouldn't be surprised - participants for op transformation, first dates etc are chosen from Acting agencies

Advertisement