Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    Would you be down on two knees licking the palms of her feet or something.

Feet have soles. Hands have palms

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

For everyone who comes on here every week like “THE MAN SHOULDN’T HAVE TO PAY.”

That’s how weird that attitude looks, and how well that goes, in real life. It was somehow more mortifying when he tried to play it off as if he was just testing her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

One wrong move with Milfy Barbara and you're out. He dodged a bullet there.

she was miles out of his league so he blew a one shot deal

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭IngridM20

Splitsies was the end of him.
    Sad for the hyper girl who looked upset
    Not exactly losing out are they? Yikes .... it’s crazy to see...
    Good episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Feet have soles. Hands have palms

Unfortunately your "perfect woman" Barbara has hands for feet and a cock instead of a Vagina. No woman is perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,118 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

No

You invite a woman out to dinner and you pay for it

Basic manners

He didn't invite her though.
    Still think he should have offered to pay full anyway.
    As for "splitsies", jesus wept.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Unfortunately your "perfect woman" Barbara has hands for feet and a cock instead of a Vagina. No woman is perfect.

Shocking comment

Gilfy

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Shocking comment

Nah, just stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I think it is interesting how easily the women let the guy pay, its like they are living in 1920 or something.

I think the Roscommon guy should have said yes, she seemed a lovely girl, a bit too good for him in my opinion. He had a bit of a serious face on him, the kind of guy that puts on an act, he was laughing but it was a fake laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,591 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

• Registered Users Posts: 40,323 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

her twitter photo looks nothing like her.

She looks even more annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

That clown concierge guy is so smarmy and full of himself

• Registered Users Posts: 40,323 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

IngridM20 wrote: »
    She looks even more annoying.

those soft-focus duckface selfies always look terrible.

No

You invite a woman out to dinner and you pay for it

Basic manners

Eh what?

He didn’t invite her - that’s not the concept at all

She made contact with the producers and signed up to appear on the show

Barbara very full of herself but a false confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I was just going to say, typical catfish!

Rachel (red head) is a twitter personality. Probably just went on to have some content for her twitter.

Ultra woke also.

Ha, didn't watch the show but just realised I know Sam! How did the date go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Interesting episode....

Two gay guys were really well matched, very down to earth as well and not egoistic or narcisstic. Glad it clicked and they are meeting each other.

Rachel and Glasses guy were also well matched to a point. He's very shy, almost painfully so but his trip to the States seems to have done him a world of good. I think she was here to publicise herself, seems they both found someone else so all good there,

I liked Miranda, she reminds me of my cousin, who's also a bit ADHD. She was very talkative, but very funny and a good person to meet up with. They were a slightly different match though. He seems more grounded and seemed to know what he wants in life. She was fairly gutted when he said no. Nice to see she met someone. Gorgeous hair as well.

Ans where to start with Barbara. It seems he didn't fancy himself with her for some reason, but he was with her for a couple of hours so maybe he saw something. Maybe the bill-paying was a test. She wasn't impressed, looks like she's used to being treated well. I thought at the end she was expecting him to say yes, and if so she would have met him again. But it wasn't to be.

Cracking looking woman, funny, mischievous, a cyclist, not much older than me and lives near enough to me as well. What am I doing wrong? :)

This might sound odd, but there was a triangular cut at the back of her dress, at the bottom of her spine. Thought that was very sexy for some reason.

But I enjoyed tonight a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I've never seen someone snatching defeat from the jaws of victory quite so catastrophically as that! What was he playing at?!
    I know there's people who will say equality, feminism, blah blah blah, but those factors are not as relevant at their age. She was great looking and good craic and probably into him too. He even could've maybe salvaged it at the end too - she was very hesitant to close the door on it and I think she just ruled out seeing each other romantically to protect herself from the double whammy of paying for her dinner and then getting rejected by him. He'll be having nightmares about that one. (Unless he wasn't actually interested in her. But it seemed like he said he was in the solo interview)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Honestly I’d say it’s more likely he kept it together for the date then unravelled a bit and showed his issues, that have likely led him to be single, at the end. First dates in general are tough to mess up if you click, you just have to hold your piss and play your best hand for a few hours, much less in a situation with a nice restaurant, a date who’s volunteered to be there and bought-in and an environment where you’re encouraged to connect. If there’s any sign of crazy at that stage, you’re best running and I’d say in that moment she saw serious red flags.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

On the whole "splitsies" debacle, what I found most strange was when he then said he would pay for it - he only wanted to see what she would say or it was a test or somehing around the splitsies comment. Really weird behaviour.

She nearly choked on her drink when he suggested going splitsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Hell yeh he did! She would never pass the test with his family/friends.

KevRossi wrote: »

Ans where to start with Barbara. It seems he didn't fancy himself with her for some reason, but he was with her for a couple of hours so maybe he saw something. Maybe the bill-paying was a test. She wasn't impressed, looks like she's used to being treated well. I thought at the end she was expecting him to say yes, and if so she would have met him again. But it wasn't to be.

Cracking looking woman, funny, mischievous, a cyclist, not much older than me and lives near enough to me as well. What am I doing wrong? :)

Would you not have thought that she would be the type to bleed him dry and ALWAYS let him pay for everything? Maybe he wanted to test that theory?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Matteo is the GOAT

I loved the bit where the guy with the glasses was explaining his upturn in fortune after his move to the America. I loved how much he got into the explanation to her. Seemed a good guy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Would you not have thought that she would be the type to bleed him dry and ALWAYS let him pay for everything? Maybe he wanted to test that theory?

Test it on the second date then! Not on tv and make yourself look a prat! I'm in my thirties and I think the guy should always pay on First Dates unless the the girl acting absolutely terribly or she's putting up huge resistance to him paying. Guys who don't pay generally come out of it looking really badly. It's just not worth it for the sake of €50. There's plenty of times to assess later if she's the type to just bleed them dry.

Thought the red head guy dealt with the bill very well with what could've been an awkward situation, given you'd have strong suspicions she might have been a hardline feminist. Thought he was brilliant overall on his date. Came across very well.

Still Ill wrote: »
    Test it on the second date then! Not on tv and make yourself look a prat! I'm in my thirties and I think the guy should always pay on First Dates unless the the girl acting absolutely terribly or she's putting up huge resistance to him paying. Guys who don't pay generally come out of it looking really badly. It's just not worth it for the sake of €50. There's plenty of times to assess later if she's the type to just bleed them dry.

I suppose but its been a while since I had done dating. I seem to remember that I would get food and she would get a couple of drinks in afterwards.

I would certainly question what his train of thought was on going splits on it and she looked shocked that she would have to put her hand in her purse. But sure look, it made good tv!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 RebeccaK21

On the whole "splitsies" debacle, what I found most strange was when he then said he would pay for it - he only wanted to see what she would say or it was a test or somehing around the splitsies comment. Really weird behaviour.

She nearly choked on her drink when he suggested going splitsies.

That was so odd. He said it was a test but that doesn't even make sense. What was she expecting, that she'd disagree and insist he pays? Of course she's going to pay her half then. It was so rude!
    I felt sorry for her really, I thought they were getting on well and would say she had the same impression. If I was her, the way he shouted splitsies (!!!) would have told me that he was not interested at all. And she did leave loads of silences at the end where he could have interjected in the interview. If he'd said yes she definitely would have.

Advertisement