Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016

Options
1134135136137138140»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭corny

If Mayo come out first they should go straight to the Hill again like a Decade ago;)

I'd actually love to see how Dublin would respond to that. I think they'd go down the Canal end and warm up. All business with Gavin me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

corny wrote: »
    I'd actually love to see how Dublin would respond to that. I think they'd go down the Canal end and warm up. All business with Gavin me thinks.

Yup. I honestly wouldn't think it would bother the team one iota. This ain't a brittle side.

If anything our lack of reaction would wind them up more I'd say. Can't see this Mayo team acting the major like that and getting distracted with gamesmanship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

corny wrote: »

They wouldn't care two hoots.

I found that stuff with Whelan leading the charge embarassing in the extreme. All fart and no shít. No such carry on with those boys there now. Go out, play the game, win, go home.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I was in the canal end years ago and Tyrone did it in a league game. I think they got 5 goals that day and one was a volly on John O'Leary's kickout

• Registered Users Posts: 15,102 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Surprisingly enough it was only after the 2006 incident that they pre determined the warmup areas, Hill or Canal.

Prior to that who ever was out first decided where they warmed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I found that stuff with Whelan leading the charge embarassing in the extreme. All fart and no shít. No such carry on with those boys there now. Go out, play the game, win, go home.

What a line!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

What a line!

That one has gone into my notebook for future use.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

There has to be a Gary Lineker joke in there somewhere. :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Jayop wrote:
    That one has gone into my notebook for future use.

He's used it before that Donegal man.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,102 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

So a SF of Dublin v Kerry and Mayo v Ulster
    With Dublin winning the final against a Mayo team that continue to facilitate other counties in making history while not reaching their own goals.

I hope I’m wrong

Well feck it I was right
    Dublin made their history and Mayo facilitated it.

Interesting year overall I suppose.
    The big story would have to be Tipp and their journey to an All Ireland SF

It was built on their victory over Cork, winning a provincial SF means that you are only one win away for a All Ireland QF, whether that win be the provincial final or the 4th round qualifier.

Interesting too in Connacht too where Mayo got dethroned and then both Roscommon and Galway managed to make a balls of progressing any further than their province.

Leinster was the usual walk in the park for Dublin and Ulster is an unpredictable as ever.

So in 2017 Dublin will be going for 3 in a row, which is a huge ask.

2017 matches Leinster v Ulster and Connacht v Munster in the Semi Finals

Again I'd expect Dublin to be there, and possibly Tyrone, but a lot can happen in Ulster.
    If it is Tyrone it will be interesting to see if they give Dublin a real cahllenge, as I said 3 in a row is a big ask.

Not sure about Donegal, a lot over on the Donegal thread are none too pleased with Rory 4 more years or whatever he got.
    Monaghan had a shock exit this time, so not sure how they are fixed either

Kerry will again win Munster, Cork are terrible and Tipp are no match for them, even though Kerry will be in somewhat of a transition .
    Interestingly the Munster finalists get a bye into the next season Munster Semi Finals, but they may be drawn against each other at that point, sure enough Tipp could be drawn to play Kerry in the SF and let Cork fight it out with the others in the other side.

If Mayo can get themselves off the floor from last weekend, which I hope and expect they will, then they are by far the best team in Connacht
    Both Galway and Roscommon flattered to deceive this year and a bit like Donegal a good few Galway folks are wondering about the wisdom of keeping Walsh on as manager

Rocommon have their own managerial turmoil but if that's sorted it might settle them down and they may concentrate on the championship this time

A Mayo v Kerry SF would be 50/50 if you ask me,probably another replay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,163 ✭✭✭✭km79

Well feck it I was right
    Dublin made their history and Mayo facilitated it.

Interesting year overall I suppose.
    The big story would have to be Tipp and their journey to an All Ireland SF

It was built on their victory over Cork, winning a provincial SF means that you are only one win away for a All Ireland QF, whether that win be the provincial final or the 4th round qualifier.

Interesting too in Connacht too where Mayo got dethroned and then both Roscommon and Galway managed to make a balls of progressing any further than their province.

Leinster was the usual walk in the park for Dublin and Ulster is an unpredictable as ever.

So in 2017 Dublin will be going for 3 in a row, which is a huge ask.

2017 matches Leinster v Ulster and Connacht v Munster in the Semi Finals

Again I'd expect Dublin to be there, and possibly Tyrone, but a lot can happen in Ulster.
    If it is Tyrone it will be interesting to see if they give Dublin a real cahllenge, as I said 3 in a row is a big ask.

Not sure about Donegal, a lot over on the Donegal thread are none too pleased with Rory 4 more years or whatever he got.
    Monaghan had a shock exit this time, so not sure how they are fixed either

Kerry will again win Munster, Cork are terrible and Tipp are no match for them, even though Kerry will be in somewhat of a transition .
    Interestingly the Munster finalists get a bye into the next season Munster Semi Finals, but they may be drawn against each other at that point, sure enough Tipp could be drawn to play Kerry in the SF and let Cork fight it out with the others in the other side.

If Mayo can get themselves off the floor from last weekend, which I hope and expect they will, then they are by far the best team in Connacht
    Both Galway and Roscommon flattered to deceive this year and a bit like Donegal a good few Galway folks are wondering about the wisdom of keeping Walsh on as manager

Rocommon have their own managerial turmoil but if that's sorted it might settle them down and they may concentrate on the championship this time

A Mayo v Kerry SF would be 50/50 if you ask me,probably another replay

You even predicted the own goals

km79 wrote:

He's all sh1t and no fart that fella, he nailed it.

km79 wrote: »
    You even predicted the own goals

Yeah, both of them. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 48,163 ✭✭✭✭km79

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Yeah, both of them. :p

Too soon
    :D
    Edit : can't believe it was this day last week
    Feels like an age ago
    Not that I've watched it back or ever will

No. It's not the Mayo thread, or the curse thread. I'm staying well clear of them.

Advertisement