Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst companies for customer service in Ireland/on boards?

Options
  • 19-04-2016 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or are Virgin Ireland and Three bad companies? I mean, I just looked at the last posted topics a second ago there and 7 topics were for Virgin and there always seems to be problems with Three, i know cause I'm with Three too.

I guess it's more customer service. Had my fair share with them. But just noticing it more with Virgin. Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Someone's going to say it eventually so allow me:

There's a thread for this already over in the consumer issues forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055199604

I'll be very surprised if this thread remains open here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Stop throttling out netflix @Virgin

We're not throttling your netflix @Customers

Here's some solid proof you are @Virgin

@Virgin goes quiet.... and still wont talk about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ah, I did not know that! Thanks. I'll go have a read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

smash wrote: »

Virgin are actively throttling VPN connections on SuperHub 3.0 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Eircom was always terrible, 20 minutes on the phone and then they'd I'd get disconnected.

God be with the days you'd have to wait 3 or 4 months to get a phone installed in the house, that was the old P&T. A politician might get you up the listm

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

eBay and Paypal do absolutely nothing to protect your money or identity theft. I've never used their customer support, but I had a nice surprise when I had to use it a few months ago. Basically you ask X, Y and Z, and they'll respond to B with a default email and many kind regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Triboro

K-9 wrote: »
    Eircom was always terrible, 20 minutes on the phone and then they'd I'd get disconnected.

God be with the days you'd have to wait 3 or 4 months to get a phone installed in the house, that was the old P&T. A politician might get you up the listm

Yeah Eircom,
    What a nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Agreed about Paypal. I am locked out of my paypal account permanently, because I forgot my password and the answers to the questions I chose have been forgotten as well by me.
    But why worry Paypal. I'm just one of the little people.
    Also, I tried to log a complaint in the Paypal system. Default emails all the way - to a dead end.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,440 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    Agreed about Paypal. I am locked out of my paypal account permanently, because I forgot my password and the answers to the questions I chose have been forgotten as well by me.
    Also, I tried to log a complaint in the Paypal system. Default emails all the way - to a dead end.

That sounds more like your fault then theirs in all fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

5rtytry56 wrote: »

You should be thanking paypal. That policy protects your money. If they let you in Id be shutting down my account instantly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Not actually a company but i find dealing with landlords/estate agents absolutely diabolical in Ireland,they don't turn up for appointments at all, never answer phones unless looking for deposits and just don't give a dam.

smash wrote: »

Netflix is on in my house 4-5 hours a day. No problems, on Virgin. Is it only in some areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

AES are useless to deal with, don't know the meaning of the words customer services

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I feel sorry for the Virgin reps in that bear pit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The Irish Water forum is very quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

Ryanair. I loathe Ryanair and their customer service, though it's gotten marginally better. They no longer freak out and demand you pay €50 if your on-board baggage is slightly over the designated weight. Can't stop flying with them though, it's just so cheap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Remember that companies devalue their customer service departments. Often the reps at the coalface are the last to know about anything from a company perspective yet the first to know when things go wrong for the customer. They are often criminally under-resourced.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    The Irish Water forum is very quiet.

That's because noone is paying any more after FF's comments post election.

Vodafone are the worst company in the universe. I still regularly check their talk to (and 3) to have a good giggle. Can't imagine how they still have customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Virgin. Always Virgin. I've had 4 months of hell with them, speaking to the reps in the Philippines/Malaysia wherever it is is like pulling teeth. They just dont listen. They made mistakes on our account by not applying discounts and tried to take the full monthly amount out if my account. They only didnt get it because I dont trust them and stopped the DD as they told me my account was in credit. After having service cut twice I finally rang credit control in Limerick and they sorted the issue in 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Eircom or whatever they call themselves these day. Hands down no contest. I'm not sure if they have managed to distance themselves from their appalling reputation with their new rebranding. Haven't had to deal with them for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

FBD

If you ever have to make a claim with FBD best of luck.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 28,440 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

turnikett1 wrote: »
    Ryanair. I loathe Ryanair and their customer service, though it's gotten marginally better. They no longer freak out and demand you pay €50 if your on-board baggage is slightly over the designated weight. Can't stop flying with them though, it's just so cheap :(

Never get this complaint.

It was ok for years for other airlines to charge IE£200 to London but give you a "free" check in bag and drink.

Ryanair sell cheap flights and then charge for bags and it's "bad service".

I use them regularly for years. Play the game, kept the bag underweight got around Europe for nothing.
    Punctuality is really good and I don't get this "service" that people are missing as I just sit in my seat for a couple of hours.

2nd bags allowed now, website improved, good phone apps and prices still low.

Good on Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,183 ✭✭✭✭looksee

K-9 wrote: »

3 or 4 months! lol. We had been waiting 3 years when p&t got their act together and said everyone waiting would have a phone within (I think) a year. We finally got one a year later in about 1977. Been with them since and have not had any problems that I recall. I am proposing to cancel my evision shortly so maybe the record will be broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

vast majority of companies in this country have no idea what customer service means

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Shint0 wrote: »
    Eircom or whatever they call themselves these day. Hands down no contest. I'm not sure if they have managed to distance themselves from their appalling reputation with their new rebranding. Haven't had to deal with them for a while.

Believe me they haven't, worst customer service ever. I commented to one of their reps that perhaps the millions they spent on rebranding to Eir may have been better spent on customer service training. She had no comment. Thankfully after about an hour spent on the phone each month when I got my incorrect bill I got a note within one to say they were changing the terms of my contract and I could opt out, I jumped on it and now happily back with sky.

Bills perfect every month with sky and when a problem arose with my hub, a new one despatched same day and offered me free sky movies for a month. You can't argue with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

murpho999 wrote: »

It was ok for years for other airlines to charge IE£200 to London but give you a "free" check in bag and drink.

Ryanair sell cheap flights and then charge for bags and it's bad service.

I use them regularly for years. Play the game, kept the bag underweight got around Europe for nothing.
    Punctuality is really good and I don't get these "service" that people are missing as I just sit in my seat for a couple of hours.

Good on Ryanair.

My bag was barely overweight. It still fit more or less just fine, maybe had to give it a little extra tug. Do you really think having to pay €50 for that is fair? Do you also think it's fair to have to pay €50 PER instrument, PER flight, regardless of the weight or size of the instrument? I'm moving back to Ireland in 3 weeks, and I'm bringing home 2 instruments. Ryanair are the only place that do flights to Shannon, and even then I have to change in London. That's a total of €200, just to bring two instruments home. The flight itself is only €30. Do you honestly think that's good customer service?

I have an accordion, ok quite cumbersome I don't mind paying it, even both ways... But a small fiddle that I can easily bring on board, especially when I'm not bringing on any other hand luggage? Ridiculous if you ask me.

Also, Local Property Tax... I'd know, I had to work for them :D Atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

murpho999 wrote: »

Ryanair sell cheap flights and then charge for bags and it's bad service.

Punctuality is really good and I don't get these "service" that people are missing as I just sit in my seat for a couple of hours.

Good on Ryanair.
    Have to agree with this. Never experienced any problems with Ryanair in my life except for always long delays in Madrid for some reason.... and their dreadful landings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

Esat.

They haven't answered the phone in years and me Speakeasy is fcuked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

turnikett1 wrote: »
    My bag was barely overweight. It still fit more or less just fine, maybe had to give it a little extra tug. Do you really think having to pay €50 for that is fair? Do you also think it's fair to have to pay €50 PER instrument, PER flight, regardless of the weight or size of the instrument? I'm moving back to Ireland in 3 weeks, and I'm bringing home 2 instruments. Ryanair are the only place that do flights to Shannon, and even then I have to change in London. That's a total of €200, just to bring two instruments home. The flight itself is only €30. Do you honestly think that's good customer service?

I have an accordion, ok quite cumbersome I don't mind paying it, even both ways... But a small fiddle that I can easily bring on board, especially when I'm not bringing on any other hand luggage? Ridiculous if you ask me.

Also, Local Property Tax... I'd know, I had to work for them :D Atrocious.

get to the check in desk, whip out your instrument, ask the lady if she'd like a little fiddle.

you'll be well looked after.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Netflix is on in my house 4-5 hours a day. No problems, on Virgin. Is it only in some areas?
    No, but at certain times you'll notice they'll decide that it's time for you to stop enjoying netflix and hit you with a picture that looks like it came from a video camera from the 70's.

Advertisement