Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst companies for customer service in Ireland/on boards?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Cathy.C wrote: »
    Esat.

They haven't answered the phone in years and me Speakeasy is fcuked.

That you Michael.

Said Mr. O'Brien to Mr. Lowry allegedly.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Skrill customer service is the worst I've ever dealt with .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The lads in the DRP forum have terrible customer service.

'Any chance you could look into this?'

'Did you follow the f*cking flow diagram?'

'Yeah, that's why I am here.'

'Ok I will look into it for you.'

2 weeks later.

'Any update on this?'

'Well, you know personal stuff came up...and we're volunteers...and your ban is up anyway, so can we mark this resolved?'

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The 2 weeks would be the coke and hookers. But yeah, some do get over looked.

Same with the posters who do get time spent on them and never reply back. Who'd work in customer service?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Believe me they haven't, worst customer service ever. I commented to one of their reps that perhaps the millions they spent on rebranding to Eir may have been better spent on customer service training. She had no comment. Thankfully after about an hour spent on the phone each month when I got my incorrect bill I got a note within one to say they were changing the terms of my contract and I could opt out, I jumped on it and now happily back with sky.

Bills perfect every month with sky and when a problem arose with my hub, a new one despatched same day and offered me free sky movies for a month. You can't argue with that.

Rather than berating the poor unfortunate at the other end of the line would it not have been a more productive use of both of your time to actually work on resolving the issue?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

K-9 wrote: »
    Eircom was always terrible, 20 minutes on the phone and then they'd I'd get disconnected.

God be with the days you'd have to wait 3 or 4 months to get a phone installed in the house, that was the old P&T. A politician might get you up the listm

Eir

worst company in the world ever

and anyone that disagrees shall be scaled via irate typing!

Never worked, tech support never fixed it, constant overcharge, debt collectors, more random charges, automatic emails and eventually, eventually after 2 ****ing years, they ****ed off and left me alone

P_1 wrote: »
    Rather than berating the poor unfortunate at the other end of the line would it not have been a more productive use of both of your time to actually work on resolving the issue?

it gets annoying when tey keep making the same pointless, off topic and irelevent comments over and over again

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

Believe me they haven't, worst customer service ever. I commented to one of their reps that perhaps the millions they spent on rebranding to Eir may have been better spent on customer service training. She had no comment. .

I don't really understand why you expect her to have a comment, she had zero part to play, probably agreed but couldn't say so without getting into trouble.
    Judging by the discussions on virgin pages on this site they do seem to have a bad rep, have they been making any improvements on customer service?

turnikett1 wrote: »
    Ryanair. I loathe Ryanair and their customer service, though it's gotten marginally better. They no longer freak out and demand you pay €50 if your on-board baggage is slightly over the designated weight. Can't stop flying with them though, it's just so cheap :(

I share your pain, only company that flies direct to where I wanna go.

Didnt stop them from making me unpack 2 bags weighting 45kg and repacking into 2 bags that weighted 20kg and a 3rd bag that weighed 5kg and used as hand luggage. Despite my overall allowance being 70kg in total (2 hold bags and 3 carry ons).

now before anyone complains, my wife is in a wheelchair and we had at the time a 9month old and a 2 year oldand the first leg staff had no issue with my common sense, easier for all concerned method. The evil manager even complimented my wife on what a catch I was. She sitting alone, in a wheelchair while I put a bag and 2 kids though security and thats the behaviour of the staff.

compassion and common sense Ryanair, small effort would have made a huge difference. Of course so would answering my complaint at all but hey,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Bank Of Ireland. Outsourced all of their IT to India, and now you can't get an answer when you have a problem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Three. I'm pretty sure they have a big flashing note on my account calling me a physco but every single time I have to deal with them I can almost feel flames coming out of my nose.

Sky are the nicest, they're complete flirts

esforum wrote: »
    I share your pain, only company that flies direct to where I wanna go.

Didnt stop them from making me unpack 2 bags weighting 45kg and repacking into 2 bags that weighted 20kg and a 3rd bag that weighed 5kg and used as hand luggage. Despite my overall allowance being 70kg in total (2 hold bags and 3 carry ons).

now before anyone complains, my wife is in a wheelchair and we had at the time a 9month old and a 2 year oldand the first leg staff had no issue with my common sense, easier for all concerned method. The evil manager even complimented my wife on what a catch I was. She sitting alone, in a wheelchair while I put a bag and 2 kids though security and thats the behaviour of the staff.

compassion and common sense Ryanair, small effort would have made a huge difference. Of course so would answering my complaint at all but hey,

I might be missing something but it was you who packed them incorrectly the first time, so why is it their fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Without a doubt Virgin Ireland.

Got a Horizon box a few months back and it took a week for the connection to carry over to the new SSID. Rang tech support four times (which is of course in the bleeding Phillipines ). Told it would be fixed in ten and twenty minutes for both the Horizon and second set top box. Next day we were told it would be logged up to another department after waiting for 24 hours according to the previous idiot. (who of course were off for the next two days !!)

I got diverted to the finance and legal departments by mistake then finally after a fourth angry call they logged a call to the engineers here in Dublin who fixed it pronto within half an hour. Fair play to them.

But this was after a week of being dicked around by clueless foreigners who didn't even know which departments to liaise with in their own organization. They didn't even inform us that the change over would take x amount of time. Just ****ed the new horizon box at us and away off to infuriate another Virgin Ireland customer no doubt.

Abysmal customer service.

Three. I'm pretty sure they have a big flashing note on my account calling me a physco but every single time I have to deal with them I can almost feel flames coming out of my nose.

Sky are the nicest, they're complete flirts

do they cal you and ask them to confirm YOUR number and name?

They did to me, I used to tell them to confirm their details and refuse to confirm mine on the basis that they called me, they should know who I am and what number they called.

To be fair to myself, it wasnt to annoy them but to point out the stupidity of their policy

I always got a superisor when I rang them so I know there was a flashing red light when I called "eeeoh eeoh, arguemntative prick calling"

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Vodaphone - I've had no problems with the service I've had with them in the 17 years I've been with them (started as eircell). It's the cold calls that happen every couple of weeks.

Rep: "Boom_Bap as a valued customer we would like to offer you this amazing thing, can you just confirm your name and address for me"
    Boom: "Nope, I will not give personal info over the phone on a cold call"
    Rep: " But I'm from vodaphone"
    Boom:"I can say I'm from Vodaphone as well, how about you give me your address and bank details"
    Rep ....
    eh....
    Boom: "Thanks for calling"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Eir/Eirom actually tell you to make a complaint to ComReg once it goes past the timeframe for dealing with your complaint. This obviously buys them more time while ComReg deals with all the rest of their backlog of complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

Believe me they haven't, worst customer service ever. I commented to one of their reps that perhaps the millions they spent on rebranding to Eir may have been better spent on customer service training. She had no comment. Thankfully after about an hour spent on the phone each month when I got my incorrect bill I got a note within one to say they were changing the terms of my contract and I could opt out, I jumped on it and now happily back with sky.

What exactly do you expect them to say? Did they rename the company? Or some fat cat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Vodaphone - I've had no problems with the service I've had with them in the 17 years I've been with them (started as eircell). It's the cold calls that happen every couple of weeks.

Rep: "Boom_Bap as a valued customer we would like to offer you this amazing thing, can you just confirm your name and address for me"
    Boom: "Nope, I will not give personal info over the phone on a cold call"
    Rep: " But I'm from vodaphone"
    Boom:"I can say I'm from Vodaphone as well, how about you give me your address and bank details"
    Rep ....
    eh....
    Boom: "Thanks for calling"

I used to get those calls and constantly asked to be taken off their marketing list. Finally after an argument one evening they told me it's 'self service' and gave me the number to call.

http://s31.postimg.org/xqnxwe77f/image.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

What exactly do you expect them to say? Did they rename the company? Or some fat cat?

They renamed the company to 'eir' as they were too lazy and incompetent to say 'eircom'. Give it 5 years and the company will simply be called 'eh' as in eh, can't be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

When looking at any online customer service forum, you have to remember two things:

1. Happy customers don't post. And no company has 100% happy customers.

2. The forum format gives some people the confidence to go on rants that they wouldn't have the balls to say over the phone.

3. You will see the same people complaining continually. There's a good chance they're not being treated poorly, they just have an unreasonably high expectation of service providers and will be ranting at them over a five minute outage, even if it's not their fault.

Three's customer service isn't good. Not terrible either, but I wouldn't rate it good. UPCs used to awful for wait times, but perfectly good once you got through.

The actual service itself is great though from both companies as far as I'm concerned.

• Advertisement

esforum wrote: »
    it gets annoying when tey keep making the same pointless, off topic and irelevent comments over and over again

Then listen to some Pantera. Don't take it out on the poor sap who has to listen to your whinging.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

They renamed the company to 'eir' as they were too lazy and incompetent to say 'eircom'. Give it 5 years and the company will simply be called 'eh' as in eh, can't be bothered.

In what way does that answer the question you were asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,852 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

seamus wrote: »
    When looking at any online customer service forum, you have to remember two things:

2. The forum format gives some people the confidence to go on rants that they wouldn't have the balls to say over the phone.

3. You will see the same people complaining continually. There's a good chance they're not being treated poorly, they just have an unreasonably high expectation of service providers and will be ranting at them over a five minute outage, even if it's not their fault.

Three's customer service isn't good. Not terrible either, but I wouldn't rate it good. UPCs used to awful for wait times, but perfectly good once you got through.

The actual service itself is great though from both companies as far as I'm concerned.

This happens a lot on the Three forum. Not because of high expectation but because the problems never get resolved. For example I was told, on the forum, that there was a fault in my area that would be fixed soon. That was 3 months ago.

Three are in a different league as far as I am concerned. They simply don't care. As long as they can continue to persuade new people to join by making false claims, they don't care about the people who get a bad service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭VW 1

seamus wrote:

seamus wrote:

seamus wrote:

My experience is probably different to yours but I have opened a thread on the VM talk to forum as a result of being overcharged on my normal bill when a discount should have been received.

No ability to provide updated billing info according to the agent and no documentation of new co tract despite it being demanded. This contravenes Irish and EU law.

This is one of 4 issues I have had since joining 9 months ago, it seems the tactic behind VM customer service is to frustrate the customer to the point of just accepting the issue as opposed to trying to get it resolved through the abysmal customer service provided.

seamus wrote: »

Very fair analysis. It is often quite difficult to effectively troubleshoot someone's issue when they post about it online too, mainly due to the ranting nature of the post in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'll be perfectly honest, and say that I don't have any issues with many of the companies named here, with which I have accounts, have flown etc.

Customer service has a lot to do with karma in my opinion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Vodafone are brutal. I currently have a mobile contract with them as well as the broadband contract. Our modem broke down after 5 weeks and they sent a replacement. The replacement was also faulty and broke 10 days later. They won't let us cancel our contract as they ''have upheld the contract by attempting to solve our problems''.
    Cannot wait to be finished with them. Never again.

AES are also awful. Very overpriced and impossible to actually speak to a human on the phone rather than an automated menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Virgin Media are having serious problems at the minute it seems!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    Agreed about Paypal. I am locked out of my paypal account permanently, because I forgot my password and the answers to the questions I chose have been forgotten as well by me.

If you forgot the answers to the security questions that you yourself chose, then you deserve to be permanently locked out of your account.

• Advertisement

I moved my phone from o2 to 3 after the takeover, because I was paying 60 euro for a package with 5gb internet when I could get all you can eat data for 20 euro a month. When it sounds too good to be true it probably is.
    From the very first day I had nothing but problems, they completely screwed up the porting of my phone and I was almost two full days with no working phone.
    The first day during port they left me on the support line for almost an hour until the woman "just saw" an email telling her the system was down.

I had 4G but in reality most of the time my coverage was gprs (even in Dublin 2)
    They wanted me to download an app to test the speed with an Internet connection not even enough to send an iMessage.

They were so unhelpful. Blamed the sim, replaced the sim,blamed my phone (that worked perfectly before switching over) blamed the structure of my house, blamed the commute on the train.

I was carrying around a wifi dongle from another company in order to use my phone.

On one occasion I called up to ask why was I paying for a service I couldn't use. I was told I wasn't paying for it, three was giving it to me.

Having support staff with a basic level of understanding the English accent wouldn't go astray

Advertisement