Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Accord iDTEC DPF light on!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

ABC101 wrote: »
    As long as it does not have the N47 engine!!:pac::pac:

He is pretty much looking up in the years so should be ok :) the n47 went out in 11 didn't it?

I'll rephrase that.... they fixed the timing chain problems in 2011 didn't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭ABC101

jayo26 wrote: »
    He is pretty much looking up in the years so should be ok :) the n47 went out in 11 didn't it?

I'll rephrase that.... they fixed the timing chain problems in 2011 didn't they?

I’d say it’s well fixed by 2011. but why a 2.0, several posters on here have recommend the 3.0.

Certainly a 530d kinda stands out from the 520d.

ABC101 wrote: »
    I’d say it’s well fixed by 2011. but why a 2.0, several posters on here have recommend the 3.0.

Certainly a 530d kinda stands out from the 520d.

Coz I have a 520 I'm not going to go against myself ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 pmeade1

thanks guys. Would love to go BMW but honestly I don't think they are reliable enough. I have had Jap cars always, the old Honda's were bullet proof. I like the look of the 520 and that Audi A5 is wow, but can I trust it to go like a jap machine!

pmeade1 wrote: »
    thanks guys. Would love to go BMW but honestly I don't think they are reliable enough. I have had Jap cars always, the old Honda's were bullet proof. I like the look of the 520 and that Audi A5 is wow, but can I trust it to go like a jap machine!

I have seen so many a5s and a6s go wrong I wouldn't go that direction myself apart from the timing chain issues on the older 5 series I haven't seen much as a major reliability problem on anything newer.

I'm guessing if you were looking at a 161 mazda your budget would be around a 141 5 series I had my eye on a Mazda first but when I drove the 520 there was no comparison and as some said maybe the 530 is even better again I never got to try one but I didn't see many for sale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

jayo26 wrote: »
    Get a nice 520d you won't look at anything else trust me :)

Ha ha, post of the day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,734 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

My A6 started this nonsense yesterday :( Radiator fan on constantly, and white smoke from the rear. A scan revealed a pending P2002 DPF error and a 40km motorway spin in 4th seemed to take care of the smoking (but not the fan running)
    No other sympoms, warnings etc though... no loss of power either

Will get it checked in the morning. Hopefully it's just a sensor or clearing the error. Very odd though as the car spends 99% of the week up and down the motorway for an hour+ each way... unless it's because 120 km/h in 6th on a 3L TDI only generates about 2200 RPM?

Advertisement