Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baked anything tasty lately?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

It's run via their Facebook page I think. They post a recipe each week and you post a photo of your attempt, they pick a winner each week and send them out a hamper of baking supplies. Each of the winners go into a final to win a KitchenAid at the end.

They've changed it up slightly this year, so you can watch the video and enter here: http://fakertobaker.com/

To get the text recipe, you need to keep an eye on social media though still: https://www.facebook.com/Dr.OetkerBakingIreland/

Making and decorating marshmallows this week.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Haven't heard of Faker to Baker, just had a look at the marshmallows, and I'm just drooling here, yum! However, baking it ain't! :P

Yeah, most of the terms are the loosest possible definition :D

But here's what I did with my weekend regardless. It may be public vote from the off (I'll have to start campaigning!). Started playing the game somewhat, just in case DO has a say in picking winners...

454732.jpg

🤪

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Yeah, most of the terms are the loosest possible definition :D

But here's what I did with my weekend regardless. It may be public vote from the off (I'll have to start campaigning!). Started playing the game somewhat, just in case DO has a say in picking winners...

Looks fab!

Sure throw up a link when the voting starts - I'll vote for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭sdp

Looks fab!

Sure throw up a link when the voting starts - I'll vote for you :)
    plus 1 :)

• Advertisement

With a busy week in store I decided to get my entry in early for the third week: Doughnuts! Here is the link if people feel like dropping a vote: https://woobox.com/6u4okg/gallery/_CtN9v7ZTuI. If that doesn't work, you may need to go to Fakertobaker.com , click the Vote tab and find my entry. Looks like the below.

Very happy with how they turned out. Using Gluten Free flour though, so needed to throw more in as it was too sticky initially. Overall, not too difficult to do. Prefer the ring doughnut style to the ball, but mixed it up for decorative purposes :)

454802.jpg

🤪

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

The doughnuts look fab!

I'm not doing the competition, I never feel much like baking sweet things when it's so warm.
    But I did try out some mushroom-filled bread rolls:

RQzcNaU.jpg

And they were actually pretty good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Back to the Twix cheesecake making for me :) Made this last night, decorate tonight.
    Shortbread base, chewy caramel layer, chocolate cheesecake, chocolate cream, some chopped up twix bars, melted twix spread, more caramel and just a big load of delicious. :)

So very rich and so very time consuming for a no bake cheesecake but it looks and tastes so good. Great one for a big gang as you only need a teeny slice. Didn't quite set as much as I'd have liked but the smaller bowl of left over mix did set really well so I think it's just the volume of it is taking longer in the heat? possibly need to change setting on fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

My daughters 12th birthday cake, obsessed with all things Japanese...and loves going for sushi and bento boxes...so I created this sushi cake for her. The chopsticks had started to melt during transportation....fun cake to make and relatively easy for once.

That's her name in Japanese....according to google.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Amazing!

• Advertisement

Back to the Twix cheesecake making for me :) Made this last night, decorate tonight.
    Shortbread base, chewy caramel layer, chocolate cheesecake, chocolate cream, some chopped up twix bars, melted twix spread, more caramel and just a big load of delicious. :)

So very rich and so very time consuming for a no bake cheesecake but it looks and tastes so good. Great one for a big gang as you only need a teeny slice. Didn't quite set as much as I'd have liked but the smaller bowl of left over mix did set really well so I think it's just the volume of it is taking longer in the heat? possibly need to change setting on fridge.

Thank goodness I am Coeliac! Just looking at that cheesecake has put several pounds on me. If I wasn't gluten free I'd definitely have a go at that! I daren't even look at it again.

Cakes look incredible! /want!

🤪

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Thank goodness I am Coeliac! Just looking at that cheesecake has put several pounds on me. If I wasn't gluten free I'd definitely have a go at that! I daren't even look at it again.

I could make gluten free shortbread and use that for the base...replace the twix with schar chocolix and then... :D

I could make gluten free shortbread and use that for the base...replace the twix with schar chocolix and then... :D

Oooooooooh! Stop! Dribbling here! :D

If anyone has been using the Lily O'Briens choc drops for baking, there is 30% off today with code WORLD30
    https://twitter.com/lilyobriens/status/1015371100161761280

Whipped up a batch of peanut butter cookies in about 30 mins...so good warm with a glass of milk :)

My latest bake...and also competition entry if anyone would be so kind as to vote :D A white chocolate lemon cheesecake. https://woobox.com/c7tzsn/gallery/KpXIHoSR0ko (if link doesn't work, please go to fakertobaker.com)

455820.jpg

🤪

You have the best backdrop for cake photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

More birthday cake here, this was definitely one of my best to date! Base was a chocolate biscuit cake and top was a full rainbow cake. It tasted amazing and got lots of compliments. All gluten free as normal - will definitely be doing a rainbow cake again

Millionaires shortbread made last night

20180716_074400_600x800.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Lemon drizzle cake with candied lemon slices :)

Made a Queen of Hearts cake for my friend's daughter's Alice in Wonderland themed birthday. Watched a YouTube video to learn how to make fondant roses and it was surprisingly easy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Made a Queen of Hearts cake for my friend's daughter's Alice in Wonderland themed birthday. Watched a YouTube video to learn how to make fondant roses and it was surprisingly easy!

That's fabulous :)

Back again, this thread had been quiet lately! I made some really good cinnamon rolls, with added pecans and cream cheese icing. Got the recipe from Sophie Faldo's blog, she won the most recent season of bake off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Made some cookies, brownies and a lemon drizzle cake for a fun day last weekend :)

I made a batch of the Cooking Club sweet scones this morning.

IMG_4765.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Carrot cake!! With cream cheese buttercream. Nom.

6q8Jh53l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭sdp

smashing looking carrot cake!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

sdp wrote: »
    smashing looking carrot cake!

Thank you! It's actually a new recipe i was trialling for a show today, have NY baked cheesecake, banana bread & chutneys too :D
    Carrot cake recipe was meant to be for two 8'' tins but I only had 6'' in a double set so ended up with two cakes instead of one big one. So obviously I had to taste the second one!!

Dj5sF-9XgAEtSb1.jpg

Dj5sHcrX4AYEr38.jpg

• Advertisement

Simple Chocolate Victoria Sponge

457702.jpg

🤪

Advertisement