Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baked anything tasty lately?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

vicwatson wrote: »
    Recipe please;)

Only seeing this now, recipe attached

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Only seeing this now, recipe attached

I didn’t bother with tapioca flour, actually used coconut flour instead as I spotted it in SuperValu! But just rice flour works well too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

If you like raspberry/coconut slices, you may also like louise cake. Which is super quick and simple to make and oh so delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭CastielJ

today I tried a new recipe of banana cake with chocolate chips

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

If you like raspberry/coconut slices, you may also like louise cake. Which is super quick and simple to make and oh so delicious.

That's a new one on me, do you have a recipe for it by any chance? I'm always looking for something different to try :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Been watching Bake Off. Been watching, maybe, too much Bake Off.

Last night I dreamt that I was buying a house with the lanky fella from the year Nadiya won.

The night before I dreamt I was working on a new game show with Mel and Sue and I had to clean their panini press.

I should maybe watch something else...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh my...... first thought reading that post
    "Who needs a while press just for paninis"

But I'm guessing that's not what you meant :o

janmaree wrote: »
    That's a new one on me, do you have a recipe for it by any chance? I'm always looking for something different to try :)

I just grab one from online if I make it can't remember where I last plucked it. A Kiwi friend introduced me to the wonder of it. Shortbread base, raspberry jam on cocunutty/meringue topping. Heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

:) Gotcha! That's what I'll do too, thanks.

I just grab one from online if I make it can't remember where I last plucked it. A Kiwi friend introduced me to the wonder of it. Shortbread base, raspberry jam on cocunutty/meringue topping. Heaven.

There's a recipe for it in my Rachel Allen cookbook, must try it out! My bf loves coconut but not shortbread so will see what he thinks lol.

I made these triple chocolate cookies on a whim last night. It was very hard to actually get them into the oven because the dough tasted like chocolate ice cream :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭dee_mc

There's a recipe for it in my Rachel Allen cookbook, must try it out! My bf loves coconut but not shortbread so will see what he thinks lol.

I made these triple chocolate cookies on a whim last night. It was very hard to actually get them into the oven because the dough tasted like chocolate ice cream :P

Good god! Recipe please?

dee_mc wrote: »
    Good god! Recipe please?

I adapted Nigella's chocolate chip cookie recipe here:

https://www.nigella.com/recipes/chocolate-chip-cookies

I replaced 50g flour with 50g cocoa, and used a few less chocolate chips (100g milk and 100g white). I also used mostly white sugar because I only had about 75g brown sugar left in the press :P

I replaced 50g flour with 50g cocoa, and used a few less chocolate chips (100g milk and 100g white). I also used mostly white sugar because I only had about 75g brown sugar left in the press :P

I love you piratequeen

dee_mc wrote: »
    I love you piratequeen

Let me know how yours turn out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Had some oranges. Had some eggs. Made some orange buns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

White sourdough bread. Weekend treat :)

I made Piratequeen ft Nigella triple chocolate cookies. Oh My Thighs. Ate one and immediately developed a headache... worth it!
    Then I found some aged bananas so Donal Skehan's auntie's banana bread is currently in the oven. http://www.donalskehan.com/recipes/banana-bread/
    House smells amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

That banana bread is my default recipe! Can't stand that Skehan guy but he has a few decent recipes!

My cookie recipe I have is amazing. Better than M&S cookies :D But these look great, I'll have to give them a go.

My cookie recipe I have is amazing. Better than M&S cookies :D But these look great, I'll have to give them a go.

I felt these were on par with the double chocolate M&S ones, what's your recipe? :D

• Advertisement

I felt these were on par with the double chocolate M&S ones, what's your recipe? :D

https://www.carnation.co.uk/Recipes/126/Chocolate-Chip-Cookies-Recipe

Ooh I've never tried condensed milk in cookies before, very interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Plus one for condensed milk in cookies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

A cake which was pink inside and outside was requested so that’s what I made! Icing was strawberry mascarpone instead of buttercream

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

A cake which was pink inside and outside was requested so that’s what I made! Icing was strawberry mascarpone instead of buttercream
    That looks fantastic. I would love the recipe for this if you have it :)

Would that pipe well? I hate buttercream myself so hate serving it to others. Wonder would it go well on cupcakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Would that pipe well? I hate buttercream myself so hate serving it to others. Wonder would it go well on cupcakes.

Pipes well enough and is deadly on cupcakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

The icing was just 1 cup of blitzed strawberries with a tub of mascarpone and 1 cup icing sugar just barely beaten together then two cups double cream added and whipped until a nice thick consistency. I added a tiny smidge of gel colouring too as I needed it to be very pink... just be careful not to over mix or it will split which happened my first batch

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭HelpImAlive

Hi all,

Looking for some advise please. It's my partner's birthday later in the week, his favourite dessert to eat is millionaire's shortbread/ caramel slices.

I was thinking of adapting this into a form of a cake for him but looking for tips.

Was thinking a light double chocolate cake, caramel in the centre and then a chocolate icing with some crushed biscuits.

Any other suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Looking for some advise please. It's my partner's birthday later in the week, his favourite dessert to eat is millionaire's shortbread/ caramel slices.

I was thinking of adapting this into a form of a cake for him but looking for tips.

Was thinking a light double chocolate cake, caramel in the centre and then a chocolate icing with some crushed biscuits.

Any other suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

This girl has dozens of millionaires' shortbread inspired recipes on her blog so no surprise she's made a cake version, maybe you'll get some inspiration from this :)

https://www.janespatisserie.com/2017/07/24/millionaires-cake/

Advertisement