Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite stand up comedian ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

Billy Connolly or Niall Toibin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Reginald D Hunter.

Although I have to admit that may partly be down to the fact that his voice...has an effect on a woman :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

tinpib wrote: »
    Bill Burr is streets ahead of anything nowadays and I think he is one of the all-time greats.

He does a twice weekly podcast where 90/95% of the time it's just him rambling away rather than a guest on ruining things.

Ooooooooo Jeeeeeeeesus!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

I'd have to echo an earlier post, Louis CK is head and shoulders above the rest at the moment. His stand up comedy is fantastic, and his TV show "Louie" is a really good watch, bit surreal at times and sometimes not even comedy, but a very very well written show.

He also has a show called "Horace and Pete" with Steve Buscemi which has just finished. About two guys running an Irish bar in New York, haven't seen it yet but it's def on the to-do list!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I cannot stand John Bishop, Ed Byrne, Jason Byrne or Andrew Maxwell. All very poor indeed

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

tommy tiernan

up navan

up meath

up the royal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭tinpib

enzo roco wrote: »
    Ooooooooo Jeeeeeeeesus!!!!

"Of course last night the Bruins played the Philadelphia FLLYYY-AAAHHHSS"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Robin Williams was great his live from the Met from around 1986 is classic!
    Eddie Murphy Delirious from around the same time was brilliant!
    Actually watched Jimmy Carr on Netflix there recently and found him very funny especially the section where he gets the audience to heckle him!

Frankie Boyleon the other hand has turned imto an unfunny bitter and twisted comic who seems to hate the west!
    It's a shame Robin Willaims died and Frankie Boyle is still walking this earth!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Dom Irrera
    Frankie Boyle
    Dylan Moran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Rich Hall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Frank Skinner is hilarious; I'm always laughing out loud whenever he's on telly.
    Billy Connolly is a genius and I've been a huge fan of his for years.
    Also like Peter Kay and Jo Brand.

Can take or leave anyone else.
    Don't find Russell Howard or any of these new comedians a bit funny.
    Shappi Korsandi is the worst I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Robin Williams - controlled anarchy.
    Jasper Carrot - where did he go ?
    Billy Connolly has Parkinsons poor sod
    Dylan Moran - you would never leave a pub with him there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Jimmy carr

Aziz Ansari

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Jimmy carr

Aziz Ansari

Oh Jesus, no & no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

I haven't seen much of his stand up routine, hasn't done a special yet as far as I know. But Joey Diaz is the funniest man alive imo, he has an endless amount of crazy stories. This one where he was selling Coke to Witney Houston just being one of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jharr100

Jerry Seinfeld

Noel V Ginnity

Cannot stand Tommy Tiernan. I live in Navan so I don't find his observations in the slightest bit funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Forgot to add Bill Hicks, Tommy Tiernan and Bill Burr to my list, all really good but Burr, in particular, is brilliant!

Used to like Jimmy Carr. Then saw him live and was disappointed....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

George Carlin
    Chris Rock
    Frankie Boyle
    Dave Chappelle
    Billy Connelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Four pages and no one has mentioned Eddie Izzard (as far as I can see)!? For shame AH, for shame! The man is so clever and his bits are more like one-man sketches which I love and can watch over and over.

Stewart Lee.

His demolition of Russell Howard cycling for charity..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Doug Stanhope. If Frankie Boyle was a comedian he'd be Stanhope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

tinpib wrote:
    He does a twice weekly podcast where 90/95% of the time it's just him rambling away rather than a guest on ruining things.

tinpib wrote:
    Bill Burr is streets ahead of anything nowadays and I think he is one of the all-time greats.

Cleo!!!!!!!

His wife is pretty funny too.

As for my suggestion, Eliza Schlesingers show Freezing Hot was very good on Netflix, especially the Pinterest bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Dylan Moran.
    The first I Saw of him was a few clips of him online a few years ago and I thought he was ok but when I saw him live a few months ago he jumped up to no.1. My face actually hurt from laughing and I had tears of laughter which never happens me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

I actually find Russell Brand hilarious too. Not his comedy act just him and his ridiculous views I find laughable.

Billy Connolly was pretty good in his time though I have to say Ronnie Corbett who I saw live when I was a kid was brilliant. The only one mentioned who could be watched by the very young and adults together and both would be laughing.

The reason I don't really go to live comedy shows anymore is that everyone seems to think they should laugh and do it just because others are as opposed to laughing at what they find funny. It almost becomes like canned laughter and so couldn't be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

John Bishop and Dylan Moran. What I like about those guys is how laid back they are. Comedians like Tommy Tiernan are too shouty, although some of Tommy's stuff is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

I'm trying to like him but every 'eeeeeehhhh' bit after Dara O'Briain line irks me too much

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

John Bishop and Dylan Moran. What I like about those guys is how laid back they are. Comedians like Tommy Tiernan are too shouty, although some of Tommy's stuff is very good.

I agree with that there. Tommy Tiernan. Funny but way too shouty! And he takes an awful long time to deliver a joke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Been enjoying the angry Bill Burr so much. Pitty his new animation isn't great but his standup is a lot of fun.

Advertisement