Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Euro 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

So looks like we're doing a pay league! I'll put something together tomorrow and PM those who are interested anyone else interested send me a message.

Wow so we have 21 in the main league now thats jumped up massively in the lasts few days or so!

11101QGL thats the code for the regular league to save anyone joining now the hassle of having to scroll through to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone know if there's an app for the Euro Fantasy comp?

No biggie either way I guess but found the FPL app much handier than the website

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

jimmii wrote: »
    Wow so we have 21 in the main league now thats jumped up massively in the lasts few days or so!

11101QGL thats the code for the regular league to save anyone joining now the hassle of having to scroll through to find it.

Make that 22. ;)

Pay league is set up and the PMs have been sent. If anyone else wants to join then let me know.

• Advertisement

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's an app for the Euro Fantasy comp?

No biggie either way I guess but found the FPL app much handier than the website

Doesn't look like it. Would be a handy addition though. Even if they just bolted it on to the official app.

Picked a proper first draft team there....amazingly I'm familiar with all my players except for one obscure Czech defender.

Reus (C) ftw

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Picked a proper first draft team there....amazingly I'm familiar with all my players except for one obscure Czech defender.

Reus (C) ftw

I would actually only know 10 of the players in my side! It seems no one else knows them either I have 4 players with 0% ownership and another 3 on 1%! Surprised Ronaldo is only on 29%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Cartman78 wrote:

Reus (C) ftw

You can change captain after each day so you might as well captain a French player for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'll be going with Griezmann captain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Said I would take summer off from fantasy activities but will probably end up making a team. Anyone come across any decent articles on who is expected to play for each team or a review of the qualifying campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Currently have 3 albanians in mine.

Playing bench fodder is a lot more expensive than in fpl

Said I would take summer off from fantasy activities but will probably end up making a team. Anyone come across any decent articles on who is expected to play for each team or a review of the qualifying campaign?

FFS are doing their normal team by team articles and all the news papers have done them google team by team euro 2016 guide and there's loads. Guardian, Telegraph.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

spock. wrote: »
    You can change captain after each day so you might as well captain a French player for now.

No you can't. Matchday one brings in all the teams first matches

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

stephenl15 wrote: »
    No you can't. Matchday one brings in all the teams first matches

You can. This game is more like the Ultimate FPL than the normal FPL. This is the rule although I can see why you were confused by the wording - each day is a new matchday.

Manager substitutions
    After all matches on a single day have finished and before the next matches start, you can:
    Change your captain (if he was not sent off) with a player from your squad whose team is yet to play

I'll be going with Griezmann captain.

Just to warn you Griezmann will probably be playing on the wing most of the time with Giroud playing central.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Dearg81 wrote: »
    You can. This game is more like the Ultimate FPL than the normal FPL. This is the rule although I can see why you were confused by the wording - each day is a new matchday.

Manager substitutions
    After all matches on a single day have finished and before the next matches start, you can:
    Change your captain (if he was not sent off) with a player from your squad whose team is yet to play

well that's embarrassing:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

What's the point in having a captain then, if you can change it if he fails?

CSF wrote: »
    What's the point in having a captain then, if you can change it if he fails?

Means you can have a bit of a punt on someone a bit more interesting for MD1. In UFPL if you had Kane/Aguero etc playing later on in the week you could get a lot more creative with an early pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm looking forward to this after my worst FPL season ever. Long being cheaper than Keane surprises me.

• Advertisement

I'm looking forward to this after my worst FPL season ever. Long being cheaper than Keane surprises me.

At first I read that as Kane and was like ah come on now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Just to warn you Griezmann will probably be playing on the wing most of the time with Giroud playing central.
    All the time.

France team will be.
    Lloris
    Sagna Ramy Koscielny Evra
    Kanté Pogba Matuidi
    Payet Giroud Griezmann

But. Payet and Pogba could be given more freedom, playing in between the lines and turning into number 10 at times which would increase Griezmann striker appeal. Griezmann could also use Giroud as a pivot to create goal chances.
    He's anyway our star player and should be involved in most of the goals we'll score.

Full squad lists from the BBC

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36417368

iroced wrote: »
    All the time.

France team will be.
    Lloris
    Kanté Pogba Matuidi
    Payet Giroud Griezmann

But. Payet and Pogba could be given more freedom, playing in between the lines and turning into number 10 at times which would increase Griezmann striker appeal. Griezmann could also use Giroud as a pivot to create goal chances.
    He's anyway our star player and should be involved in most of the goals we'll score.

It's a very strong team apart from maybe Ramy, you might miss Varane. I'm going with Giroud instead of Griezmann in my team and Payet or Pogba in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

iroced wrote: »
    All the time.

France team will be.
    Lloris
    Kant Pogba Matuidi
    Payet Giroud Griezmann

Hasn't Martial been starting ahead of Payet?
    I read somewhere that Payet only started 2 of the last 8 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

dsmythy wrote: »

Well that certainly trumped my lame ass BBC link :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

It's a very strong team apart from maybe Ramy, you might miss Varane. I'm going with Giroud instead of Griezmann in my team and Payet or Pogba in midfield.
    Well, Ramy had a very good season with Sevilla FC while Varane was mostly warming Real bench. He'll need a little bit of time to readjust to the team.

Only thing is Varane was our number 1 def and Varane Koscielny was our preferred partnership. So now we're going into the Euro with a CB partnership that'll have played 2 games together...

But, for me, our weekest points are the full backs. Evra is not a good def and Sagna is pretty much useless. Digne & Jallet (on the bench) lack experience though to push the former to the bench though I'd personally have Jallet ahead of Sagna. At least I'd have tried him more...

And yes we have our strongest squad in ages (since 2006 I'd say). Hopefully it's good enough to win "our" Euro! My collapsing country needs it...
    lougal88 wrote: »
    Hasn't Martial been starting ahead of Payet?
    I read somewhere that Payet only started 2 of the last 8 games?
    He was. But had a little pain lately. And Payet's been impressive both as a playmaker and a freekick shooter. So can't see him being dropped now. I presume we'll have Martial & Coman off the bench in the last 15/30min.

Payet also offers the possibility to switch our 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1 that would suit the team better when we have the possession of the ball.

The uefa site has predicted lineups now: http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/news/newsid=2367418.html

They agree with your lineup for France iroced apart from Sissoko starting ahead of Kante which is weird. I laughed when I read their Ireland comment though - "There are still some big calls for Martin O'Neill, who has to decide whether to play Robbie Brady in defence or midfield, and whether Daryl Murphy or Shane Long should start up front". Yea, I'd say O'Neill is losing a lot of sleep over the Long/Murphy conundrum! ;-)

• Advertisement

I'm far too dumb to understand the rules and I'm not reading them again. No way I could convince the usual gang to interact thy much.

Anybody know of a free 'point and shoot' online FF game that will allow leagues to be created ?

Edit - I found the telegraph one but restricted to UK residents. My usual gang live in different countries so it'll have to be international entry friendly.

Advertisement