Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Euro 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Crumbs wrote:
    That'd be me. Forgot to make subs. Pogba, Payet, Matuidi and Lloris stuck on my bench now. Oops!

Ouch! That's gotta hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I very nearly stuck the captaincy on Sagna, but thankfully I went with Payet instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Ouch! That's gotta hurt.

Yep. A net loss of 18 points but only myself to blame.

Tonight couldn't have gone much better for me. I brought in Rui Patricio in goal as well as two Portuguese defenders. I also brought in Nani for Bale and made Ronaldo my captain. I'm hoping for big gains tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Be interesting to see. You would think anyone still playing racked up a decent score tonight good few on FFS with 4 Portugal defenders and Ronaldo (c) hopefully that isn't too widespread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Forgot to click confirm on my Ronaldo captain! Doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

No third place playoff it seems.
    I've a very small lead in the pay league, my triple Portugal defence making the difference,

Nope not for this. Shame would have been good to have the extra match. If they were going to copy an old world cup format may as well have kept the play off! Give Wales a short at 3rd place lads come on!

No third place playoff it seems.
    I've a very small lead in the pay league, my triple Portugal defence making the difference,

Portuguese defence was a good call. I'm hoping ze German defenders do the business for me tonight to erase your lead - I have Neuer, Hoewdes and Hector. We have a lot of the same players, I think Ozil vs Goetze is the only other difference.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Portuguese defence was a good call. I'm hoping ze German defenders do the business for me tonight to erase your lead - I have Neuer, Hoewdes and Hector. We have a lot of the same players, I think Ozil vs Goetze is the only other difference.

Thinking of captaining hector? Bad idea?

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »

A clean sheet is hard to see, I've gone without German defenders as I didn't have any beforehand anyway.
    Assuming you have Griezman he's the one I see potentially matching Ronaldo, who is on penalties for France?

A clean sheet is hard to see, I've gone without German defenders as I didn't have any beforehand anyway.
    Assuming you have Griezman he's the one I see potentially matching Ronaldo, who is on penalties for France?

Unlikely but if anyone can stop France it would be Germany. Yea I think it's Griezmann, he takes them for Atletico anyway and he's on fire so I dont see any reason why he wouldn't be their first choice.
    Not a bad idea depends on whether you're chasing or not. Griezmann will be the popular choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Left Sagna on the bench. My hatred for this game just increases by the day.

Wha an awful awful week

• Registered Users Posts: 14,494 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Did Pogba get an assist for Griezmann's second?

callaway92 wrote: »
    Did Pogba get an assist for Griezmann's second?

No, he didn't get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,494 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

No, he didn't get one.

Perfect

13 point lead in the pay league going into the final game, I may choose the entire French back 5 as I see this finishing 3 or 4 nil, no chance of Portugal keeping a clean sheet.
    Good luck to my chasers.

13 point lead in the pay league going into the final game, I may choose the entire French back 5 as I see this finishing 3 or 4 nil, no chance of Portugal keeping a clean sheet.
    Good luck to my chasers.

Dam was hoping doing that could get me back in it! To win I'll have to really the roll the dice maybe I'll go 4 portugese at the back.

13 point lead in the pay league going into the final game, I may choose the entire French back 5 as I see this finishing 3 or 4 nil, no chance of Portugal keeping a clean sheet. Good luck to my chasers.

I'll be doing the same as I'm first in another league and I don't really see any way of catching so well done, you've won it unless there's a Portuguese upset.

• Advertisement

Ronaldo (c) so that's me out of the running unless the Portuguese defence score a fee goals!

Yeah I stuck the captaincy on Ronaldo too. That's me gone.

Yeah I stuck the captaincy on Ronaldo too. That's me gone.

Thought he was done for when he was on the ground crying. Shows just how brave he is to come back after that moth landed on him. What a trooper.

Spoke too soon lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

FINALLY!!!!!

#JusticeForCedric

Best right back in Europe tonight by my reckoning :)

From regretting to sub Neuer in during gw2 has cost me this by the looks of it sickened!

jimmii wrote: »
    From regretting to sub Neuer in during gw2 has cost me this by the looks of it sickened!

Hard luck man, 2 points behind the victor is tough to take. Congrats to Swiper, enjoy the winnings!

With regard to myself, I'm slightly amazed I grabbed fourth after the Dragovic red card captain matchday 1, not realising I could have played Kozacik when he got 8 points against England and ended up with Patricio's 1 point along with the site's stupid rule not allowing captain KDB's assist for Hazard's solo run.

Looking forward to FPL starting now and another 10 months of agonising over team selection, transfers and captain decisions. Bring it on!

Looks like I finished third in the Boards League (Koke or Pepe). I'm happy enough with that performance as I had my worst ever showing in the FPL one last season. It's boosted my appetite for next season now.

Congrats to the champ and fair play to the runner-up as well.

Hard luck man, 2 points behind the victor is tough to take. Congrats to Swiper, enjoy the winnings!

With regard to myself, I'm slightly amazed I grabbed fourth after the Dragovic red card captain matchday 1, not realising I could have played Kozacik when he got 8 points against England and ended up with Patricio's 1 point along with the site's stupid rule not allowing captain KDB's assist for Hazard's solo run.

Looking forward to FPL starting now and another 10 months of agonising over team selection, transfers and captain decisions. Bring it on!

Even if Ronaldo had reached 60 minutes it would have been enough lol!

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    Even if Ronaldo had reached 60 minutes it would have been enough lol!

Terribly unlucky on a number of fronts, I really would have gone all France at the back only I could only have 8 French, I wasn't bothered to check our exact totals before this morning, even when the Portuguese keeper was booked in the last second for time wasting I was wondering if it would make the difference,
    Well done and bad luck again.

Advertisement