Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panti Bliss: the new Ronnie O'Brien?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

But I think some people suspect his influence has been completely over stated and that it was purely a media decided to attribute him with this influence and that he doesn't deserve anywhere near the credit he has received.

There has to be a figure head type these days, add in twitter and away you go.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Panti Bliss has been made look like Martin Luther King by the Media.

Was he blacked up? That's disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Arrogant sap who loves himself, basically a gay Alan Kelly

dav3 wrote: »
    It's always amusing to see people get so worked up over drag queens and referring to them as 'he'. You do understand that they are just characters and certain traits may be over exaggerated for entertainment purposes?

It's a bit like going to a Christmas panto and being outraged by the carry on of the panto dame *clutches rosary beads*.

In this country at least, we have an almost endless news cycle of old men in suits acting like children, all in the name of politics. So when something different pops up on our news channels, I see it as a welcome relief, not something to get worked up over or have a rant about.

Who's getting worked up or ranting on this thread? :confused: or do you mean in society in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Obviously I've zero problem with anybody's lifestyle and so on but there must be thousands of liberal enough types like myself that are faintly mystified as to why such a person garners so much attention and lionization but just usually says nothing as to do so would probably invoke judgement from one's more right-on acquaintances for whom the likes of PB appear to a ostentatious badge of valour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

spurious wrote: »
    Wow, so many haters.

People who disagree with a particular point of view aren't necessarily "haters". There's room for all viewpoints. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Where is Bono on the list? :D

Advertisement