Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

300 jobs lost in Dublin but nothing in the media about it???

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

Workers redundancy was two weeks per year and an xbox live subscription

What? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I was sorry to have to point out that we have that here in Ireland, with impartiality mandated by law, and it doesn't make a blind bit of difference. From downplaying the size of protest marches to downplaying bad news which the establishment wants hushed up, our media has become a joke.

Sorry that's utter nonsense. I hear this accusation the whole time which normally relies on cherry picking a few examples to 'prove' the point whilst ignoring all other evidence to the contrary.

I've had somewhere say to me 'Did you see that yesterday.... obviously they were told to write that/everyone knows who's pulling the strings/towing the government line/etc'. About things I wrote.

Sometimes journalists are biased. Different outlets have their own style, too. The Independent has a unbridled and unashamed hatred for Sinn Fein, for example. But none are taking orders from the government, the subterranean lizard people, trying to hush hush protests, or anything of the ilk.

Those living in fantasy land who seem to think we live in North Korea need to get a grip on themselves.

Don't know in this particular instance but many companies employ workers on rolling contracts and it's seasonally based, workers are often let go at short notice. They aren't reported on as much. They could be employed again in the same job in a month or two.

Advertisement