Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulled Pork one........

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

She (and the ad itself) comes across as trying too hard to be cool. She clearly thinks shes all that, and so i wonder why she's lowering herself to work in McDonalds. potentially a future serial killer.
    Not as bad as the Virgin broadband add though .... "Meeting, Cork, gotta go !"

No, no. you just have to read between the lines. His sister is clearly having an affair. Honestly, who goes to a business meeting in Cork late Friday night & won't be back 'til Sunday?
    He's also totally unhinged himself. The kids don't like his passion for Hurling and so he starts to hallucinate Richard Branson as a coping mechanism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

She (and the ad itself)i wonder why she's lowering herself to work in McDonalds.
    I'd rather work in McDonald's than take a state handout, away & crawl back up your arse with you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Such a cringey ad. Not sure what the aim is - I've seen tattoo'd people with funky hair colors and makeup working in plenty of places, but McDonalds is definitely not one of them.
    This post gave me nostalgia of the Georgia "Fas girl" Salpa thread.

Good times.

Nothing will ever beat the 'Jigsaw Girl' thread, back when boards was a lot more craic then it is now.

It was deleted but some back story here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    I'd rather work in McDonald's than take a state handout, away & crawl back up your arse with you...

Christ, before you jump down my throat i'm saying she gives the impression that she thinks she's too good for it. Now down off that high horse before you hurt yourself :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Pulled Pork
    Pulled Chicken
    Pulled Steak.....

god be with the days when the only pulled foodstuffs were Plums

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

katemarch wrote: »
    The girl is hot and the bloke gets pulled. What's the problem here?

Love stories begin at McD's, always nice to hear of a happy ending.............:rolleyes:

You just know that there was no way in f*ck McDonald's would hire anyone with a neck tattoo like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

yeah, when I worked there it was policy that any visible tattoos had to be covered up either by clothing or make up

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    yeah, when I worked there it was policy that any visible tattoos had to be covered up either by clothing or make up

Is that why all yours are in strange places, I wondered about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

What the fork is Batavia lettuce?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Ronald Wilson Reagan

It seems like every time she makes one, she has a "petit mort".
    everlast75 wrote: »
    Am I the only one concerned she doesn't wear gloves when making it?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭D3V!L

yeppydeppy wrote: »

And its still the policy, the ad is a clear case of false advertising. I'd be a fat f**ker if the local Micky D's girls looked like that !! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Pulled Bjork, back in the 80s...

I can't tell if you pulled Bjork in the 80s or whether it's a play on the term pulled pork.

she's a nice bird! I'd say most of ye saying she isn't would be doing well to pull her!:D

degsie wrote: »
    What the fork is Batavia lettuce?
    https://www.lovemysalad.com/salapedia/batavia-lettuce

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I know it's already been said but she is very fine. Such a stupid ad tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Funnily enough I went in to McDonalds on Henry Street yesterday before heading on a long car trip and the girl that served me had a tattoo that was covered up by a bandage. You could see nothing was wrong with her, the edge of the tattoo was sticking out from under it. It made me think of the ad and how it seems there is contradictions between real life Maccy D's and the ad version.

Which is it McDonalds?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Funnily enough I went in to McDonalds on Henry Street yesterday before heading on a long car trip and the girl that served me had a tattoo that was covered up by a bandage. You could see nothing was wrong with her, the edge of the tattoo was sticking out from under it. It made me think of the ad and how it seems there is contradictions between real life Maccy D's and the ad version.

Which is it McDonalds?

Not as big as the difference between the food in the advert and the food you actually are served...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

They need to get rid of that clown as their mascot

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

They need to get rid of that clown as their mascot

Her, or Ronald?

Haha the actual clown. I've never been inside a McDonald's from pure fear of clowns. I had a milkshake from the drive thru tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

She finishes making the wrap and then pushes it away.. it's ready for someone else to bring it up.

But then SHE walks up with the wrap.

Which is it McDonald's, WHICH IS IT?

She's making the pork one and some dude is making the chicken one. It's actually the dude that pushes the chicken wrap away, ostensibly to her. You can see him pushing it at the 29 second mark.

I've never been inside a McDonald's from pure fear of clowns.
    DO NOT WATCH THIS LEXIE :eek: :D

Reporting you!!! :mad:

Shudder. Blergh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Morpork wrote: »
    She's making the pork one and some dude is making the chicken one. It's actually the dude that pushes the chicken wrap away, ostensibly to her. You can see him pushing it at the 29 second mark.

Good man!

Not creepy at all this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 38,171 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Pulled Pork
    Pulled Chicken
    Pulled Steak.....

god be with the days when the only pulled foodstuffs were Plums

what is pulled food ??? does someone cook a chicken and pull the contents out ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

PTH2009 wrote: »
    what is pulled food ???

It dies with a smile on it's face.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

PTH2009 wrote: »
    what is pulled food ??? does someone cook a chicken and pull the contents out ??

Yep, exactly that. They roast a pig (probably on a spit) and the little street rat girl pulls lumps off it and puts them in a wrap for customers.

Why's she been called a street rat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

She finishes making the wrap and then pushes it away.. it's ready for someone else to bring it up.

But then SHE walks up with the wrap.

Which is it McDonald's, WHICH IS IT?

Wow there are so many holes in this ad, I need to concentrate more!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

It's just an advert. No need to read into it. The girl who makes the wraps is supposed to be cool, therefore the wraps are cool.

Does anyone else notice how she squeezes the sauce onto glass, and not the wrap?

Advertisement