Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you need to charge your phone?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

My new phone seems to run for 2-3 days between charges. To be fain I'm a very light user but wifi, location and notifications are on all the time.

Obviously it's a new battery so it hasn't been worn down by multiple charge cycles yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Iphone 5s - usually charge every night but can go two days (if I hardly use it)

Used to have Nokia, great phone with long battery time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Last time I charged it was on Saturday evening I believe. It was down to about 33% battery today so I threw it on. I'd never normally charge it at 33%, I always let it drop to 0% and let the phone power itself off then charge fully.
    Only making sure I have full battery today because I've loads of errands to do later and need to be available by phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

iPhone 6s Plus I charge it every night but it could easily go for two days with heavyish use. It's usually around 60% at the end of the day.

With light usage you could get four or five days out of it I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Galaxy S4, she's on the final lap. Needs to be charged every few hours.

• Advertisement

I have a portable charger and I'd highly recommend it. Don't go for a cheap one, I spent about 50 on mine and it's great.

Portable chargers are great, but you don't need to spend anywhere near 50 euro on one. I paid 15 euro for one on aliexpress (10400mAh). Was brilliant and would give 3 - 4 charges to an iPhone6. I lost it/it got stolen on a night out though.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

I've a OnePlus One. Charge it every second day but have it connected to my computer in work for a few hours most days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I've an iPhone 6 (About 14 months old) and I charge it every night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Bought a Cubot H1 last year specifically for the massive battery. Last three-four days minimum.

Keep forgetting to charge it though, since it so rarely needs it! Charges up to around 35% in the ten minutes between I get up and I leave the house, which lasts the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Would love to be able to charge my iphone 6 twice a day but the charging port is knackered by the looks of it so charging consists of plugging it in and gently nudging it until I get a connection.

Had same problem with my previous phone an iphone 5 - really something Apple need to sort out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

my S5, once a day, my nokia 105, once a month

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

IPhone 6s, once every 2 days. Sometimes less if friends or family are having some sort of WhatsApp drama.

Would add my vote of support for portable chargers too- I have a RavPower that I bring when I'm travelling and it's a life saver.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

My Flex 2 can last between 2 or 3 days, depending on the usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I'm charging it now right and from my farewell 2% message, to now, it's 17% on charge. Wtf??

I only paid for the screen to be fixed (it wouldn't turn on at all)
    Do you think dropping it could break the battery? Or could the battery have been switched

This might already have been answered, but I know someone who had their screen fixed by some shower who also kindly 'replaced' the iphone's battery with a cheaper battery - same result. Is the crowd you got it fixed by a reputable crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Iphone 6 plus, charge it every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Coat22 wrote: »
    Would love to be able to charge my iphone 6 twice a day but the charging port is knackered by the looks of it so charging consists of plugging it in and gently nudging it until I get a connection.

Had same problem with my previous phone an iphone 5 - really something Apple need to sort out

Get a toothpick or the sim tray remover and clean out the lightning port. It's probably just full of lint and fluff from your pocket. Happened to my last iPhone, I thought it was broken because I'd have to keep nudging the cable to get it to charge, but I scraped a bunch of fluff out of it and it sorted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

TCL M2U lasts a couple of days but I am a light user.

Charged last night, on 95% at the moment.

Get a toothpick or the sim tray remover and clean out the lightning port. It's probably just full of lint and fluff from your pocket. Happened to my last iPhone, I thought it was broken because I'd have to keep nudging the cable to get it to charge, but I scraped a bunch of fluff out of it and it sorted it.

Tried that with my last one but it did nothing and they ended up replacing it. Haven't done same with this one yet but might once it reaches 100% and I can safely plug it out for the day.

OnePlus One - GPS always on, moderate use. Charge once a day.

That phone holds battery damned well. Usually have some by the late evening.

Back in the day - well 1996 - I had a Nokia 2110i (The "i" was revolutionary of Nokia back then but they failed to realise it)

It had an optional long life battery that made the phone weigh about a kilo and lasted a good 6 hours if you kept it in its "desktop charging port" all day.

How I miss that 2110(i)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭12Phase

This ad shows just far we've come

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

iv a lovely samsung 6 never realised when i got it its like a focking landline, i seem to charge it all the time hape of ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Redmi Note 3 pro, lasts about 2.5 days on a charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I have the very snazzy Nokia 220, which lasts for about a week. On Sunday, I got a low battery warning. It had been 9 days since I had last charged it. Arrest me for neglect!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

My phone is HTC. Charge it at night, usually get the full day out of it.
    I like my phone!

Advertisement