Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you need to charge your phone?

Options
  • 11-04-2016 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭

I have an iPhone. I charge it usually twice a day. Once at night, once at work during the day.
    Today I dropped it and smashed my screen. Had to get it replaced (gutted, 100 crisp ones :( ) and now in 18 mins it's gone from 84% to 39%

Devastated. Might as well have a landline at this rate

Now it's 36 :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Ya iphones arent great phones and they're overpriced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Once every 4 weeks, and I use it all day every day.

I have a Nokia 5110.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I charge my Lumia to 100% and it lasts for two days and I us it all the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 Chunky_Monkey

Once every 4 weeks, and I use it all day every day.

I have a Nokia 5210.

lol pmsl lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 Chunky_Monkey

i've an iphone 6 64gb and depends how often , always at night and during the day

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I charge my Galaxy S6 every night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Do we need to make you a questions thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Stap :( I'm sad

I've a HTC One M8 and it lasts the day with pretty heavy use, as you can imagine modding you lot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I've a HTC One M8 and it lasts the day with pretty heavy use, as you can imagine modding you lot :P

I'm not your m8

:pac:

IPhone 5c. Rubbish, but most phones are these days, get the full day out of it all the same. Can't say the same for its tiny 8gb memory. Can't even take a photo without it warning me the storage is low, got nothing on it, maybe 100 photos, no music and a handful of apps.

It's terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I charge mine every night. iPhone 6s. Whenever I go to music festivals I take my Nokia. It lasts about 4-5 days! AND even has the Internet on it.

2% now. Nice knowing ye :(

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I charge mine every night. iPhone 6s. Whenever I go to music festivals I take my Nokia. It lasts about 4-5 days! AND even has the Internet on it.

WAP? :D

Jaysus you'd miss the auld 5110, 3210, etc.

Miss you already babe;)

You paid €100 to fix a phone that last 47 seconds? I expect it'll be tomorrow before you reply!!

I'm charging it now right and from my farewell 2% message, to now, it's 17% on charge. Wtf??

I only paid for the screen to be fixed (it wouldn't turn on at all)
    Do you think dropping it could break the battery? Or could the battery have been switched

My battery was fine before I smashed the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

iPhone 6. Usually a day, but then I knew this when buying, so no complaining.

Turn off all the unnecessary crap, like apps in the background, bluetooth and wifi if you don't need it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

This is going to turn into a "I have an iPhone" thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I charge it twice a day and the phone has a dodgy socket.

I have a reconditioned iphone5.

IPhone 6 and charge it every night. It's usually got a decent amount of charge left but would be pushing it to get two full days and don't want to be stuck.

Onece a phone can comfortably get a full day that's as good as you really need imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I have a lumia 950xl that I use pretty much all day without issue (power wise anyway). I was out shooting photos all day, checking websites and still had 45% charge this evening.

One of the really great things about it is the wireless charging so at work I just pop it on the charging plate and it's always ready to go with zero faff. Weekends I put it on charge going to bed at night and it lasts all day.

It has usb type c fast charging (rather than quick charge which for some reason can end up being slower) so even if you're running low it doesn't take long at all to get a decent charge back in to it. This bit does require certain hardware.

If you think you're going to be away for a long time put it on battery saver and it really does give a great stretch to the battery.

Finally, it has a replaceable battery so if it's really a concern for you you could just carry a spare battery or a fast charge compatible power bank (better option in my opinion, easier to charge).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I have an ancient (by today's standards) Samsung phone and charge it once a week. Maybe twice a week if I listen to the radio on it at work.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Moto G. I charge it every night and it lasts me for the day with intensive use.

Sometimes, if I know that I won't be home until late evening/early night, then I'd charge it during the day but it's out of paranoia rather than a dead battery.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Once every three days, and the odd time once every four.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

iPhone 6. Every night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Every second day, some of the time, every day the rest of the time. Year old HTC yoke, best phone I ever had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Haven't a clue, charge it any time I'm nearby a charger and I carry a small battery pack thing on me too.

No, I'm not addicted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Iphone 5c. Charge every night and that's fine by me. Tis one of the best phones I have ever owned. Cracked the screen back in January and it's still working away without a bother. Can't understand the hate but then again, I don't give a toss.

Advertisement