Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any thoughts on Ryanair

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

Orobhsa wrote: »
    +16% today

Currently €15.50

Wow! What happened in the last hour to cause that?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭gamblor101

kingstevii wrote: »

Pfizer. Vaccine is 90% effective

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

kingstevii wrote: »

There’s a lot of pent up demand to get away. Once travel is safe and allowed every plane in the land is gonna be full

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

gamblor101 wrote: »

You and yours first before me and mine. I have seen vaccines go wrong and I have no appetite for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭RaggyDays

Time to book the ski holiday??

• Advertisement

gamblor101 wrote: »

Yep, that seems to be it alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Jayzus... it closed at €15.45 today.
    It’s literally flying at the mo ����

• Registered Users Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

16.95!!!

Geuze wrote: »
    16.95!!!

Last trade of day 17.06! Been a good week!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭garbanzo

It doesn’t make any real sense to me to have risen to that price but I’m delighted that I bought in at €4.20 about 18 years ago. Of course.....I shudda bought more at the time !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

The reason for the share price increase this week is probably multi-fold, the vaccine but more so the order of an additional 75 MAX-8200s

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Well I have sellers remorse now :rolleyes:

I sold my 1000 or so shares for in and around €11 when there was so much uncertainty. Was debating with myself whether to hold on or not but when I was able to get out and break even I went for it.

Ah well. I may get back into shares at some stage but have other expenses at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭cute geoge

How long more before the share price descents and will it be a soft landing .up to 1 billon in loses for 2020 and '21 will surely be as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

cute geoge wrote: »
    How long more before the share price descents and will it be a soft landing .up to 1 billon in loses for 2020 and '21 will surely be as bad.

Hard to know, im looking to add more shares.
    The rubbish talk he came out with on the radio this morning...o leary clearly putting money before peoples health.let himself down badly,and id be one of his biggest supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Any thoughts on Ryanair at the moment ,, €16.80 ?

Looks like air travel in Europe could resume soon with the vaccine progress , l presume it will jump up a bit in price if theres an announcement .

I have a degiro account but never bought any shares before ,, can l lodge and buy shares any time of the day or just during business hours ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,074 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Juwwi wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Ryanair at the moment ,, €16.80 ?

Looks like air travel in Europe could resume soon with the vaccine progress , l presume it will jump up a bit in price if theres an announcement .

I have a degiro account but never bought any shares before ,, can l lodge and buy shares any time of the day or just during business hours ?

Thanks
    My thoughts on them are not at that price, if you look back the last 3 years the highest the price has been is €17.06, that was actually in December 2020 during the pandemic when passenger numbers collapsed. Working in Ryanairs favour are the collapse of other airlines and tour operators which gives them a better slice of the pie and additionally they have a very modern fuel efficient fleet. While there could be a mini boom when restrictions are lifted it will take time to return to high levels of profit. IAG (International Consolidated Airlines Group) is worth a look. The cruise ship companies have a better margin to hit back to pre Covid values if your main interest is Covid bounce.

I think with Degiro if lodgement is made before 10am on a workday it can be in your account to trade the next day. You can buy shares during trading hours either by offering the asking price or by setting a limit to complete the trade at which then completes if that price is hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

My thoughts on them are not at that price, if you look back the last 3 years the highest the price has been is €17.06, that was actually in December 2020 during the pandemic when passenger numbers collapsed. Working in Ryanairs favour are the collapse of other airlines and tour operators which gives them a better slice of the pie and additionally they have a very modern fuel efficient fleet. While there could be a mini boom when restrictions are lifted it will take time to return to high levels of profit. IAG (International Consolidated Airlines Group) is worth a look. The cruise ship companies have a better margin to hit back to pre Covid values if your main interest is Covid bounce.

I think with Degiro if lodgement is made before 10am on a workday it can be in your account to trade the next day. You can buy shares during trading hours either by offering the asking price or by setting a limit to complete the trade at which then completes if that price is hit.

Thanks for the reply very helpful .

I should of said lm not looking to make a quick buck ,, more of a 10 year investment .

I'll lodge into DeGiro and mull it over .

I was actually thinking about the cruise ships , once covid is forgotten about the cruise ships will be back in full flow again .

Thanks

Juwwi wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply very helpful .

I should of said lm not looking to make a quick buck ,, more of a 10 year investment .

I'll lodge into DeGiro and mull it over .

I was actually thinking about the cruise ships , once covid is forgotten about the cruise ships will be back in full flow again .

Thanks

Long term I think...airlines probably not a good investment...unless progress towards electrified airplanes and battery systems increases drastically.
    We're 20 or 30 years off that..climate change issue is gonna be a huge headache once pandemic (hopefully)is over

• Registered Users Posts: 81,074 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

richie123 wrote: »
    Long term I think...airlines probably not a good investment...unless progress towards electrified airplanes and battery systems increases drastically.
    We're 20 or 30 years off that..climate change issue is gonna be a huge headache once pandemic (hopefully)is over

Global CO2 emissions from aviation account for 2.4%, negligable amount. Agriculture on the other hand where we produce cheap beef in this country providing someone with a cheap Big Mac in London is pure insanity.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200218-climate-change-how-to-cut-your-carbon-emissions-when-flying

Global CO2 emissions from aviation account for 2.4%, negligable amount. Agriculture on the other hand where we produce cheap beef in this country providing someone with a cheap Big Mac in London is pure insanity.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200218-climate-change-how-to-cut-your-carbon-emissions-when-flying

I am probably not articulare enough to debate about agriculture v aviation emissions but blaming agriculture in Ireland for climate change is completely bonkers .One thing covid 19 will show is the big reduction in global co2 emissions due to colapse in global air travel yet all the green dogooders will try blame agriculture yet recommence their jet setting lifestyle once covid 19 fesrrictions are lifted

• Advertisement

Whats insanity is allocating the emissions from that burger in London to the Irish farmer.
    The same way oil from the Saudis is allocated to where its consumed..it should be the same for beef which it currently isn't if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Robson99

That's a bit like the way we closed down Bord na Mona but yet we have to import now from Eastern Europe.
    Ireland is an agricultural country. All **** talk about emissions from beef. If we dont produce it Brazil will and will cut down more trees in doing so.
    People really need to wake up and see the big picture

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

Robson99 wrote: »
    That's a bit like the way we closed down Bord na Mona but yet we have to import now from Eastern Europe.
    Ireland is an agricultural country. All **** talk about emissions from beef. If we dont produce it Brazil will and will cut down more trees in doing so.
    People really need to wake up and see the big picture

Big picture is simple - if we continue with the pace we are doing atm, your kids will feel the pain, and who knows if your grandkids will even get to live their full life...

Nice bump today!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

17.50 today!!

The year high.

Highest in three years, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Geuze wrote: »
    17.50 today!!

The year high.

Highest in three years, I think.

Can't believe I sold when I could break even at around €11. I was sure the price would fall again with the pandemic. Had about 1000 shares too :mad:

At least my BOI shares have rebounded and are in the black now.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,250 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭daithi7

6 wrote: »

Michael O'Leary & the Ryanair CEO were on Bloomberg today, they were bullish, quoting vaccine projections for Europe & extrapolating current increases in bookings into full year projections ( their guesstimate ~70% of capacity).
    For me is it's hard to believe that people's flying habits will revert to that extent that quickly, with so much uncertainty about re variants, vaccines, tests, & quarantines, but hey , I'm not Michael O'Leary.....

I have rarely taking a foreign holiday ,what I can not figure out why people in their masses flock to these holiday resorts ,it is like sheep following sheep .If i was to go on holidays to Spain I would get boat to Santander and drive through Spain to Morrocco that would be the true flavour of a Spainish holiday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

cute geoge wrote: »
    I have rarely taking a foreign holiday ,what I can not figure out why people in their masses flock to these holiday resorts ,it is like sheep following sheep .If i was to go on holidays to Spain I would get boat to Santander and drive through Spain to Morrocco that would be the true flavour of a Spainish holiday

That's the problem with people, with their different tastes and all.......:pac:
    I wouldn't call people sheep for wanting a nice relaxing holiday in a resort with amenities close by.

For what its worth, the idea of getting in a car and driving the length of Spain is not a holiday to me(don't forget the boat to Morocco if you go), its a form of torture.

If all these sheep flock to resorts several times a year, and then back again the following year, maybe these resorts have something to offer..?

Advertisement