Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any thoughts on Ryanair

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

We are in a liquidity driven rally, nothing more nothing less.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭farmerval

As in? More money looking for a home than value in the market?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

farmerval wrote: »
    Really gobsmacked with the current share price. After Brexit they dropped to approx 8.50

Now with no planes in the sky and no notion how air travel will pan out they are at 12.50, really amazing.

not surprising at all , air travel wont disappear and ryanair is the one airline who you can be sure will survive this , thus they will emerge stronger than ever

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    not surprising at all , air travel wont disappear and ryanair is the one airline who you can be sure will survive this , thus they will emerge stronger than ever

The stock market usually prices in where the market will be in 6months time, as oppose to right now also.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,266 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If Boeing retrofitted the 737 Max planes with covid resistant fittings they would be on to a winner that would drive the public to them, win win for Ryanair too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

If Boeing retrofitted the 737 Max planes with covid resistant fittings they would be on to a winner that would drive the public to them, win win for Ryanair too.

Do you have a source for that ? and is there even such a thing as "covid resistant fittings" in the 'real' world (beyond some experimental stuff in a labs) :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Timmaay wrote: »
    The stock market usually prices in where the market will be in 6months time, as oppose to right now also.

The stock market is telling me that the covid19 fallout won't be as bad as was thought

The real economy of course always trails the stock market in terms of recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Boeing need to make them safe firstly, Have they been certified to fly again after all their issues? We can’t forget that, a lethal issue with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,266 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Do you have a source for that ? and is there even such a thing as "covid resistant fittings" in the 'real' world (beyond some experimental stuff in a labs) :confused:

Yes surfaces can be coated, here's door handles from an Irish company...
    https://www.rte.ie/amp/1135866/

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

There is a massive disconnect between wall street and main street.

Does the averge joe who owns a resturant receive any of the trillions that the Fed/ECB have pumped into the market?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Could be another buying opportunity here soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,093 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Given further announcements of weak bookings:

https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-cuts-capacity-in-sept-oct-by-almost-20-as-forward-bookings-weaken-2/

can anybody explain how the FR share price has not fallen as much as other airlines?

https://investor.ryanair.com/share-price/

I know it has a strong balance sheet.

I would have expected more time spent under 10, yet it has been between 10-12 for the past three months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Geuze wrote: »

I would have expected more time spent under 10, yet it has been between 10-12 for the past three months.

I'm still waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Amazed the price is still stable, 17 million passengers in the past 6 months compared to 85 million the same time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

It seems that Ryanair is deemed to be 'least likely to fail'
    Because of cash held, good operating system and considerable 'paid for'assets.
    For my part I have made 100....,155...,and 80euros from trading it's shares in six weeks.

Flogged on my 200 or so Ryanair shares that I'd been holding on from pre covid times for only a 5% loss today, well happy to got off that lightly given travel stock's the minute. Will happily get back in in the future but there is better opportunities elsewhere for now I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭antimatterx

If they ever drop to €8.50 again, I'm investing. That was a fantastic price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

It was difficult to pull the trigger at that price given it was that price in late 2019 at one point also around the time they were having issues with the pilots. Covid is a far bigger issue so really it was strange and thus hard to pull the trigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

wait until the second week in February..... Third stock market crash is on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Heard someone mention that it'll be 5 years until back to 2019 levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

dinneenp wrote: »
    Heard someone mention that it'll be 5 years until back to 2019 levels.

If even that. I don't think aviation will be quite the same in the future. There was already a trend on the European mainland to switching to trains due to the environmental aspects.

I think the biggest potential is in far Eastern Europe where the markets are being opened up but Wizzair are way ahead of them there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

crushproof wrote: »
    If even that. I don't think aviation will be quite the same in the future. There was already a trend on the European mainland to switching to trains due to the environmental aspects.

Yes, and they are getting faster...

train-image.png

A two minute walk from my doorstep to the local train station and I can be in Milan in a little over 4 and a half hours... no check in at the airport, etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭unregd147

Share price doesnt make sense.

Airbus, boeing, lufthansa, delta, airfrance-klm all down ~50% since Dec19.

Unless they are positioned to takeover lufthanza or similar i cant understand it.

How could the pilot unrest last year have the same impact on the share price as a legitimate pandemic that has all but grounded the entire fleet for the guts of a year. Madness.....

unregd147 wrote: »
    Share price doesnt make sense.

Airbus, boeing, lufthansa, delta, airfrance-klm all down ~50% since Dec19.

Unless they are positioned to takeover lufthanza or similar i cant understand it.

How could the pilot unrest last year have the same impact on the share price as a legitimate pandemic that has all but grounded the entire fleet for the guts of a year. Madness.....

I think a large part of it is they own most of their fleet & have cash. Many others owe massive amounts of their fleet & are under pressure to pay, maybe if they can't even risk penalties or going under.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭flashforward

dinneenp wrote: »
    I think a large part of it is they own most of their fleet & have cash. Many others owe massive amounts of their fleet & are under pressure to pay, maybe if they can't even risk penalties or going under.

Regardless of the above a 48hour strike had the share price @ €8.57 on 23/08/19

Now we sit with the share price @ €13.25.

Comparing the year to date Sep 2019 to Sep 2020:
    80% reduction in customers
    78% drop in revenue
    Profits gone from +€1.15bn to -€197m

https://investor.ryanair.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Ryanair-H1-FY21-Results.pdf

Or do we take it the €8.57 in 2019 was the bargain of the century?

Piece in the Sunday Times about Ryanair share price

• Registered Users Posts: 13,093 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I have the same questions as people here.

I bought at 3.60 many years ago, and again at 10.50, a while after the 8.50.

Like other people, I am in disbelief.

The article says they did not have a rights issue.

They did issue more equity, and they did issue a bond during COVID. Both were over-subscribed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Geuze wrote: »
    I have the same questions as people here.

I bought at 3.60 many years ago, and again at 10.50, a while after the 8.50.

Like other people, I am in disbelief.

The article says they did not have a rights issue.

They did issue more equity, and they did issue a bond during COVID. Both were over-subscribed.

The article does kinda make sense. Basically it's a write off year for the entire industry and they have limited their spend this year and negotiated down salaries. On top of that the government are paying much of the salaries that are left. So they are going to be lean and mean when the industry can get going. Obviously it's a bet on next summer being back to normal. Not a bet I'd take at this price but as a long term play you could see them doing fine. I don't think anyone at the moment is thinking anything other than I want to go on holidays!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

Aviation will recovery a lot quicker than the 5 year estimate. IATA's predictions seem to change depending on the weather. I had mentioned on another thread regarding the chinese domestic market. It's back to pre-covid numbers and they carried more passengers in Sep 2020 than a year previous.

Agree with you all though re Ryanair's share price - it doesn't make sense to me how's it's stayed at current levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Orobhsa

+16% today

Currently €15.50

Advertisement