Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's your personal hygiene?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

mariaalice wrote: »
    Random though, but how did people have sex when it was common not to wash at all or only wash once a year, yet they must have or we all wouldn't be here.

I actually read an extract about hygiene and sexual habits and so on among farmers in 19th century where I come from. I almost got sick and actually stopped reading. I doubt it was much different in other parts of Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

He would. But I wouldn't let him as I wouldn't be comfortable with it.

We're both pretty aware of hygiene and there'd be no problems if I had said listen you stink go have a shower. It was my choice. He was fine.

You must have got drunk off his fermented ball sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Shower every morning, full change of clothes and shower after the gym. Bed sheets and stuff like that gets changed frequently, I dont keep track.

I thought my hygiene was good until I read some of the posts in this thread.

Usually I shower every day. It depends. Sometimes I'll miss a day. I brush my teeth twice a day. My hair gets washed once and the odd time twice a week. It's very curly and too much washing will strip it of it's oils.
    Em that's it really.

Leave my balls out of this. No one needs to know about my infections

Please don't say that.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Random though, but how did people have sex when it was common not to wash at all or only wash once a year, yet they must have or we all wouldn't be here.

Blowjob with a side of cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Blowjob with a side of cheese.
    Fellation fromage sounds sexier :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

OldNotWIse wrote:
    Shower every morning. I know a lot of people who shower at night and not in the morning which is not something I could do - I have to shower in the morning before going to work, I wouldn't feel clean doing it the night before then sleeping and just getting up and changing.

I work either a fella who does that. He's an educated guy with a great job but there's a honk off him some days. Not BO just a stale smell of bed. I catch the train with him and do what I can to avoid sitting beside him in the mornings.

There's another fella who I have to avoid on the train but he's just plain smelly and dirty. Unwashed, greasy hair and his coat stiiinks! He usually has some clean and some dirty parts. Clean shirt, smelly greasy hair and stinking jacket.

Some posters seem a bit OTT but I wish they passed on a few traits to these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Coming close to my yearly shower now...the excitement!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Serious bang of Deja Vu off this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Serious bang of Deja Vu off this thread.

The only bang off this thread is severe OCD :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Mourinho wrote: »
    The only bang off this thread is severe OCD :p

Well, Yeah that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

I wash myself with a rag on a stick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I shower most days but skip the occasional one. Wash my hair every 2-3 days. Brush my teeth at least twice a day, usually more.

Bedsheets get changed, I guess maybe every 2 weeks? Fresh towels for every shower. Bathroom handtowels/floor mats get washed maybe twice a week.

As regards washing clothes, fresh knickers and socks/tights at least once a day. For some reason I don't wash bras as often though - I'd get a few wears between washes. Tops - one wear. Jeans/trousers - two/three wears. Cardigans/hoodies - two/three wears. Skirts hardly ever get washed, for some reason they never seem to get dirty/smelly! PJs, maybe two wears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

You must have got drunk off his fermented ball sweat.

Extra vinegary.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

OldNotWIse wrote:
    I wouldn't share your enthusiasm for the whole single use pyjama thing and am probably guilty of more than a few "quick showers" in place of the scrubbing, rinse, repeat ritual but I do agree with you on the touching of anything in public. People really are disgusting with their bad hygiene and snorting and coughing and not washing hands etc.

There was a thread (complete with poll) in here a few years back asking if people wash their hands after they go to the loo. It was horrifying.
    saram wrote:
    Brush teeth 3- 4 times a day including after lunch..

You're potentially looking at severe enamel damage from that. Twice a day is all that's required and never within an hour of eating or drinking. Will post a link tomorrow, on mobile now so can't.

My sister is OCD about brushing her teeth every time she eats and had to have several veneers last year because her enamel was so damaged as a result.

My mum is the same and she's going through *extremely* expensive treatment for gum issues at the mo.

Anyway, on the general topic, I doubt there's anyone here who hasn't skipped the odd shower. The people who absolutely reek aren't washing their clothes or themselves.

I know plenty of people who sweat like racehorses but never smell anything other than pleasant because they wash themselves and their clothes properly. Fresh sweat doesn't smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

mariaalice wrote:
    Random though, but how did people have sex when it was common not to wash at all or only wash once a year.

Because monogamous couples quickly attain a state called homeostasis whereby they essentially become immune to eachother's harmful bacteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,109 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Serious bang of Deja Vu Phew off this thread.
    FYP

Q: What do you call it when you go down on someone you have just met for the first time, but you get a strange feeling that you have been there before?

A: Deja Pheeew ! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

I have wondered how people interacted AT ALL in medieval times what with the lack of washing, same clothes worn for ages, no dental hygiene (course they weren't eating processed food or sugar) etc...

If one of us time travelled back I'd say the stink would knock you.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

I have wondered how people interacted AT ALL in medieval times what with the lack of washing, same clothes worn for ages, no dental hygiene (course they weren't eating processed food or sugar) etc...

If one of us time travelled back I'd say the stink would knock you.

True but I think the whole thing is rather overdone these days. I went to boarding school in the sixties, we changed our socks twice a week, the rest of our clothes once a week, bathed once a week unless we had a match to play and showered afterwards. I actually don't remember anyone smelling bad. Maybe we all did and were immune to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement