Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 23 - Team Jedrzejczyk vs Team Gadelha

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Ya good fight. Hope that's the last we see of Helen. I don't think there's been an episode yet where she hasn't cried at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It was so close. I probably would have given it(the decision!! tut tut) to the taller girl too, just cos all Helen really tried to do was take her down, and failed miserably for the most part. 2nd take down was barely 10 seconds too. I'd say the taller girl will struggle bigtime in her next fight.

Helen is really on the verge, I hope some of it was for the cameras, otherwise she needs to take some time out or seek help. She seems ridiculously fragile. Where was the guy who was basically acting as her psychologist for the past few weeks? He lost in week 1. Strange that he was nowhere to be seen in her episode.

Jojo's trash talk gets worse with each week. It's painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cracking fight but Lanchana definitely deserved the win. She was busting Helen up who just kept her head in the same position trudging forward looking to clinch and TD. Lanchana did a great job defending them. She almost got finished in rd2 if it went any longer but she was a clear winner in rd3 for me.

Joanna is gas constantly talking **** but wants Claudia to bizarrely respect her for it.

And i could not give a flying **** I'd the assistant coach rode some bird and might have to leave the show to save his marriage. If it was a fighter, then yeah would be interesting but not for that guy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Cracking fight but Lanchana definitely deserved the win. She was busting Helen up who just kept her head in the same position trudging forward looking to clinch and TD. Lanchana did a great job defending them. She almost got finished in rd2 if it went any longer but she was a clear winner in rd3 for me.

Joanna is gas constantly talking **** but wants Claudia to bizarrely respect her for it.

And i could not give a flying **** I'd the assistant coach rode some bird and might have to leave the show to save his marriage. If it was a fighter, then yeah would be interesting but not for that guy.

He's not a coach, he is one of the fighters.

He's not a coach, he is one of the fighters.

Ah feck sake i don't have a clue how i thought he was an assistant coach but it just stuck in my head, sound man, that makes a lot more sense then :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

lol aye Dana doesn't let the coaches have any interaction with the outside world either ;) I wish they would have just finished with that stroyline tonight rather than drag it into next episode aswell. I wonder what Dana's reaction is going to be to it. From the clip it looks like his stance is softening. I remember in 1 of the early seasons there was a young lad who wanted to leave because of his girl was threatening to leave him and DWs response was along the lines of "You're going to throw away your whole f***king career, your big shot from some chick who will probably dump you ina few months anyway".

Good fight, Helen loads of heart of lacks in technique. I'd seen a tweet earlier by mistake so I knew Claudia's team had won but watching the fight I was wondering if I seen it correctly. Tight fight, Helen kind of controlled a lot of it through attempting takedowns but done nothing for the majority of it. Lachana's striking was a lot better, the kick followed up by overhand right was landing at will, if she was able to throw it more often I think she could have maybe finished the fight.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Devastator wrote: »
    lol aye Dana doesn't let the coaches have any interaction with the outside world either ;) I wish they would have just finished with that stroyline tonight rather than drag it into next episode aswell. I wonder what Dana's reaction is going to be to it. From the clip it looks like his stance is softening. I remember in 1 of the early seasons there was a young lad who wanted to leave because of his girl was threatening to leave him and DWs response was along the lines of "You're going to throw away your whole f***king career, your big shot from some chick who will probably dump you ina few months anyway".

I only seen that season recently enough and the situation was a bit different. That guy was only going out with her a couple of months. Abdel is married and I think he has kids so it's a lot more serious of a situation. There was another season where he let someone leave (without being kicked off the show) so they could go to a friend's funeral. If the situation is serious enough he'll ignore the rules.

Like yourself I wish they'd just show us what happens instead of dragging it out. American shows love that shít though.

That fight was pretty much neck and neck. Could see it going either way. Good fight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Green is hot!

Great fight - I had it to Lanchana in 1 and 3 - Helen was cute to a point but the constant balling is wearing thin!

Agree with poster above - go get help you trainwreck of a person!!

I only seen that season recently enough and the situation was a bit different. That guy was only going out with her a couple of months. Abdel is married and I think he has kids so it's a lot more serious of a situation. There was another season where he let someone leave (without being kicked off the show) so they could go to a friend's funeral. If the situation is serious enough he'll ignore the rules.

I realise Abdel is married but in principle its still the same situation IMO. Now if he has kids(I've no idea) then obviously that changes things a lot. From the bits we seen & had interpreted it seems like Abdel was expecting the worst even if he left the show. At 1 stage he said "you just want me to leave this show and you'll leave me"....sounds like a woman scorned and her revenge is to get him off the show and potentially ruin his fighting career while she hits the road. I can't wait to next week now lol

Do you remember the guys name from the early season? I wonder if he ever went onto have any success fighting. In trms of a funeral I think thats a bit different as they could send a chaperone and the fighter could only be away for a few hours, I don't remember that off the top of my head.

I realise Abdel is married but in principle its still the same situation IMO. Now if he has kids(I've no idea) then obviously that changes things a lot. From the bits we seen & had interpreted it seems like Abdel was expecting the worst even if he left the show. At 1 stage he said "you just want me to leave this show and you'll leave me"....sounds like a woman scorned and her revenge is to get him off the show and potentially ruin his fighting career while she hits the road. I can't wait to next week now lol

Do you remember the guys name from the early season? I wonder if he ever went onto have any success fighting. In trms of a funeral I think thats a bit different as they could send a chaperone and the fighter could only be away for a few hours, I don't remember that off the top of my head.

I didn't remember his name but a bit of googling found this.

https://mmainsight.com/featured/where-are-they-now-the-ultimate-fighters-seasons-3-4/4

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/is-noah-still-with-his-girl.3198245/

He ended up marrying her so I guess it was worth it.

• Advertisement

I didn't remember his name but a bit of googling found this.

https://mmainsight.com/featured/where-are-they-now-the-ultimate-fighters-seasons-3-4/4

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/is-noah-still-with-his-girl.3198245/

He ended up marrying her so I guess it was worth it.

fair play to them, staying together for 10 years, getting married just to prove Dana wrong :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Does anyone know how long it takes for episodes to get added to the BT catch up service? 1-5 have been available for a while now.

jimmii wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it takes for episodes to get added to the BT catch up service? 1-5 have been available for a while now.

Nope, but I know another service that adds them pretty much as soon as its shown in the states. Dont think I can link it her though:pac:

Nope, but I know another service that adds them pretty much as soon as its shown in the states. Dont think I can link it her though:pac:

Its just handy being able to watch it on the TV without having to faff around!

jimmii wrote: »
    Its just handy being able to watch it on the TV without having to faff around!

laptop(or alternative) to HDMI lead & BOOM :D

minimal faff for free viewing :P

laptop(or alternative) to HDMI lead & BOOM :D

minimal faff for free viewing :P

Thats definitely faffing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

pm?

please and thanks

At the start of the fight, i called Jitz guy by rnc. I ended up switching half way through the fight as i was sick of watching his half ass attempts at the choke. The armbar in the 1st was lovely but getting hopped off the cage was a nice move by urbina. Between not being able to finish the choke, looking completely gassed, and taking a lot of damage, he didn't look impressive at all. Very frustrating fight for Urbina.

watching TUF is like self harming! Why do I go through it every week?

Awful fight, expected so much more, especially after the big build up they gave Eric "He's 8-0", "Last 6 fights have finished in 1st round" & even Dana saying "HE'S NEVER EVEN LOST A ROUND!!!!" :rolleyes: Its the first time in any TUF I've seen Lorenzo watching a fight....he picked a cracker :pac: Abdul's little bit of drama is over thank f**k. Surprised Dana let him go home though.

I think the only positive I could say from that episode is that there was no awful slabbering from JJ

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Anyone else disliking Joanna. I was somewhat of a fan of her up untill the begining of this season. Damn she is mean as hell. Reminds me of Ronda Rousey on TUF when she coached against Meisha. I really hope Claudia beats Joanna later on this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

Can't stand her. On a different issue she calls herself Joanna her coaches and team call her Joanna but Dana persists on calling her Jo Hanna

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Felt bad for urbina he tried your man was so boring I forget his name even Dana was pissed with him.

But this is what gets me though I mean the odds of winning the show are tuf (I'll see myself out) so surely you try time impress Dana if he's there for your fight, especially if he brings Lorenzo..... But no he lies on a guy for 2 rounds smfh

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Has everyone given up on this season? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,374 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Up to date with it myself but it's nothing worth posting about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

martyos121 wrote: »

Agreed. I think in future they need to stick to one gender and one weight class.

Claudia is the only redeeming feature in this season. She seems like a decent sort. Not what I expected at all.

Joanna just comes across as a nasty spiteful person.

I'm sticking with it's but gone quiet in here alright :)

"I cut your head bytch" Joanna with the gas trash talk :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

martyos121 wrote:

This

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I've really been enjoying this season. Great fights mostly! Not as much in-house shenanigans........ the way it should be I guess!

Maaaan there's some amount of whiners on the show. "I don't wanna fight my bro, bro". Such an anitclimatic fight as well. I was beaming when Khaleel was announced as getting a 2nd chance......until he was went into a bad mood about fighting friends.

Sick of Corey moping around as well, looking like a 'forever alone' meme. Glad he pulled out and getting a shot on the finale though.

Bring on the wimmin next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Such a mentally weak bunch this year. Dana was disgusted. :pac:

The coaches challenge was enjoyable however.

Advertisement