Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 23 - Team Jedrzejczyk vs Team Gadelha

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Johner wrote: »
    This is my first time watching TUF and I'm enjoying it so far. One question though.
    Is Khalil out of it now after he lost? Or does he get another chance later? Does he leave the show now? Was sure he would beat Cory :(

He will stay in the house and train. If someone gets injured he might get another chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,560 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great episode and fight. Fully sure Khalil would win but it's all about the jitz lads :)

I have done a complete 180 and now fully on the Gadhela train. Why the **** was Joanna talking **** to the boxing coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I hope Joanna gets the face punched off her in the fight.
    Thought she was cool before ,not anymore.
    By the end of the series I probably won't stomach watching her anymore.

And Claudia is a hottie :-))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭XsApollo

She might be in for a shock at next presser when the boos start raining down on her :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

claudia giving me the horn :D
    much as i love miesha I think claudia is drop dead gorgeous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,726 ✭✭✭lertsnim

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Nobody is liking this Joanna/Gadelha feud more than Dana.

I think nobody is liking it full stop apart from Dana. What a load of boring childish bollocks. If this is the same every week then I think I will start fast forwarding to the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

lertsnim wrote: »
    I think nobody is liking it full stop apart from Dana. What a load of boring childish bollocks. If this is the same every week then I think I will start fast forwarding to the fight.

yeah they're wasting way too much air time on this. It's pathetic and not very smart, especially because this is not their mother tongues, so the insults and rants are primary school playground level.

time to move on imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

So it might be easier asking, has anyone not turned against JJ after just 2 episodes?

The 2nd episode got ridiculous and she just hammed it up for the cameras and she came across looking like an arse. Even Cludia seemed bored by it. I don't think I'll be watching for much longer if the next few episodes are anything similar.

Good fight, Rowntree was a bit better technically than I had thought from his previous fight but couldn't handle it when the fight went to the ground. Good to see 2 team mates swinging and trying to KO eachother. I thought they were giving it the big up and it was going to be a damp squib but glad I was wrong. For some reason I think next week's fight will be a great fight

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Devastator wrote: »
    So it might be easier asking, has anyone not turned against JJ after just 2 episodes?

I wouldn't say I've turned, I still hope she wins. But have definitely lost a bit of respect for her, and gained some for Claudia.

That episode she was like a bad version of Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Has anyone watched the first Joanna/Gadelha fight and actually thought Joanna won? One of the worst decisions ever, IMO. No exaggeration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Paully D wrote: »
    Has anyone watched the first Joanna/Gadelha fight and actually thought Joanna won? One of the worst decisions ever, IMO. No exaggeration.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Can't agree with worst decision ever part. It was definitely a razor close fight and I wouldn't have objected to either getting their hands raised but in no way do I think Claudia was robbed. Makes for an intriguing rematch though....

Boring ol fight, tatiana obviously stronger and good wrestling but she's not UFC material. Another episode goes by and Joanna is looking worse and worse. Nor sure if it's the 2nd language of English making her sound worse or if she's just a bit of a dick between telling JJ she didn't want it enough to walking in front of Claudia.

Ghadela saying Joanna is the worst trash talker ever seems spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,374 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Nah Conor's an excellent trash talker, Joanna is absolutely awful at it, makes her come across as a complete biatch, whether she actually is or not is unclear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,726 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That was an awful fight this week. I think the show would be much better without the Dana White soundbytes.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I have been any of this series. But the Joanna's fall from grace has been atonishing.
    A couple of months ago Joanna was the darling of Sherdod, r/MMA. People fawning over her goofy instragram videos, threads like P4P cutest champ etc.

Now she's been tossed to the Wolves. Same thing happen to Ronda after TUF.
    Also happened to McGregor, and various other champs to some degree over the years. But the wimmins appear to get hit with it much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Hoki wrote: »

Can't agree with worst decision ever part. It was definitely a razor close fight and I wouldn't have objected to either getting their hands raised but in no way do I think Claudia was robbed. Makes for an intriguing rematch though....
    Have to agree with Paully D on this one. Watched it back for 2nd time last night and I was still as angry as I was in 2014. Claudia was Robbed!!!

You could make the argument she won all 3, she dominated JJ on the ground in Rd 1 and threatened with an Arm Triangle. However, in the dying seconds JJ did completely rock her with a right uppercut and if she had another 10 seconds she would have finished her. Fair enough, I wont argue if everyone feels JJ stole that round.

But the 2nd and 3rd were 100% won by Gadelha. Dominated those rounds, multiple takedowns, always pushing the action. Apparently 2 judges have JJ the 2nd round, absolutely shocking IMO.

Also as a side note, the headliner for this card was JDS v Miocic which a lot of people also thought the judges got horribly wrong. Not a good night for judging it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

I don't like Ronda but I'm hating Joanna more. She's such a dick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

martyos121 wrote: »
    Nah Conor's an excellent trash talker, Joanna is absolutely awful at it, makes her come across as a complete biatch, whether she actually is or not is unclear.

She's talking in a non native language. I'd say she can do it well in the native tongue

• Advertisement

Another bad week for Joanna, seems like she has a huge chip in her shoulder.

Myron was awful, seen that a few times on tuf now where a guy gets dominated in the 1st round and then does absolutely nothing in the 2nd.

Feel bad for the sick English girl, can't remember her name, joanna saying she had no confidence but i don't think repeatedly calling her a p*ssy is going to give her confidence.

Had to laugh at the drama 'next time on tuf' looks like they're reaching big time for a story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Oh Claudia... *swoon*

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Have to agree with everyone here.

JJ coming across very badly. Childishand also kind of a bully.

Whereas Claudia is coming across as cool, as likeable and her looks don't do her any harm either.

I used to be a big JJ fan but I think i'll be cheering for CLaudia in the rematch.

She's talking in a non native language. I'd say she can do it well in the native tongue

I doubt it, she doesn't seem to be doing it for fun or to promote their fights, she just comes across as a bully tbh. The way she spoke to her team about training like p**sies shows that no one is safe from her, and they were adamant that they were training hard too.

I don't think that would be any different is she was saying all of that in Polish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Im the same as most here - I actually had a little thing for Joanna - not the nicest looking sweet in the bag but seemed really really cute - I f**kin hate the sight of her 4 episodes into this show!

Claudia is cool out - I'm surprised the ufc hav'nt paid for that mole removal and sex'ed her out of it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I still like Joanna, don't see her as a bully at all. I find TUF more entertaining when the coaches have a rivalry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Anywhere to stream this?

Can't find it on fight pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

mdwexford wrote: »
    Anywhere to stream this?

Can't find it on fight pass.

Wont be on fightpass for a few weeks. Never goes up straight away.

Good episode, thought that was the best fight yet by a mile, I actually thought Helen won it with her takedowns but glad to see the judges value good striking.

Next week's fight doesn't look promising though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Yeah good fight. Judges made the right call.

Advertisement