Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

"I know lying is wrong, but if the elephant man came in now in a blouse with some make up on, and said 'How do I look?' Would you say, bearing in mind he's depressed and has respiratory problems, would you say 'Go and take that blusher off you mis-shapened elephant tranny'? No. You'd say 'You look nice... John'"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Caller: "I'd like to go round Legoland, with Sean Connery and then afterwards we'd go for a lovely lamb lunch in the centre of Windsor."

Alan: "I've got to say Roy, I don't think that's Connery's cup of tea, I think Sean would rather do something like, wander round the wild fowl park in Pepperstock with bottle ae Scotch!"

Caller: "I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye." *Hangs up*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Alan: Is the a neighbourhood… sorry I’m very close to you aren’t I? Is there a neighbourhood watch system?
    Estate Agent: I think so, yes.
    Alan: Right, well, I’ll do my stint. I’d want expenses though. Otherwise people start taking liberties. Before you know it you’re mowing their lawn.
    Estate Agent: Shall we have a look at the rest of the house?
    Alan: Yep. [Lynn starts to walk towards the living room door, and Alan cuts in front of her] One more question. On the way here quite near by I did see a community centre with a mural on the side?
    Estate Agent: School for the deaf.
    Alan: Right. That mean there will be noise or there won’t be noise? Difficult one to figure out, that. But they’re just deaf, they’re not deaf offenders?
    Estate Agent: They’re just deaf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

“Are you from Northern Island? I like the murals on the ends of the houses of men in balaclavas with tommy guns. It must be like living amongst lots of Banksy’s, but Banksy’s who want to kill people that live near them.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Butter my a7se

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Answered a couple of pages back:
    prinzeugen wrote: »
    They revealed what it was.. A Dutch special interest magazines called "Dikke Vrouwen op de Toiletten" (Fat women on toilets).

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Suspicious Dave

Listeners, I have someone on the line who fears he may be a gay.

He's married so I shall only be using his Christian name.

I'm talking to Domingo in Little Oakley.

No? He's gone.

Pity.

Marvellous little tapas bar there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

This chemical toilet is a Saniflow 33, now this little babe can cope with anything, and I mean anything. Earlier on I put in a pound of mashed up Dundee cake, let's take a look...not a trace! Peace of mind I'm sure, especially if you have elderly relatives on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

Back of the net!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

You make pigs smoke!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

You feed burgers to swans!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭.red.

You have big sheds but nobodys allowed in!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

And in these sheds you have 20ft high chickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭ Brylee Handsome Paprika

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

On the Luas reading this thread - not a good look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

The lex files :)
    The Japanese mercedes :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Polly! Thank Goodness!

We've got a sad Arab on line 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭ Brylee Handsome Paprika

Alan's description of hearing that at the depths of his addictions Dave Clifton had been caught masturbating tramps:

"Like some sort of diabolical soup kitchen"

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Suspicious Dave

“Alright Chris!”

“Hello Alan I didn't know you'd moved in”

“Yeah, just moved in, last week. I'm having a barbecue, fancy coming over?”

“I'd love to! Do you mind if I bring my guitar?”

“I'd rather you didn't, it's not that kind of area. Do you like Mini Kiev's?”

“I love them! But my wife's vegetarian”

“Doesn't matter. She can have fish”

“No she won't eat that either”

“Oh forget it!. You people”

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Loving the new series of mmm. Just watched the Julian Barratt one this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,541 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The first three episodes of 'I'm Alan Partridge' (Series 1) on GOLD right now!

Classic Queen!

You know what this room says to me? Aqua!

Which is French for water.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Only getting through Mid Morning Matters season 2 now.

Quality stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I sh*t you not but I actually watched the above video entirely a while back. Can honestly say it ranks as one of the top five "hours" I have spent in my life.

Alan Attack: Like 'The Cook Report', but with a more slapstick approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Apparently the Tony Hayersesque suits at Wings's record company initially refuse to clear Jet to be used on I'm Alan Partridge ...

but Paul McCartney is a big fan of Alan's and he intervened and told them Alan could have whatever song he wanted.

Back of the net!

• Advertisement

Skid X wrote: »
    Apparently the Tony Hayersesque suits at Wings's record company initially refuse to clear Jet to be used on I'm Alan Partridge ...

but Paul McCartney is a big fan of Alan's and he intervened and told them Alan could have whatever song he wanted.

Back of the net!
    They're only the band The Beatles could have been!

Advertisement