Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

On his sex life.....

"Occasionally I doth venture south."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

"Occasionally I doth venture south".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Classic from the political debate 'A Partridge over Britain'. His jaw just dropped

Alan Partridge: The phone lines are open, we have a call: David Silk from Leeds. David, are you there?

David Silk: [voice] Yes, I am.

Alan Partridge: Are you wearing any silk?

David Silk: [voice] No, I'm naked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Alan talking about the Irish famine:

"If it was just the potatoes that were affected, at the end of the day you will pay the price if you're a fussy eater. If you can afford to emigrate, you can afford to eat in a moderately priced restaurant."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Calling all pigeons.
    There's a cat amongst you.
    That cat's name is Dave Clifton purr-opping up the bar in his fictional "Nightclub".

Better being in a fictional nightclub than in a fictional bath, Alan.
    It's better than having fictional listeners.

It's bad enough sitting on your own in a real nightclub, which you do, but a fictional one is the worth of boast worlds.
    Don't you mean the worst of both worlds? No.
    I do mean the worth of boast worlds.
    In the world of boasters - not the biscuits but people who boast, like you - their worth is worth OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

We normally have three clocks on the wall, there. Telling the time in London, Paris and Dublin. Which is the same as London, but I do think sometimes you need to be reminded of that.

Apparently you do. I was working in our London office this week and they had this on the wall:

33171483-9B00-46B2-A29D-173D5FFAA89C_zpsxqm634fl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

stimpson wrote: »
    Apparently you do. I was working in our London office this week and they had this on the wall:

33171483-9B00-46B2-A29D-173D5FFAA89C_zpsxqm634fl.jpg

Reminds me of the story of the Englishman travelling in Ireland. He arrives at a train station fifteen minutes early according to the clock outside, so he stops to have a smoke. When he goes in, he realises he's missed his train. The train, he's told, runs according to the clock INSIDE the station, not the one outside. "Why on earth do you have a different time on the clock inside to the one outside?" he asks. "Sure, if they both had the same time on them, why would we need the two of them?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Gentlemen, choose your weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,724 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ipso wrote: »
    Gentlemen, choose your weapons.

Aaaah...ladyboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Close your mouth Lynn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

"Have you ever shaved your crackling?"

• Registered Users Posts: 71,724 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Alan: Right, OK. Shoestring, Taggart, Spender, Bergerac, Morse. What does that say to you about regional detective series?

Tony Hayers: There's too many of them?

Alan: (Pause) That's one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it is, people like them, let's make some MORE of them. A detective series based in Norwich called Swallow. Swallow is a detective who tackles vandalism. Bit of a maverick, not afraid to break the law if he thinks it's necessary. He's not a criminal, but he will, perhaps, travel 80mph on the motorway if he, for example, he wants to get somewhere quickly...

[Tony Hayers shakes his head.]

Alan: Think about it. No-one had heard of Oxford before Inspector Morse. I mean, this will put Norwich on the map.

Tony Hayers: Why would I want to do that?

Alan: (Pause) Yep, fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

It's great to be back at my old school, I almost sent my son Fernando here but I came into some money and was able to educate him privately

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

It's great to be back at my old school, I almost sent my son Fernando here but I came into some money and was able to educate him privately
    Ah,Hello,is she your latest,you both sound exhausted,have you been running.

I was just wondering if you wanted to go for a drink?

No?

Fernando,your 22 years old and your spending your Saturday afternoon in bed with a girl.Your wasting your life.Its a beautiful day.

Take her out to a local fort or a Victorian folly.

Who's this beautiful man with a lovely voice, it's annie lennox

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Lynn: Do you want to hear the good news or the bad news?
    Alan: The good news.
    Lynn: Well, Rawlinson's say you can have another fifty of the shop-soiled chocolate oranges if you plug them again tomorrow.
    Alan: Excellent. And the bad news?
    Lynn: The accountants say that since you've definitely not got a second series at the BBC you're going to have to sack everyone at Pear Tree Productions and close the office down. Otherwise they're going to declare you bankrupt on Friday.
    Alan: Right. Still, good news about the chocolate oranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I love this thread. Am I right? I'm not wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

Iron, fish or war? After the break will talk about which is the worst type of monger!

Are you hairy mary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Are you hairy mary.
    You need to have the visual of the face with that onebiggrin.png

• Advertisement

"Why are you wearing that snazzy cardigan"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,771 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

"Get rid of her, Lynn, she's a drunk and a racist! I'll tolerate one, but not both."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

So, the Alan Partridge forum isn't happening then.

Unbe-bloody-lievable.

MocIM0P.gif

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Naysayers

"bitter bastards"

I like you. And I'll tell you why, because you are - and I mean this phrase in the original sense - full of gay spunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

""All this wine nonsense! You get all these wine people, don't you? Wine this, wine that. Let's have a bit of red, let's have a bit of white. Ooh, that's a snazzy bouquet. Oh, this smells of, I don't know, basil. Sometimes you just want to say, sod all this wine, just give me a pint of...mineral water.""

""Convoy? Michael, you're hanging around with a man who uses a collective term for a single vehicle""

• Registered Users Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭furiousox

fussyonion wrote: »
    just give me a pint of...mineral water..

"Still or sparkling?"
    "Half & half"

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

enhanced-12155-1454513154-1.png?no-auto

• Advertisement

Well at this stage of the show, some of my viewers maybe thinking "Alan, You're a liar! You promised that this show would be hot and now you're chatting to three senior citizens." But if I said I am now going to jump into a TARDIS, go back in time and recreate the Berlin Olympics with these three old women, you'd say "Alan, that is hot, we were wrong earlier."

Advertisement