Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Alan talking about the events after Chris Feather died and the BBC refused to honour his contract @ 4:16:42 below. He was homeless then, and couldn't afford the Travel Tavern anymore, when he remembered an offer made to him as a child, when he stayed with another family while his parents were away on holiday. Alan was very upset to be leaving, as he become quite attached to the family, and they told him "he could come back and stay any time he liked". Alan came back 35 years later :pac: It's one of my fav bits of the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,415 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Someone on the Marian Finucane show this morning suggested that the Sligo lad was played by an "Alan lookalike"! Surely some mistake?

Quite Partridge like views from Coogan in this most definite NSFW sketch

https://twitter.com/chrismorrisbits/status/1117366521746153472?s=19

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Acosta wrote: »
    Overall loved This Time, but that last episode was seriously weak. It just looked unfinished. There's so many different ways they could have done that, so I was surprised that's the best they came up with. Episode 3 was the only other one I thought was so so but it was still better than that .

It was jenny's fault she walked off just at the start of the show ,how was Alan meant to keep the show on his own.
    Also this time brought us Martin Brennan that clip alone was on of the goat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

The original test shoot for Knowing Me, Knowing You has been uploaded to youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Someone on the Marian Finucane show this morning suggested that the Sligo lad was played by an "Alan lookalike"! Surely some mistake?

Quite Partridge like views from Coogan in this most definite NSFW sketch

https://twitter.com/chrismorrisbits/status/1117366521746153472?s=19

Tara ya shltter! :D

• Advertisement

Tara ya shltter! :D

That's another quote I use in my day to day life :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Also this time brought us Martin Brennan that clip alone was on of the goat
    Brennan made me laugh, quite literally, like a drain!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Martin Brennan's guitarist was none other than Glen Ponder, former band leader of such acts as Chalet, Savoir Faire, Debonair, Lazarus and Ferrari.

(Same performer Steve Brown)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

that opening clip is great, she gets a dildo out alan grapples with her and starts shouting "you have lost me 2 million viewers!"

From I,Partridge:

"I first got wind of Carol’s infidelity when she came home from the gym wearing a pair of black Asics cycling shorts, after having gone out wearing blue Adidas ones. Also, the Asics pair were for men. Suddenly, things that had seemed innocent - the snazzy new hairdo, the packet of condoms in her glovebox, reported sightings of her in nightclubs with a man - started to collect in my craw. What was she up to? I began to keep a diary."

The packet of condoms in her glovebox :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

this is good, it's as if steve was dragged in off the street and is out of character but his voice is totally in character!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

This Time With Alan Partridge Test Shoot. From the DVD release.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x76efuu

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ive watched the episode with Martin Brennan 3 times now, its just too perfect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Thargor wrote: »

Ha haaa

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Ha haaa
    That's with a 'haytch'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

its eerily perfect ..i wonder which of his uncles did he base that character on?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I wouldn't normally get inspiration from Joe. Ie but man is this uncanny...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^

typical middle-class english hence... typical Alan Partridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I wouldn't normally get inspiration from Joe. Ie but man is this uncanny...

Google Richard doing a piece on squatters. It’s very Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭p to the e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

E.MAIL.OF.THE.EVE.NING

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Comedy award for Steve Coogan

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1067278/

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

18 till I die, I'm gonna be 18 till I die..

i find myself singing this loads...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,968 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

twitter link

Richard Madeley at it again

• Registered Users Posts: 71,710 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Canary-yellow shirt, horizon-blue stay-creased action slacks, cap, Polaroids, tan string-back driving gloves. It’s a look that says, ‘I’m in control of my vehicle’.

:pac:

https://amp.theguardian.com/culture/2019/aug/13/alan-partridge-saves-steve-coogan-from-lengthy-driving-ban

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

2smiggy wrote: »
    twitter link

Richard Madeley at it again

Alan would definitely be a Brexiteer ; Daily Mail reader, a mild racist, easily annoyed etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Strazdas wrote: »
    Alan would definitely be a Brexiteer ; Daily Mail reader, a mild racist, easily annoyed etc

Fond of cheap stereotypes etc.

I might have forgiven this lazy cliche but for the fact that he is a reader of the Daily Express not the Daily Mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

ligerdub wrote: »
    Fond of cheap stereotypes etc.

I might have forgiven this lazy cliche but for the fact that he is a reader of the Daily Express not the Daily Mail.

ooooh, it's a good paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Yeah, I think I’ll go and read Simon Heffer on the veranda. Ain’t no one gonna stop me.

Advertisement