Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

This Time was absolute ****e and Partridge is done. As I predicted when it was on initially, nobody will be quoting this series in the years to come. Without Armando Iannucci around, the quality control is out the window. Coogan and the Gibbons bros are treating Alan sympathetically, but he is a monster and needs to be permanently punished :pac: I can't remember anything about the series apart from Martin Brennan, and that was hardly top-drawer Partridge.

Thought it was excellent, nothing beats mid morning matters but I'd put it on a par with I'm Alan Partridge if not better, that was of it's time

Never thought much the first incarnation talk show Partridge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

This popped into my head just now:

"
    I think panel beating was too narrow a topic. So today we're asking, what's the best thing?"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,481 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

This Time was absolute ****e and Partridge is done. As I predicted when it was on initially, nobody will be quoting this series in the years to come. Without Armando Iannucci around, the quality control is out the window. Coogan and the Gibbons bros are treating Alan sympathetically, but he is a monster and needs to be permanently punished :pac: I can't remember anything about the series apart from Martin Brennan, and that was hardly top-drawer Partridge.

I loved it. The JohnGone stuff was as funny as it gets. The bad translation scene was fantastic too. As was the Irish stuff.

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2020/02/14/45418/this_time_with_alan_partridge_gets_a_second_series?rss

I must say I'm tremendously excited about all this! (well, the podcast part of it).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

As you predicted nobody will be quoting this series in years to come.

So Coogan's comedy is only any good if it can be quoted in the future?

You should have made contact with the shows producers the minute you predicted this....would have saved them the embarrassment of putting out a tv programme that couldn't be quoted in years to come.

So to sum up...."Steve we need more catchphrases".

• Advertisement

mfceiling wrote: »
    As you predicted nobody will be quoting this series in years to come.

So Coogan's comedy is only any good if it can be quoted in the future?

You should have made contact with the shows producers the minute you predicted this....would have saved them the embarrassment of putting out a tv programme that couldn't be quoted in years to come.

So to sum up...."Steve we need more catchphrases".

Oh stop being a compleme cunm :D

The podcast could be good. I really want Partridge to be funny again, but it's been downhill for the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

“ stop rubbing yer fanny on me!”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Acosta

Plenty of great moments in This Time. Only the last episode was poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

Mixed feelings about This Time coming back. On balance, I'd rather more Partridge but the format didn't really work for me.

I listened to I Partridge and Nomad over the past few months, and I do think the Gibbons brothers are capable of great stuff, I just think a third voice is needed to really nail it down for tv purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Apologies if already posted...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

steve_r wrote: »
    Mixed feelings about This Time coming back. On balance, I'd rather more Partridge but the format didn't really work for me.

I listened to I Partridge and Nomad over the past few months, and I do think the Gibbons brothers are capable of great stuff, I just think a third voice is needed to really nail it down for tv purposes.

It didn't really work for me.
    F**k off!!

Love the hummed jingle in the Monty Don sequence!

Ah, Martin Brennan from Sligo, my favourite tv moment of 2019!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Ah, Martin Brennan from Sligo, my favourite tv moment of 2019!

Great episode. The offer of a billion pound bribe to Monty Don and then thinking he had a massive, panorama type scoop. :D

CPR on the sex doll with the massive boobs :D

Martin Brennan the highlight though!

"He'd try to feed turf to the sheep, get a cow to lay an egg"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭brian_t

Wheety wrote: »
    Martin Brennan the highlight though!

"He'd try to feed turf to the sheep, get a cow to lay an egg"

You'd be welcome on the farm, as long as you roll your sleeves up, get your hands dirty.

You're man'd be feeding turf to the sheep, - trying to get a pig to lay an egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

brian_t wrote: »
    You'd be welcome on the farm, as long as you roll your sleeves up, get your hands dirty.

You're man'd be feeding turf to the sheep, - trying to get a pig to lay an egg.

:D

I got it wrong 10 minutes after watching it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Double-O fecking b*llocks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,481 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Not Partridge but the Trip to Greece is very good. Some proper lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭brian_t

The Nal wrote: »
    Not Partridge but the Trip to Greece is very good. Some proper lolz

The Trip (Steve Coogan's new comedy show)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Starting on RTE 2 right now! He just slapped a shaved boy in a wig on the backside...

• Advertisement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXoAiPb4ipg

The bit at 3:18 has me crying with laughter. Alan jogging in clown shoes, and then his pained sounds while rolling on the ground :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Thargor wrote: »

Presumably they only serve it to you at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

What do you do with the cup after?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Thargor wrote: »

A savory 99 is what you’re all thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Steve Coogan is on the latest episode of Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend (podcast)

xckjoo wrote: »
    Steve Coogan is on the latest episode of Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend (podcast)

If it's anything like his appearance on Marc Maron's WTF podcast, I'd give it a miss. Coogan tends to put on a very heavy American accent when talking to Yanks, and adopts Americanisms to the point that it is impossible to listen to. His British podcast appearances are much better: Richard Herring, Adam Buxton, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

If it's anything like his appearance on Marc Maron's WTF podcast, I'd give it a miss. Coogan tends to put on a very heavy American accent when talking to Yanks, and adopts Americanisms to the point that it is impossible to listen to. His British podcast appearances are much better: Richard Herring, Adam Buxton, etc.

Does he say he likes American things? Like Dr Pepper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

What do you do with the cup after?

Rest it on the buffet scam plate?
    I’m just disappointed they didn’t offer some tea in a liquid detergent dispenser.

• Advertisement

Im just wondering how you could possibly get the beans out with no spoon?

Advertisement