Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    were waiting for tony hayers to commission it

I tell you something, Sophie, you’ve not witnessed pure evil until you’ve looked into the eyes of a man who’s just cancelled your second series.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Not an Alan quote but his nemesis is still up to his old tricks:

TZpfZi0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭munster87

If they don’t do it, Sky will!

Inner-city Sumo

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

What partridgisms do you do? I love saying "back of the net" it's especially awesome when it's taken at face value and people look at me like I'm a gobsh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

What partridgisms do you do? I love saying "back of the net" it's especially awesome when it's taken at face value and people look at me like I'm a gobsh1te

I live in America where nearly nobody gets any Alan references whatsoever. And nobody appreciates when I say "Stop talking about American things and let's watch the best film ever made".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Kiss my face :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭.red.

Smell my cheese!!
    Usually on a daily basis, depending on who I'm on shift with!
    I also like doing the Gary Newman air bass guitar, especially to people who have no idea what its about. Very funny when they look at me like there's something wrong with me!

I said Jurassic Park once when something went well and everyone I work with was too young to have heard of Alan :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Sometimes I'll say "I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure", doesn't really grab them by the nadgers like I hoped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Thargor wrote: »
    I said Jurassic Park once when something went well and everyone I work with was too young to have heard of Alan :(

Or Jurassic Park (in an alan voice)

• Advertisement

If something is going wrong I will generally say cook a cat or butter my arse.

I just love saying them - Iv no idea what they mean.

Another one which has grown legs with my friends and people I know is "see ya laytah" which is a line in that little interlude between the end of the opening theme and the start of the episode. People generally have no idea where it's from but they normally say it back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Dan. Dan. Dan. Dan. Dan. Dan. Dan!... Dan!...
    Dan!!... Dan!!... Dan!!!... Dan!!! Dan!!!! Dan!!!!!

Eh no, he's not seen me...

...Dan!!!!!!

Gan til cardiff, have full sex with a woman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Gan til cardiff, have full sex with a woman

Is that a partridgism that you use much paddy? :D only messing

Eeeeee happen he thinks Im a right twat...

• Registered Users Posts: 72,411 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Sky Atlantic are currently re-showing the second series of ‘Mid Morning Matters’ tonight from 9pm, followed by all-new Curb :)

BONO!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

BONO!

The biggest collection of hatchbacks in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

How's the Edge?
    The edge is fine.

How is Adam Clayton?
    Adam Clayton is fine.

How is, uhh, the drummer?
    The drummer is fine.

• Advertisement

He wrote the first half of The Joshua Tree over there. And the other half..... over there

Met them last week at a pop concert....
    Who was playing?
    We were...

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭thekerrycyclist

A pap concert

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

"oooh I'm really scared... I am a bit"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Alan: You threw a monkey in the sea?
    Michael: Well, it had eaten all my fags, man. It was a big packet of two-hundred duty-frees, like.
    Alan: You threw a monkey in the sea? That’s awful. I mean, I was fishing for some sort of funny story. That’s just upsetting.
    Michael: Well, you know, I wasn’t thinking straight. I just, kind of, got the red mist in front of my eyes and I just grabbed the monkey and hurled it in the sea.
    Alan: Will you stop saying you threw your monkey in the sea? All I can see is a monkey spinning towards the water.
    Michael: Well, it didn’t go straight in the water. It bounced off a rock.
    Alan: Oh, Michael. That is such a pointless death. At least when they experiment on them they get something out of it, a nice perfume or something.
    Michael: Aye. You know, I’ve often wondered, right, why is it that they put the perfume in the monkey’s eyes, right? Why not just put it on it’s wrist, like, you know, posh ladies in the department stores?
    Alan: It’s just cruel, isn’t it. Mind you, if you’ve been to Knowsley Safari Park and they’re pulling the wipers off your windscreen and nicking your hub caps, you lose sympathy.
    Michael: I’ll tell you what, maybe the monkeys is trying to collect enough parts together to make a complete car, right? And they’ll all just pile in it and break through the gates and escape.
    Alan: [Nods in agreement] It’s a frightening thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭trashcan

trashcan wrote: »
    Clang, clanga langa langa Langa Lang a Lang.

Ooo, bitta bush!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

He's got the voice of a rocker.... The face of a docker.... It's Joe cocker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Ruddy hell! It's Soft Cell!

Advertisement