Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesla/Lithium stocks discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

John regardless of what you believe only a fool would start adding to their position in the hope of 420 and holding into privatisation. Elon has committed a multi million euro fraud against investors. There was no funding secured, he's abused his position and made fools of bagholders like yourself.
    Tesla might have 50% market share in X,Y,Z but the difference between Tesla and the other 50% is the others have actually delivered cars and not just deposits.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

John regardless of what you believe only a fool would start adding to their position in the hope of 420 and holding into privatisation. Elon has committed a multi million euro fraud against investors. There was no funding secured, he's abused his position and made fools of bagholders like yourself.
    Tesla might have 50% market share in X,Y,Z but the difference between Tesla and the other 50% is the others have actually delivered cars and not just deposits.

“Elon has committed a multi million Euro fraud against investors”

Lol, Stop talking out of your Ass. Very few investors in Tesla who are in the red.
    Do you actually know what a bag holder means, if you did you would realise how stupid your comment is.

More total garbage from a clueless poster. Tesla is approaching 6000 Model 3s per week now on the current production lines. Model 3 is outselling peers by a huge margin and likely at good margins.

Tesla will be cashflow positive very likely this quarter worst case next quarter.

The only thing I would agree with out of your whole ridiculously inaccurate post is that I wouldn’t be adding Tesla at the current levels either and still don’t own any Tesla stock. Drunkmonkey fits you pretty good, keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

b4bmm wrote: »
    “Elon has committed a multi million Euro fraud against investors”

Lol, Stop talking out of your Ass. Very few investors in Tesla who are in the red.
    Do you actually know what a bag holder means, if you did you would realise how stupid your comment is.

More total garbage from a clueless poster. Tesla is approaching 6000 Model 3s per week now on the current production lines. Model 3 is outselling peers by a huge margin and likely at good margins.

Tesla will be cashflow positive very likely this quarter worst case next quarter.

The only thing I would agree with out of your whole ridiculously inaccurate post is that I wouldn’t be adding Tesla at the current levels either and still don’t own any Tesla stock. Drunkmonkey fits you pretty good, keep it up.

He did fraudulently influence the stock price to try and burn shorts though, I assume that’s the fraud he’s referring to.

Skelet0n wrote: »
    He did fraudulently influence the stock price to try and burn shorts though, I assume that’s the fraud he’s referring to.

What was fraudulent about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

The only reason I respond to post like this is to show the amount of disinformation that been put out there about Tesla. I see these articles every day and if you didn't know much about the company it would be very easy to think they are on the brink of bankruptcy, unable to raise capital if need and with a share price on the verge of collapse.

I dont know if this disinformation is been lapped up by monkey but it certainly looks like it. There is no attempt to search the facts before posting anyway.

So i'll fact check the post.

"John regardless of what you believe only a fool would start adding to their position in the hope of 420 and holding into privatisation."

Personal opinion, but an attempt to portray investors as fools despite overwhelming evidence that Tesla share price has been a steady winner. take the 5 year chart. 12/8/13..$142 12/8/2018..$355. Only once (nov 13) has the share price been below the 142 price in the 5 years. The $420 price, regardless of privatisation, will be broken without doubt in time. As Musk has said many times. Tesla share price will punish day traders but reward long investors.

"Elon has committed a multi million euro fraud against investors. There was no funding secured, he's abused his position and made fools of bagholders like yourself."

Total lies and if said in the wrong place could land you in trouble. As of now there is no SEC investigation even started. Good chance there won't be one because there is ZERO prof that any law has been broken. Elon as CEO has the right to make that information public. Twitter may be an unorthodox way of doing it but Tesla is not an orthodox company. As for the bagerholder comment. Thats the second time you have called me a fool. More lies, but nothing more than I would expect for a drunk monkey. As a share holder today I am up over 50% in 2 years on TSLA so that neither makes me a fool nor a bagholder.

"Tesla might have 50% market share in X,Y,Z but the difference between Tesla and the other 50% is the others have actually delivered cars and not just deposits."

This is just a stupid thing to say. Tesla DO have a 50% market share of all EV's SOLD in the US. In july the M3 alone had a 50% EV market share and a 52% market share in its class of ALL US car sales including BMW 3S They sold 14200 M3 EV's. They out sold the second on the EV list (Bolt) 12 to 1. These are actual delivered sales and not just deposits.

• Advertisement

He claimed to have funding secured for a buyout price way above market price in order to drive out shorts. He didn't have funding secured, that's fraud.

It's pretty simple, lying by a CEO in order to influence stock price is securities fraud.

Skelet0n wrote: »

He claimed to have funding secured for a buyout price way above market price in order to drive out shorts. He didn't have funding secured, that's fraud.

It's pretty simple, lying by a CEO in order to influence stock price is securities fraud.
    Point me to where it says he doesnt have funding please?

He's secured funding above the value of Mercedes and announces it via Twitter at a 20% higher premium than the current value.
    Sorry but your off your head to believe funding is secured.

He's secured funding above the value of Mercedes and announces it via Twitter at a 20% higher premium than the current value.
    Sorry but your off your head to believe funding is secured.
    Point me to where Elon Musk has been convicted of fraud or where it has been proven he doesnt have funding, 
    still waiting ………..

Point me to where Elon Musk has been convicted of fraud or where it has been proven he doesnt have funding, 
    still waiting ………..

The investigation has just started so have the legal proceeding . Can you not see what he done was wrong, if he had said we're looking into taking it private that's ok but stating funding secured was pure lies meant to distort the market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭meijin

answers to your questions in an update from Musk: https://www.tesla.com/blog/update-taking-tesla-private

meijin wrote: »
    answers to your questions in an update from Musk: https://www.tesla.com/blog/update-taking-tesla-private

Let's see what the Saudis say, I'd say they just fell off their Camels laughing.

There was never any doubt. Musk did absolutely nothing wrong. As he said Tesla will proceed to be taken private on the strength of shareholder agreement. He believes there will be 66% rollover from public to private and that may be the line he want's to cross before proceeding. I think that will depend on the way the SPV is set up but private polls show an 80% potential take up. It may take a year and there will be a major regulatory hurl to be crossed but the seeds have been sown. .

A Saudi hedge fund guy said that they might be interested at some point in the past is not funding secured. $420 just purely made up. Not to mention how problematic taking money from the Saudi regime would be regardless.

I don't know how the Saudis who were uninterested last week are now suddenly interested. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/11/saudi-arabias-fund-lacks-interest-in-teslas-idea-of-going-private.html

I don't know how the Saudis who were uninterested last week are now suddenly interested. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/11/saudi-arabias-fund-lacks-interest-in-teslas-idea-of-going-private.html

More rubbish. Based on 2 sources familiar with the matter and finishes with the line "A spokesman for PIF was not immediately available for comment."
    They might just as well have quoted one of your posts.

maybe you should have read this on Bloomberg instead.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-12/saudi-fund-is-said-to-be-in-talks-to-invest-in-tesla-buyout-deal. At least we now know who has the best anonymous sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Maybe they should ask them instead of relying on 'sources'.

Sabre Man wrote: »
    Maybe they should ask them instead of relying on 'sources'.

Nowhere in musk's statement did I see where he had "funding secured"
    Hopefully they get a statement soon, he's goosed if it wasn't the truth but with a 5% stake in Tesla are they prepared to see their investment tank by saying they weren't funding it. He's got them by the balls right now they have to play along.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

"I left the July 31st meeting with no question that a deal with the Saudi sovereign fund could be closed, and that it was just a matter of getting the process moving. This is why I referred to “funding secured” in the August 7th announcement."

So this is what he meant by "Funding Secured"? :eek:

To all you Fanboys out there all i can say is i have been trading stocks actively for going on 20 years and this is one of the most blatant attempt of market manipulation i have seen from a CEO of a large cap stock. Musk is clearly unhinged and his obsession with the shorts will cause his downfall eventually. He'll probably get away with a slap on the wrist and a fine from the SEC.

The stock is now trading at $351 cause it's clear the privatization deal is around the corner. The market just loves to give everyone free money. :rolleyes:

For the people who don't seem to understand what Musk did wrong when he tweeted last week, here is the 8K filed by Dell the DAY after the CEO announced he wanted to take it private:

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/826083/000119312513041273/d480506d8k.htm

As you can see this is a detailed document outlining the privatization plan and how exactly they were going to fund it.

Musk couldn't file a 8K because it would have said "Yeah i talked to the Saudi guy and he said no problem we'll buy it all up". :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    For the people who don't seem to understand what Musk did wrong when he tweeted last week, here is the 8K filed by Dell the DAY after the CEO announced he wanted to take it private:

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/826083/000119312513041273/d480506d8k.htm

As you can see this is a detailed document outlining the privatization plan and how exactly they were going to fund it.

Musk couldn't file a 8K because it would have said "Yeah i talked to the Saudi guy and he said no problem we'll buy it all up". :pac::pac::pac:

This is more misleading rubbish. The very first line in the 8k that you obsessed with

"Item 1.01 – Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement."

at no time did Musk say he was entering into agreement with anyone. He said
    I am THINKING of taking tesla private. Funding secured.

He continued on immediately making it clear it was up to the share holders if that would happen. If enough agree he has been promised the cash to do that.
    Today he named the cash backer even though I doubt that was necessary at this stage of the process.

Here are all the other reasons for an 8K. Which has he not complied with?https://www.sec.gov/fast-answers/answersform8khtm.html

The Dell 8K is dated 6th Feb 2013. yet a quick google (note the dates) https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-01-15/dell-seeks-buyout-to-end-public-scrutiny-25-years-post-ipo-tech

or this interesting forum https://hardforum.com/threads/dell-in-talks-to-go-private.1739747/

Sound familiar since you brought it up?

Previous to all this he has warned the shorts that they should get out or pay the consequences. I do not believe the 2 cases talked about will ever get to court or that the SEC will have any grounds to even fine him.

lucky john wrote: »
    This is more misleading rubbish. The very first line in the 8k that you obsessed with

I am THINKING of taking tesla private. Funding secured

Do you not see how “Funding secured” means that funding is secured? As in there is a party that is legally committed to fund the buyout at the price he stated? Not a loose conversation where they could back out at any moment without consequence.

I am THINKING of taking tesla private. Funding secured.

He continued on immediately making it clear it was up to the share holders if that would happen.

You just don't get it. Dell's privatization deal was contingent on a shareholder vote. It doesn't matter two hoots whether Musk said he was only "considering", the point is he stated the deal had "funding secured" and was "contingent on shareholder vote". This implied an agreement was in place and THIS is the reason the regulators are looking into his tweets. And this is why everyone was waiting for the 8K to see what it would reveal. When it was evident there was no 8K coming, the stock went back to before the tweets. What he did was blatant market manipulation and for any investor (either long and short) you should be outraged that the CEO of a large cap company would show such contempt for the rules. Of course sure Tesla just likes to do things in an unorthodox way which absolves it from any wrongdoing, right? :confused:

These were buyout talks. Where do they say they secured funding? If they already had them there were be no need for more talks and the stock would be halted for news.
    Previous to all this he has warned the shorts that they should get out or pay the consequences.

Please SU about the shorts already.

Fact check
    zpehtsfd
    "When it was evident there was no 8K coming, the stock went back to before the tweets."

Before the tweet $342 now at $358 with funding secured clarified. It has not gone back to $342 since the tweet despite the NASDAQ falling since then.

Lets wait for the SEC to make their decision. For the share price to make the investors view clearer. For the big share holders to desert Musk. In the mean time try posting facts please.

Looking like Elon should have bought a diesel he's after running out of power and had to swing by Osama Plaza on the way to 420.

Yes Monkey Tesla is doomed for sure

“Evercore ISI analyst George Galliers wrote in a note to clients today following his visit:

“Tesla seems well on the way to achieving a steady weekly production rate of 5,000 to 6,000 units per week. We are incrementally positive on Tesla following our visit. We have confidence in their production. We did not see anything to suggest that Model 3 cannot reach 6k units per week, and 7k to 8k with very little incremental capital expenditure.””

Yes Monkey Tesla is doomed for sure

“Evercore ISI analyst George Galliers wrote in a note to clients today following his visit:

“Tesla seems well on the way to achieving a steady weekly production rate of 5,000 to 6,000 units per week. We are incrementally positive on Tesla following our visit. We have confidence in their production. We did not see anything to suggest that Model 3 cannot reach 6k units per week, and 7k to 8k with very little incremental capital expenditure.””

You mean the same Evercore that is waiting to hear back from the Tesla Committee about whether they will use them as their financial advisor on the go-private BS deal? Not to mention the same Evercore that was positive on the Solarcity deal, that every man on the street knew was a shambles and just a way for Musk and his cousin to cash out. By the way Solarcity is on its last legs now so watch them bury it in the 10k so Musk will never have to mention it again and the fanboys will be oblivious.

Looking forward to seeing what the SEC do. Hopefully they stand firm and Musk gets what he deserves.

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    You mean the same Evercore that is waiting to hear back from the Tesla Committee about whether they will use them as their financial advisor on the go-private BS deal? Not to mention the same Evercore that was positive on the Solarcity deal, that every man on the street knew was a shambles and just a way for Musk and his cousin to cash out. By the way Solarcity is on its last legs now so watch them bury it in the 10k so Musk will never have to mention it again and the fanboys will be oblivious.

Looking forward to seeing what the SEC do. Hopefully they stand firm and Musk gets what he deserves.

The only thing that’s getting buried week after week is the thoughts of clueless posters and media outlets who try to discredit Tesla.

Let’s see what you will be smearing with when they are producing at 8,000 - 10,000 Model 3 per week next year and a shovel breaking ground on a Chinese Gigafactory.

There will be something, of course, but it will mean nothing But noise. Tesla will be profitable this year and some of the future capital expenditure will be able to be financed internally, that which won’t be financed internally will be easily gotten externally after proven they can be profitable and by then most the rats will crawl back into the their sewers and admit defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

The only thing that’s getting buried week after week is the thoughts of clueless posters and media outlets who try to discredit Tesla.

Let’s see what you will be smearing with when they are producing at 8,000 - 10,000 Model 3 per week next year and a shovel breaking ground on a Chinese Gigafactory.

There will be something, of course, but it will mean nothing But noise. Tesla will be profitable this year and some of the future capital expenditure will be able to be financed internally, that which won’t be financed internally will be easily gotten externally after proven they can be profitable and by then most the rats will crawl back into the their sewers and admit defeat.

You appear to be extremely emotionally attached to Elon and Tesla. Perhaps it's clouding your judgement? :o

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement

Fact check
    Before the tweet $342 now at $358 with funding secured clarified. It has not gone back to $342 since the tweet despite the NASDAQ falling since then.

335 now.
    el diablo wrote: »
    You appear to be extremely emotionally attached to Elon and Tesla. Perhaps it's clouding your judgement? :o

You mean taking out a loan to buy Tesla shares at 379 wasn't a good idea?
    420 guaranteed, free money.

Advertisement