Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eight years ago, my life changed because of drugs. My story.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I've been on a much worse road. Never pricked around with acid but I'm sure it was probably mixed with something I done.
    It's not a nice road to be on and if it wasn't for my family and 2 very good friends I'd probably be dead .

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Smidge wrote: »
    I have read your posts throughout the thread and tbh, I am not sure what to make of them.
    People have given their experiences of using drugs, mostly by far in the negative.
    I have never done drugs and drink very rarely(similar to yourself ).
    However, you lack of understanding of even discussing the subject without blame and judgment is very usual to say the least.
    You are either very very young with little life experience so have no empathy in place yet for when people fall down (which if this is the case, believe me, when bad **** happens to you which it envitably will do, you will then totally get the point ) or else you are a lot older and have lived a very sheltered life and judge everyone harshly who have done differently to the life you have led.
    Either way, your posts and the moral high horse they rode in on are dated. And that's to say the least.
    I applaud the op and other people's honesty with regards to drug use
    If more people spoke about the crappy side of drug use then maybe there could be a valuable conversation about it.

Except there's been loads of comments saying it's about education and that they've done drugs and nothing bad has happened. AKA it's ok to do drugs as long as nothing bad happens to you.

I wonder do you have the same attitude towards the drug mule in Peru?

Do you feel sorry for other people who make a decision that they know can have consequences....for example a murderer.

Or how about a druggy kills someone in your family? Would you feel sorry for them?

How about someone going 60mph in a 30mph zone that drives into a pedestrian?

Very interested to hear your answer on this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 794 ✭✭✭TheHillOfDoom

Except there's been loads of comments saying it's about education and that they've done drugs and nothing bad has happened. AKA it's ok to do drugs as long as nothing bad happens to you.

I wonder do you have the same attitude towards the drug mule in Peru?

Do you feel sorry for other people who make a decision that they know can have consequences....for example a murderer.

Or how about a druggy kills someone in your family? Would you feel sorry for them?

How about someone going 60mph in a 30mph zone that drives into a pedestrian?

Very interested to hear your answer on this.

In the above cases you are talking about murder and manslaughter.

Drug addiction is a different thing. *Sigh

armaghlad wrote: »
    What do you do for fun then? Apart from talk ****e on here of course.

How exactly should people with a history of drug problems be treated? Ostracised?

I'd say closer to millions. If you consider the more dangerous, life-threatening drugs alcohol and tobacco.

Should they all tell lies then to fit your agenda?

Presumably then if the government say it's legal does that make it ok then? Cos you know two of the worst drugs are legal and are sold and consumed in a multi million euro industry here in Ireland.

How dare they take something that the government says is bold!? Why can't we all be good croppies and take government-approved drugs like alcohol and tobacco. I just wish more people had your right wing tendencies Marty. I mean you don't even need to drink to have fun!

LOL

For one, I don't drink or smoke so your little "I'll get him with the alcohol and fags thing because he definitely does one".

What do I do to have fun? Well...like you can still enter a pub even if you don't drink alcohol...you know?

Sounds like you need to drink to have fun with your friends...me, I just have friends and I have fun that way. I don't need any substance to change my personality like most of the population in this country.

Anyways pointless comparing drug use to alcohol as alcohol industry is regulated and tests have been performed to determine safe limits.

Keep on armaghlad. Keep on buying your coke and putting bullets in the guns that kill innocent people. Keep on.

In the above cases you are talking about murder and manslaughter.

Drug addiction is a different thing. *Sigh

Who mentioned addicition??

Is this the new excuse for not taking responsibility for your actions?

Sorry I didn't come to work today, I was addicted to not working.

• Advertisement

LOL

For one, I don't drink or smoke so your little "I'll get him with the alcohol and fags thing because he definitely does one".

What do I do to have fun? Well...like you can still enter a pub even if you don't drink alcohol...you know?

Sounds like you need to drink to have fun with your friends...me, I just have friends and I have fun that way. I don't need any substance to change my personality like most of the population in this country.

Anyways pointless comparing drug use to alcohol as alcohol industry is regulated and tests have been performed to determine safe limits.

Keep on armaghlad. Keep on buying your coke and putting bullets in the guns that kill innocent people. Keep on.

So you go to pubs to have fun with friends who have used substances to change their personalities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

LOL

Oh Ho Marty boyo. I can tell already you're the life and soul...

I mentioned alcohol and tobacco because, as you well know, despite being heavily taxed and regulated, they are still the biggest killers. I've already read about your pioneer status and fair play to you; but I didn't make any assumption about you being a smoker or drinker.

As for you making assumptions about me, you don't know me so just leave that aside because it makes you come across as a fúcking moron.

Just maybe broaden your horizons a bit yeah? You might learn something.

So you go to pubs to have fun with friends who have used substances to change their personalities?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

I've read a few pages and I want people to stop thanking posts about people being off their heads on drugs. That's part of the f.ucking problem

I concur.

Taking drugs is a mugs game for several reasons.
    Not least is that society has to shoulder the cost of the fallout from people taking drugs.

If people choose to take drugs that's their business.
    Unfortunately the fallout from their taking drugs can destroy their relationships, increase crime levels, expend limited healthcare time and resources. These abusers should be left to deal with the consequences themselves.

Drugs abusers should be left to fend for themselves and incur the consequences of their delinquency. Society would be far better off without these delinquents.

Oh Ho Marty boyo. I can tell already you're the life and soul...

I mentioned alcohol and tobacco because, as you well know, despite being heavily taxed and regulated, they are still the biggest killers. I've already read about your pioneer status and fair play to you; but I didn't make any assumption about you being a smoker or drinker.

As for you making assumptions about me, you don't know me so just leave that aside because it makes you come across as a fúcking moron.

Just maybe broaden your horizons a bit yeah? You might learn something.

I know you enough to know you love using sarcasm to make yourself seem smarter and above another poster. ;)

You did make an assumption, otherwise why would you bring alcohol and fags into the conversation?

You assumed I differentiated drugs, alcohol and fags where in fact, I don't.

Kudos on using the "I bet you're the life and soul of the party" you big party animal, larger than life, bubbly, buzzer of the year you.

But keep on armaghlad, keep on fuelling the deaths of innocent people in cold blood.

• Advertisement

hinault wrote: »
    I concur.

Not least is that society has to shoulder the cost of the fallout from people taking drugs.

Unfortunately the fallout from their taking drugs can destroy their relationships, increase crime levels, expend limited healthcare time and resources. These abusers should be left to deal with the consequences themselves.

Drugs abusers should be left to fend for themselves and incur the consequences of their delinquency. Society would be far better off without these delinquents.

Truth.

Apparently every drug user is an addict now and they shouldn't be held accountable for their actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

I concur.

you are talking through your hoop.
    drug use is widespread yet you only hear of problem cases , what about the many people who live life to the full and indulge on occasion and their stories do not get highlighted.
    regular over indulgence in anything is harmful not just drugs.
    the vast vast majority of people take drugs without any serious negative consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

Cool yer jets there Uncle Adolf.

Having said that, crack is whack mofs.

To be fair, I don't think the OP is looking for sympathy. I read it that he is trying to warn others of the dangers.

Ah now lets not deny the poster the right to be so flippant and self righteous in spite of the OP's brutal honesty and willingness to lay himself bare.

arayess wrote: »
    you are talking through your hoop.
    drug use is widespread yet you only hear of problem cases , what about the many people who live life to the full and indulge on occasion and their stories do not get highlighted.
    regular over indulgence in anything is harmful not just drugs.
    the vast vast majority of people take drugs without any serious negative consequences.

Same thing can be said for drink drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Yup. We live in an age where everything is fine.

You don't see yourself as a man or a woman....that's fine.

You want to marry a tree? That's fine.

Looking forward to the Equality for Trees referendum in 2017

Looking forward to the Equality for Trees referendum in 2017

Mine was sarcasm, but yeah...wouldn't surprise me these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

I concur.

Does that count for legal drugs as well or is it just illegal drugs?

I know you enough to know you love using sarcasm to make yourself seem smarter and above another poster. ;)
    I, or anyone else for that matter, doesn't need sarcasm when dealing with boyos like you ;)
    You did make an assumption, otherwise why would you bring alcohol and fags into the conversation?
    Hmmm, it just might have something to do with them being the two drugs that cause the most deaths? I mean the figures don't lie, and they're both legal. Maybe you should readdress your approach to drugs, saying as you clearly have no problem with some drugs being legal and others not.
    Yet you'll happily frequent pubs? Places that sell the one of the worst drugs. Do you not think that's slightly hypocritical?
    Kudos on using the "I bet you're the life and soul of the party" you big party animal, larger than life, bubbly, buzzer of the year you.
    We should go for a pint sometime. Club orange for you of course.
    But keep on armaghlad, keep on fuelling the deaths of innocent people in cold blood.
    I don't take drugs, booze is enough for me. If you're insinuating something else however I'd ask you to carefully elaborate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

I've taken illegal drugs many times in the past (not near as regular these days though, a few drinks does me lovely now), I'm neither proud nor ashamed of that but it's a fact and guess what, I enjoyed the experience on the vast majority of occasions. Nothing went wrong, didn't feel unwell, never harmed anybody or myself and on the few occasions I didn't enjoy the drugs, it was no big deal, it's exactly like going drinking when you're not really in the mood for it, just stop or sit it out and there shouldn't be a problem.

However the problem is you never hear a positive news story about drugs, we hear about tragic cases such as 'teen takes drugs and ends up in hospital' or even worse 'teen takes drugs and dies'. But they never report what happens the vast majority of times someone takes drugs = 'teen takes drugs and enjoys himself in largely uneventful night'.

When you exaggerate the dangers of drugs (and I'm certainly not saying they're all perfectly safe), then someone takes those drugs and enjoys themselves without any ill effects, they find out very quickly that they were lied to and as a result probably won't believe anything they were told about the dangers of drugs.

Keep it honest and balanced, don't be treating us all like complete idiots!

• Advertisement

I, or anyone else for that matter, doesn't need sarcasm when dealing with boyos like you ;)

Hmmm, it just might have something to do with them being the two drugs that cause the most deaths? I mean the figures don't lie, and they're both legal. Maybe you should readdress your approach to drugs, saying as you clearly have no problem with some drugs being legal and others not.
    Yet you'll happily frequent pubs? Places that sell the one of the worst drugs. Do you not think that's slightly hypocritical?

We should go for a pint sometime. Club orange for you of course.

I don't take drugs, booze is enough for me. If you're insinuating something else however I'd ask you to carefully elaborate.

Talking through your hoop now lad. :)

Who said I happily frequent pubs? Only time I'd go to a pub would be for a match or a game of pool.

What do you think of the catholic church lad?

Talking through your hoop now lad. :)

Who said I happily frequent pubs? Only time I'd go to a pub would be for a match or a game of pool.

What do you think of the catholic church lad?
    I suppose you go kicking and screaming...

I suppose you go kicking and screaming...

Ah. Not wanna answer lad? :)

Ah. Not wanna answer lad? :)
    I have no real opinion on the catholic church. That better Martin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Same thing can be said for drink drivers.

many things can be said about drink drivers

but non problematic drug use impinges nobody but the taker and their wallet(maybe their sleep)

there is no such thing as a non problematic drink driver they all run the risk of harming somebody.

However the problem is you never hear a positive news story about drugs,

I told you a positive news story about drugs. It was so good I was instantly addicted. Chawed the jaws off meself and couldn't wait to get more. THEN the **** hit the fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

The other issue with drugs (especially harder drugs like cocaine) is that people don't realize how close they are to some very dodgy people. Your friendly cocaine dealer may seem like the nicest guy in the world but if you mess up he will become a very different person or at least the people he has to answer to will if he tells them.

In my past I've seen some horrific things happen because I was in the vicinity of these sorts of people, persons at parties being knocked out and beaten to bloody pulps, machete attack, someone beaten with a tyre iron at a hotel and a user going into full blown pyschosis mood after 3 days awake and threatening everyone with a knife to 'stop talking about him behind his back'

Drugs are just nasty

While I am open to the idea of decriminalisation and regulation, I'd never advise anyone to try drugs apart from maybe cannabis which even then is completely overrated as a recreational drug (imo). Cocaine and ecstacy are cut with so much ****e nowadays I wouldn't touch the stuff, apart from being ripped off you'll probably not get the desired effects. Anything like heroin, meth etc is simply out of the question - all efforts should be made by authorities to remove these substances completely.

arayess wrote: »
    many things can be said about drink drivers

but non problematic drug use impinges nobody but the taker and their wallet(maybe their sleep)

there is no such thing as a non problematic drink driver they all run the risk of harming somebody.

Drugs is the same as alcohol. You can smash someones head open when off your head on either, you can cause fatal car crashes with either.

And then taking those drugs is fueling criminal activity where innocent people are killed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Drugs is the same as alcohol. You can smash someones head open when off your head on either, you can cause fatal car crashes with either..

On alcohol your inhibitions are lessened so you can smash open someone's head however at the end of the day you still have to have had the ability - no matter how small - to do that in the first place.

Ever seen someone during full blown cocaine induced psychosis? It doesn't matter who they are. They are turning violent and exceptionally violent.

Advertisement