Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eight years ago, my life changed because of drugs. My story.

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

wakka12 wrote: »
    I cant understand why somebody would want to take drugs like that? what goes through your head? Like not to promote alcohol and weed but do you need that much more fun than them..both provide a release...and don't **** you up for life
    LSD isn't nearly as mad as most people make out, especially in the dozes it's normally given out in. When I was in Spain they used it as a dance drug. In the smaller doses it just makes you happy with mild visuals. It's not that much different than MDMA, it just doesn't make you look like you're having a stroke as MDMA does.

In higher quantities it can be overwhelming, but I had one of the famous visions on LSD, the one where you can see through your skin, and rather than freak me out I was fascinated, I was amazed by how complicated my own body was.

As with any other drug if you start in a bad mood it can make things worse, the same as with drink.

I've never met anyone that's had any serious side effects from using LSD. Not saying they don't exist, but I've never met one, or met anyone else that's known one. I do know someone who lost the plot on head shop drugs.

There isn't even a comedown off LSD, one minute your flying, the next your back to normal as if you'd taken nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Mouseslayer17

Can you still get LSD?
    Did it in the early 90's but didn't fully appreciate it as was young,hope you are doing OK op

Can you still get LSD?
    Did it in the early 90's but didn't fully appreciate it as was young,hope you are doing OK op
    I don't think it's ever been popular in Ireland, I haven't heard of anybody having it since the early 90s either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

This might sound corny but I prefer to get high on the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sE4OG-TRTQ

I was quite happy that this thread had died.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭StaunchyDJ

ScumLord wrote: »
    Can you still get LSD?
    I don't think it's ever been popular in Ireland, I haven't heard of anybody having it since the early 90s either.

I've heard it's back in blotting paper form, heard of them going about EP also. Seek an ye shall find...! But, that is illegal and shall be spoken no more... Ibogaine now that is a different story, that is legal in our good Green Isle. It was even brought up in the Dail by one Pat Rabbit, it's out there in the vast space of the internet if your willing to look. Mr. Rabbit was questioning why a drug that could free 1000's of our loved ones free from methadone, heroin and all addictive drugs (my own words), nothing more ever mentioned. But last time I checked uts not banned in Ireland, an iboga distributor site confirmed this for me back in 2010 we were not on their non distribute list (same people who provide Sara Glatt who done 1 of the first documentaries on the subject to go main stream on the old Current TV).

My question is, is there anywhere here in the Republic that provides such services? I know I can contact a reputable place from the UK that will travel over and go through the process with you in a hotel. They too said it was legal in this Green Isle if ours!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

This might sound corny but I prefer to get high on the music.

Yeah, that's corny. :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Afraid that's not true. I did LSD a few times years back and my last trip was a bad one and I did have a sh*tty comedown off the stuff. Very unpleasant and edgy.

But I do agree that it really expands your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Had a buddy who went through a pretty heavy drug taking period. His favorite past time was getting high and talking about previous times he got high and how good it was. Nice guy but painful to listen to during that phase. OP, Good story and good warning. I think you just ****ed yourself by putting it in AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I was quite happy that this thread had died.

Apologies, didn't realise it had been revived from the depths!

Deleted my post.

Took me 10minutes to write that fúcker too:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Deleted my post.

I enjoyed reading your post (while it was still up).
    This is one of the more interesting threads in AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

I've never met anyone that's had any serious side effects from using LSD. Not saying they don't exist, but I've never met one, or met anyone else that's known one. I do know someone who lost the plot on head shop drugs.

There isn't even a comedown off LSD, one minute your flying, the next your back to normal as if you'd taken nothing.

Met a few acid casualties and knew a few acid casualties. It can be a very potent drug.

I think there can be a pretty heavy V and physiological come down from LSD. Most of the times I took LSD the comedown was not as easy as you say. It took hours sometimes to come down. One moment you appear to be down the next you are right back up. You could think that everything was back to normal and them you try to have a conversation or cross a road and you realise that you are not of sound mind. Some of my come downs were roller coaster up and down rides one lasting well over 12 hours.

Deleted my post.

Ha, no problem. Just a reminder of my sometimes chaotic past seeing it on the front of AH again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

I cant understand why somebody would want to take drugs like that? what goes through your head? Like not to promote alcohol and weed but do you need that much more fun than them..both provide a release...and don't **** you up for life

Alcohol don't **** up your life ?? Are you kidding me, it ****s up more peoples life's in this country than all the other drugs put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Alcohol don't **** up your life ?? Are you kidding me, it ****s up more peoples life's in this country than all the other drugs put together.

Thats only because of the extremely high usage of alcohol. If as many people took LSD and other drugs then we would have much more people with ruined lives because of those drugs than alchohol. The vast majority of people use alcohol without it having any negative impact on their life

The vast majority of people use alcohol without it having any negative impact on their life

You can say the same thing about practically every drug. Some are worse than others, but they all have a couple of things in common, namely

The effects are enjoyable.
    They're unlikely to do you too much harm in moderation.

It's the moderation part that's the killer - most people can have a sociable pint and get on with their lives the following day, but 1 in every 20 or 30 or so will just make a pig of themselves till they pass out or run out of money and will end up with a drink problem or dead from an alcohol overdose.
    Very same thing happens with every other drug - some people just don't do moderation!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

That's just not true. I have still felt the effects for most of a full day after.

lol

J Mysterio wrote: »
    That's just not true. I have still felt the effects for most of a full day after.
    It was true for me and the people I was with. I haven't used it more than 5 or 6 times in my life and the last time was nearly ten years ago but I distinctly remember it just ended and bar the fact I was tired from being at a rave all night I felt fine. It's nowhere near as bad as the comedown from MDMA or alcohol.

I always had a wicked come down from lsd and the head was certainly never right the next day. It was the trying to get to sleep part that was killer though...

Window open. Window closed. Lights on. Lights off. Radio on. Radio off. Curtains open. Curtains closed. Quilt on. Quilt off. Pillow this way. Pillow that way. Lying this side. Lying that side.

Then you'd be just about to fall asleep and you'd move barely an inch and it's off again.

Window open. Window closed.......

• Advertisement

Appropriate username

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

TheTorment wrote: »
    I always had a wicked come down from lsd and the head was certainly never right the next day. It was the trying to get to sleep part that was killer though

I never had any come down as such from it, but it didn't just abruptly stop either, it gradually calmed down over a few hours, next day I was always right as rain physically, but sometimes it took a long, long time to shake it off mentally. Luckily I never had a full on bad trip, I can imagine it could really leave a lasting impression if something went horribly wrong.
    I can certainly see it pushing a vulnerable person over the edge, no matter how objectively crazy the trip - when you're there it is absolutely real. Perception is our reality!
    I haven't touched acid in donkeys years and even now every once in a while I find myself thinking something like, what if that sofa really is breathing and I just can't see it.

One time (on shrooms mind, not acid) I could see sound coming from speakers like bubbles of liquid floating in space, it was one of the coolest things I've ever experienced, absolutely amazed me. But some people (synesthetes) can see sound or taste colour all the time - that is just reality for them. We all perceive the world differently - reality is nothing like we think it is, we may never even get to know an objective reality, if one even exists at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Seanachai

TheTorment wrote: »
    I always had a wicked come down from lsd and the head was certainly never right the next day. It was the trying to get to sleep part that was killer though

I never had any come down as such from it, but it didn't just abruptly stop either, it gradually calmed down over a few hours, next day I was always right as rain physically, but sometimes it took a long, long time to shake it off mentally. Luckily I never had a full on bad trip, I can imagine it could really leave a lasting impression if something went horribly wrong. 
    I can certainly see it pushing a vulnerable person over the edge, no matter how objectively crazy the trip - when you're there it is absolutely real. Perception is our reality!
    I haven't touched acid in donkeys years and even now every once in a while I find myself thinking something like, what if that sofa really is breathing and I just can't see it.

One time (on shrooms mind, not acid) I could see sound coming from speakers like bubbles of liquid floating in space, it was one of the coolest things I've ever experienced, absolutely amazed me. But some people (synesthetes) can see sound or taste colour all the time - that is just reality for them. We all perceive the world differently - reality is nothing like we think it is, we may never even get to know an objective reality, if one even exists at all!
    I think reality is whatever vista you happen to be tuned into at any one time, I suspect that we more or less see everyday reality the same with a little variance, within a certain limit, otherwise we wouldn't be able to communicate with each other. You will find that some are a lot more perceptive than others and can pick up on things that they don't seem to notice. The issue with psychedelics is that they can open people up to too much reality at too high a rate, some are too hungry also and end up getting their wings burned. I'm interested to see how the research with using psilocybin for PTSD and other mental issues progresses.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

"...now here's Tom with the weather!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

mzungu wrote: »
    "...now here's Tom with the weather!"

UFOs over eastern counties this evening, will finally clear the east coast soon after midnight; scattered asteroids will continue in the west overnight. Reality will gradually break-up everywhere and temperatures will fall to between -10 and really f*cking hot leading to a widespread freakout around dawn with trippy patches. Light to moderate southwest flashing lights.

Thanks mzungu

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

cassid wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing your story. I have just put my children to bed and I read this, I am thinking to myself, how the hell I am going to watch them when they are older.

I remember years ago listening to Gerry Ryan and the drugged up housewifes of Ireland. There were so many women who called in or left messages who were addicted to medication given by doctors or over the counter. There was one women, sounded like a normal women with a family who could not get through her day without 24 neurofen. She was one of many. I wonder is it any different now in Ireland ?

Thank you for this. I suffered what a great Uk group calls "involuntary tranquilliser addiction"for decades. Getting myself clear of those drugs took a year of pain.

Many pharmacies now are keeping a tab on codeine usage; but benzos are still being over prescribed. Lost count of the times i have been offered them when all that was needed was a little time and talk.

To buy e. g Nurofen in pharmacies you now have, in theory, to say why you need them.

if you google codeine addiction Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

The biggest problem I had with LSD was the enormous capacity it gave me for beer.. it was like throwing pints into a barrell of sawdust. I'm not sure if it affected my personality though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Seanachai

The biggest problem I had with LSD was the enormous capacity it gave me for beer.. it was like throwing pints into a barrell of sawdust. I'm not sure if it affected my personality though.

Same with amphetamines, they seem to switch off the normal gauge for how drunk/full you are. They seem to be a rarity in Ireland though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement