Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 33 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Think I'm benching Payet also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

siblers wrote: »
    I'd avoid Coleman and Baines, they offer poor attacking returns, plus Baines is injury prone. Palace have good 33 fixtures but awful 34 fixtures so you'll have to keep that in mind. As for AOA, what would your team be?

It's a hard enough call, could see Firmino/Coutinho outscoring either of them in one game over 2 for Palace but it Palace do find some form, Bolaise will most likely have some involvement in their goals so is a good differential.

My AOA team is

Mignolet

Coleman Delaney (Sagna Bellerin Gabriel)

Sanchez KDB Barkley or Mahrez Zaha Lanzini

Aguero Lukaku (c) Martial

Or TC Lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Not sure if Lanzini or Martial will get very good returns with their fixtures but your defenders don't have great fixtures either. I think the AOA chip is pretty hard to get good returns with, have you used your bench boost?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Chesty08 wrote: »
    My AOA team is

Mignolet

Coleman Delaney (Sagna Bellerin Gabriel)

Sanchez KDB Barkley or Mahrez Zaha Lanzini

Aguero Lukaku (c) Martial

Or TC Lukaku.

Sagna home to WB > Lanzini against Arsenal IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Think I'm benching Payet also

Similar front 8 to me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Think I'll be playing 5-3-2 this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Played my WC this week and this is what I have so far

Robles, Schmeichel
    PVA, Cresswell, Bellerin, Darmian, Ake
    KDB, Sanchez, Payet, Coutinho, Alli
    Aguero, Rashford, ?

Still some tinkering to do but happy enough with how it's turning out, trying to fit Lukaku in is the headache, .9 too short.

Lights On wrote: »
    Played my WC this week and this is what I have so far

Robles, Schmeichel
    PVA, Cresswell, Bellerin, Darmian, Ake
    KDB, Sanchez, Payet, Coutinho, Alli
    Aguero, Rashford, ?

Still some tinkering to do but happy enough with how it's turning out, trying to fit Lukaku in is the headache, .9 too short.

Cresswell - Sakho
    Get Lukaku in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

lougal88 wrote: »
    Cresswell - Sakho
    Get Lukaku in.

Good shout with Sakho, had forgotten how cheap he was!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Starting to get the Dann fear and thinking about getting rid of Cresswell for him but West Ham have better fixtures in 34 so it might not be worth it. Someone talk me out of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Thinking of flogging Kane to bolster my WC Midfield, good or bad idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Dempsey wrote: »

A lot of people will be doing similar.

A lot of people will be doing similar.

Alot will be doing it but will it be a good decision is the question.

Alot of funds tied up in him but there is few better to have. Very few of the DGW strikers are appealing to me :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Dempsey wrote: »

Depends on who you can get in tbh. A kane + X vs Y + Z comparison would be helpful!

Depends on who you can get in tbh. A kane + X vs Y + Z comparison would be helpful!

Playing WC to get

Adrian
    Forster to Ruddy
    Ward
    Daniels to Clichy
    Bellerin
    Simpson
    Alderweireld to ????
    Ozil to Sanchez
    Payet
    Alli to ????
    Fabregas to De Bruyne
    Mahrez to Bolasie
    Kane
    Aguero
    Vardy to Lukaku

9.4m to spend on a defender and midfielder. The idea is that selling Kane would free up funds to strengthen 2 other positions and give me a DGW player for himself.

Stumped at the minute as to what combination gives me the most potential.

Will be bench boosting in 34

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

Don't know what the ****** to do! Can anyone give me some suggestions? I have every single chip left to use and I have my wildcard yet to use. and I have 4.5m in the bank. I also have just 1 available transfer this week(if i weren't to use the wildcard)

Team:
    Hennessey, de Gea
    Huth, Sagna, Azpilicueta, Fonte, Targett
    Barkley, Payet, Sanchez, Mahrez & Alli
    Ighalo, Kane, Vardy

Any suggestions? Which chip should I use? Should i use the wildcard this week?
    One thing I was thinking was transfering Kane to Lukaku and using my triple captain with Lukaku, but does anyone have any other alternatives? Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

united2k11 wrote: »
    Don't know what the ****** to do! Can anyone give me some suggestions? I have every single chip left to use and I have my wildcard yet to use. and I have 4.5m in the bank. I also have just 1 available transfer this week(if i weren't to use the wildcard)

Team:
    Hennessey, de Gea
    Huth, Sagna, Azpilicueta, Fonte, Targett
    Barkley, Payet, Sanchez, Mahrez & Alli
    Ighalo, Kane, Vardy

Any suggestions? Which chip should I use? Should i use the wildcard this week?
    One thing I was thinking was transfering Kane to Lukaku and using my triple captain with Lukaku, but does anyone have any other alternatives? Thanks!!

Go read the Double Gameweek Planning thread. I'm pretty sure we've discussed just about every possibility about this weekend and the two weeks that follows.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭siblers

You need to get rid of Ighaloo (for Lukaku), Targett and probably Sagna, look to get in some players for the double gameweek in 34 but keep in mind gw35 as there aren't full fixtures. You should consider attacking City players too. Come up with a draft team and people will guide you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

On Wildcard,haven't had a pile of time to think about my team.....how does this look like to benefit from Palace/Everton DGW and then make some transfers if needs be.Any advice much appreciated!!😀

Robles
    Huth Dann Bellerin
    Bolasie Coutinho Barkley KDB
    Aguero Kane Lukaku (C)

Subs- Mignolet Payet Simpson Fonte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

On Wildcard,haven't had a pile of time to think about my team.....how does this look like to benefit from Palace/Everton DGW and then make some transfers if needs be.Any advice much appreciated!!😀

Robles
    Huth Dann Bellerin
    Aguero Kane Lukaku (C)

The only thing I can see "wrong" there is lack of Arsenal attack.

I'm wondering too if we're all putting too much faith in Everton/Palace attacking returns. Other reliable options that are proven performers (Alli, Mahrez, Sanchez/Ozil, Payet, Sigurdsson) are losing out.

I like that team overall. Just playing devils advocate and thinking out loud somewhat...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I'm wondering too if we're all putting too much faith in Everton/Palace attacking returns. Other reliable options that are proven performers (Alli, Mahrez, Sanchez/Ozil, Payet, Sigurdsson) are losing out.
    I think it's the 4 games vs 2 that leads us in that direction. I'd have played it very differently if there was not this back to back doubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

iroced wrote: »
    I think it's the 4 games vs 2 that leads us in that direction. I'd have played it very differently if there was not this back to back doubles.

Ah ya. That's it in a nutshell. I suppose I'm just wary because around this time last year I trebled up on Pool and Arsenal players for a double gameweek (2 separate gameweeks actually). They blanked. :(
    Once bitten twice shy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

On Wildcard,haven't had a pile of time to think about my team.....how does this look like to benefit from Palace/Everton DGW and then make some transfers if needs be.Any advice much appreciated!!��

Robles
    Huth Dann Bellerin
    Aguero Kane Lukaku (C)

Thanks for replies....literally haven't the time to suss much out....how would that squad leave me fixed for GW 35?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Sigurdsson out, Barkley in.

Aenaes wrote: »
    Sigurdsson out, Barkley in.

Barkley hasn't scored since November if you discount the penalties he scored when Lukaku and Baines were off the pitch. I'd definitely steer clear at that price.

Barkley hasn't scored since November if you discount the penalties he scored when Lukaku and Baines were off the pitch. I'd definitely steer clear at that price.

Do you think any other EVE mid is any better though?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Kinda ****ed myself up by playing my WC at the end of Jan but onwards and upwards.

I'm going to have to drop points this week in preparation for next week. I might drop Ali for Bolasie.

At the moment I'm at a crossroads between Sanchez or De Bruyne.

What say ye?

Do you think any other EVE mid is any better though?

Lennon is far better value imo, think he has outscored Lukaku over the last while or even switch across to Bolasie

Lennon is far better value imo, think he has outscored Lukaku over the last while or even switch across to Bolasie

I have Lennon myself but starting to wish I had Barkley for fear of rotation.

EVE will line up something like:
    Barry McCarthy/Cleverly
    Cleverly/Mirallas Barkley Lennon/Deulofeu
    Lukaku
    IMO Barkley is the only real definite in the Midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I have Lennon myself but starting to wish I had Barkley for fear of rotation.

EVE will line up something like:
    Barry McCarthy/Cleverly
    Cleverly/Mirallas Barkley Lennon/Deulofeu
    Lukaku
    IMO Barkley is the only real definite in the Midfield.

With Barry back in the fold it does make Barkley more appealing all right. However if I bring him in for Alli it probably means benching Payet/Firmino instead. As already pointed out things will become a lot clearer after this GW. Tempted to roll the FT this week, play Hennessey and Lukaku only as my DGWs. and put up with the loss in value on Toby Alli (and Vardy). Oh how I wish Spurs/United was tomorrow instead!

Advertisement