Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl dated con man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

You seem very put out

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Silentsoul666

Well not exactly lost money, he spent money on them both and so did she. Granted it was probably as he had no where to stay and he was getting hotels paid by the loan then she returned the favor. That is all I can see he gained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

Well not exactly lost money, he spent money on them both and so did she. Granted it was probably as he had no where to stay and he was getting hotels paid by the loan then she returned the favor. That is all I can see he gained.

Did your friend have much in the form of text messages or emails from this man? Does she have them saved? It might be worth her while to save them just in case she needs to go to the Gardaí.

You wrote as well that he's known to the Gardaí. Is there anything at all that you or your friend could catch him for? He's clearly unwell in the head. I think it's despicable to say his parents died to get out from a hole he dug himself with lies. His parents probably know nothing of this side to him. He probably conceals this from them. With him so sick in the head, there's no knowing what other stuff he can do like assaults etc.

He badly needs to be up in front of a judge, that's for sure. A judge will be able to order a psychiatic report and get him the help he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Did your friend have much in the form of text messages or emails from this man? Does she have them saved? It might be worth her while to save them just in case she needs to go to the Gardaí.

You wrote as well that he's known to the Gardaí. Is that anything at all that you could catch him for? He's clearly unwell in the head. I think it's despicable to say his parents died to get out from a hole he dug himself with lies. His parents probably know nothing of this side to him. He probably conceals this from them. With him so sick in the head, there's no knowing what other stuff he can do like assaults etc.

He badly needs to be up in front of a judge, that's for sure. A judge will be able to order a psychiatic report and get him the help he needs.

Apart from managing to convince one gullible person to give him money, what harm did he do to himself or anyone else that warrants any of this?

Someone who thinks it's normal to accept trips and concert tickets from someone they've known for a maximum of 5 weeks needs at least an equal level of examination.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

I know two guys like him.
    Always on the make,doing a bit of this and that.
    Telling tall stories, driving fancy cars wearing expensive threads.
    Couldn't work to warm themselves.
    They're usually deluded,and would make great preacher's or head of some dodgy religion.

He was known to police, his parents spoke to gardai when they called to see if he was in danger.
    He was emailing her basically saying he was going to off himself and she informed garda and they had a look and said don't open any more of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Tasden wrote: »
    Personally, I'd be more concerned about the lie of his mother dying when she's actually alive.

I know someone's father who has died several times ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

gozunda wrote: »
    I know someone's father who has died several times ...

For a second I was wondering what has that got to do with anything, then I realised :pac:

If nothing else, the chances of being caught out with such a big lie are fairly high like, especially at family occasions

Turns out it was almost 9 weeks not 5. But still same difference.
    Who mentioned they know someone who sounds familiar? By any chance is he really slim and very tall?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

advice for women meeting a new man for the first time,,

believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear

Is that the same the other way round too?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Why would the guards know him??? What did he actually do like? Apart from a few empty promises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

By any chance was it Kenny Senior? Works in the Phoenix club in Bolton?

As he done something similar to two other girls he was reported befor maybe he got money or something from them.
    Apparently he is going into prison prison now from Tuesday. Maybe more lies. She is there feeling sorry for him. Just wanna give her a reality slap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

I mentioned here before about a girl I knew who started dating this man for a few months. He told her he was Scottish and was in Galway as part of some high flying career but it turned out he was from somewhere like Longford and I think he worked in a pub. Pure compulsive liar. I wouldn't call him a con man though. Mentally unstable yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

All men are bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I'd love to read it but it's giving me a headache. :/ Is it just a case of an innocent girl meeting a guy who's a tw@t?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

sozbox wrote: »
    Is that the same the other way round too?

you are right, it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

OK random thing happened to a girl I know, want to see if anyone came across anything like this befor or what you think he was trying to achieve.

OK I'll leave specifics out as there's Alot to this story,
    Basically this girl meets a guy on a course about five weeks ago, start dating. This guy came across as successful smart, said he had his own businesses and all.

Just to clarify, this all occurred over five weeks? ahm glad the polis are aware of him but it's no exactly helpful tae others that end up trusting him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

I think I dated his sister :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I think I dated his sister :(

Was she ok? Or is this more horrible like the family was caught up in the lying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

It sounds strangely familiar, a bit like the mad stories my boss told about bonuses and pay increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

OP is this person bald/shaved head and live in Galway but from Donegal? (Or speak with northern accent?)

He is bald alright but defo a dub. He said he was from galway or at least lived there when younger.
    And sorry I did correct it saying it was 9 weeks not 5, but still such a mad thing to do.
    Anyways think finally got through to her about it, when he disappeared he was emailing a load of stuff every day and she was starting to feel sorry for him what ever he was saying but eventually blocked him.

Was also thinking he was prob doing all this to try get his hands on some of their money. As in pulling another story like oh lost my bank card can you get a quick loan from credo, but prob realised at wrong house lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Can we stop this 'your friend' charade and just direct the OP directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Sono

What a bizarre thread, I'm none the better for reading it.