Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool v Tottenham 5:30pm Saturday 2nd April

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

It's amazing what perspective people can have in one single year. Just looked on Facebook comments at things like Tottenhams official posts on the game, BBC Sport etc..

The comments are horrific. Majority of people and likes seem to despise Spurs this season. It's amazing. I've never seen so many people pipe up about how much they hate Spurs and calling Spurs fans deluded for wanting to win the league. Aside from Leicester we are doing everything the right way. We didn't buy our way to success. We have made a profit 5 years straight. We are more exciting that Leicester. The scorelines we've won by show this. Easily the most exciting team to watch in the league this season.

I guess this is what happens when you score the most goals and concede the least and sit in second in the league. Everyone is jealous.

Personally I think the hate is welcome if it means we'll play this sort of football and be in this sort of position for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Glebee

I dont get the hate, what did poor old Spurs ever do to anybody?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

irishmover wrote: »
    It's amazing what perspective people can have in one single year. Just looked on Facebook comments at things like Tottenhams official posts on the game, BBC Sport etc..

The comments are horrific. Majority of people and likes seem to despise Spurs this season. It's amazing. I've never seen so many people pipe up about how much they hate Spurs and calling Spurs fans deluded for wanting to win the league. Aside from Leicester we are doing everything the right way. We didn't buy our way to success. We have made a profit 5 years straight. We are more exciting that Leicester. The scorelines we've won by show this. Easily the most exciting team to watch in the league this season.

I guess this is what happens when you score the most goals and concede the least and sit in second in the league. Everyone is jealous.

Personally I think the hate is welcome if it means we'll play this sort of football and be in this sort of position for years.

I don't waste much time listening to opinions on Facebook, but in the real world I've only heard a positive response from from non-Spurs fans.

I don't waste much time listening to opinions on Facebook, but in the real world I've only heard a positive response from from non-Spurs fans.

That's good to hear. I'm in Brisbane and barely know anyone outside of the Spurs supporters club so only really have the interweb to go by.

There's a lot of hate for us even in the Soccer forum aswell though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

It's just jealous Liverpool,UTD and Chelsea fans doing the hate cos we're up there where they think they should be.fcuk them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Agreed.

Automatic Champions League is key for me. The league title is a distant dream.

Had a look at Arsenal's run in there.... They have it easiest out of the top three. Worrying.

How you make that out, away to city, west ham and Sunderland, London derby at home to palace, all teams with something to play for
    Far from easy

Far from a distant dream, granted if Leicester win today it's a very big ask but a distant dream, no way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

How you make that out, away to city, west ham and Sunderland, London derby at home to palace, all teams with something to play for
    Far from easy

Far from a distant dream, granted if Leicester win today it's a very big ask but a distant dream, no way

Sunderland and Palace are not tricky for a back in form Arsenal. Saying that, we're in good form too and should win the majority of our remaining games.

Second is now a realistic. But for the title we'd need Leicester to lose about three games, when they've only lost three all season.

I'm not being negative, 2nd place was a dream at the start of the season too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Sunderland and Palace are not tricky for a back in form Arsenal. Saying that, we're in good form too and should win the majority of our remaining games.

Second is now a realistic. But for the title we'd need Leicester to lose about three games, when they've only lost three all season.

they could easily draw 3 of their last 7. They'd still win it by a point though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

tippspur wrote: »
    It's just jealous Liverpool,UTD and Chelsea fans doing the hate cos we're up there where they think they should be.fcuk them all.

I'm a United fan and I'd have no problem with Spurs winning it. Leicester would be my preferred choice just for the sheer craziness of the way things turned around since last season but Spurs winning it is fine by me.
    Liverpool fans on boards hate almost every other club, well a large proportion of them anyway, the bitterness is comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

They are posed, Wes ****ing Morgan is now scoring goals,

• Advertisement

It's Leicesters title now I'd say,another 1-0 win for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Interesting story breaking around allegations of performance enhancing drugs being prescribed by a dodgy doctor. Cricketers. Cyclists, Footballers and in particular Leicester players. Only an allegation. Loving the twist.

Feckin knew Leicester were on something :(

tippspur wrote: »
    Feckin knew Leicester were on something :(

All going off one doctor who was caught undercover. Clubs have come out and said it's completely untrue so we will see.

Personally I wouldn't like to win the league this way and I highly doubt it'll equate to anything catastrophic but I've had this expectation of something coming for years.

I'm glad Spurs' name appears to be staying out of it for now.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/10229031/ronald-koeman-southampton-denied-clear-penalties-in-leicester-defeat

Well enough said really. Clear as day Leicester are getting a brush of good fortune. Here's hoping we get similar in the next 6 games.

Advertisement