Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool v Tottenham 5:30pm Saturday 2nd April

Options
  • 01-04-2016 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭

Liverpool-vs-Tottenham.png

When Liverpool start fast there a handful. Gonna be ultra fast paced game, closing down blah, blah.

Walker and Rose are a must. Ali should maul that muppet Henderson.

I fúcking hate Sturridge, well more so his celebration.

Liverpool's defence, one gaping pie hole.

As Electric Six sang "Jam it in the hole"

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This is a massive game for us. Liverpool are hit and miss this season, but it's never easy going to Anfield. Their defence is really weak at the moment though, and i'd expect Alli, Eriksen and Kane will cause them problems.

Going for a 2-1 win :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Hopefully they'll have their eyes on the Europa fixture mid week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Let's just hope skrtel starts

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Read an article, that Klopp is favouring the Dortmund game over this one.
    I reckon they'll have a weakened team, not as weak as the early cup games with all the **** kids, but the likes of Caulker, Enrique, Allen may start.

Really confident of a win.

Reckon 3-1. ... or more!!

Just to win the game we are 15/8

Going for -1 @ 5/1.

Depending on Liverpools starting 11 .... -2 is a whopping 14/1 !!!!

Countinho and Sturridge....If they dont start, we'll batter them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

It's really looking unlikely they'll get champions league so they have to be thinking EL is their best chance of a bit of glory this year. I actually don't see Lecister getting a win so this game in my opinion is going to make or break the league. I don't even care about the win I reckon just doing better then Lecister will be enough for this week.

Win would be unbelievable amd I think we'll score so I'm going for a 2-1 win. Kane with a brace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

jaysus this is a fúcking massive game

If we win this I reckon Leicester will wobble on Monday

JUST A MASSIVE GAME

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Don't get much bigger than this COYS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

jaysus this is a fúcking massive game

If we win this I reckon Leicester will wobble on Monday from their defeat on Sunday?;)

JUST A MASSIVE GAME

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I'm a bit nervous of this one. They destroyed City not too long ago, lost to Saints last week after being two nil up. I think this could go either way. Jesus three points would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭larry1

When I was a kid and young Spurs fan back in the 80's, Liverpool always beat us & I used to cry myself to sleep after those games. The tide has turned over the past few years though & if we are up for this title fight with Leicester, we simply have to (should) go and beat them.. 2-1 Spurs COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Klopp said he's expecting Spurs to play like a cup final so will need to have his players prepared.

Not sure what he's preparing them for. A hammering? I hope so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

larry1 wrote: »
    When I was a kid and young Spurs fan back in the 80's, Liverpool always beat us & I used to cry myself to sleep after those games. The tide has turned over the past few years though & if we are up for this title fight with Leicester, we simply have to (should) go and beat them.. 2-1 Spurs COYS

CfBQZ5uW8AAxsAa.jpg

Oh really? Tell me more...

CfBQZ5uW8AAxsAa.jpg

Hey everyone look, the rarest event ever is unfolding! A Liverpool fan posting about history!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭SM01

irishmover wrote: »
    Hey everyone look, the rarest event ever is unfolding! A Liverpool fan posting about history!

He made a fair point in an attempt to refute a claim. Why don't you try addressing it rather than failing at being witty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

and this is why you shouldn't have your own forum with its hive mind mentality.

SM01 wrote: »
    He made a fair point in an attempt to refute a claim. Why don't you try addressing it rather than failing at being witty?

He knitpicked for a start. The person never said anything about Anfield. Spoke generally. We have been doing better compared to Liverpool in the past few years as opposed to those '80's.

Generally speaking we have only finished below Liverpool once in 6 seasons soon to be 7. You can have your previous wins at Anfield (except today ofcourse, I hope) but we'll take the league positions.

and this is why you shouldn't have your own forum with its hive mind mentality.

What really? I regularly read the Soccer forum and it is literally the biggest mess I've ever seen for a sub-forum. If it wasn't that we had our own section I wouldn't touch boards forum at all.

It's amazing how Liverpool fans come game time are the only ones who venture to our forum to look for an argument, and amazingly the last time we met I had to defend our enjoyment of our own forum.

I don't speak for everyone on this Spurs sub-forum but I personally think this is a great community and having our own section is what makes it work. We spend enough time bickering amongst ourselves than to have people coming on here looking to create something that the majority (In my opinion) of us don't want here. I enjoy staying the hell away from the abuse and insanity that occurs in the Soccer forum, with being able to discuss the club I support amongst fans of the club in relative peace. Not defending arguments against rival fans.

If we wanted to have a discussion there's a match thread for it on the Soccer forum, but typically you won't find me there as that's not why I've posted well over 1000 posts in this sub-forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭SM01

He knitpicked for a start. The person never said anything about Anfield. Spoke generally. We have been doing better compared to Liverpool in the past few years as opposed to those '80's.

Generally speaking we have only finished below Liverpool once in 6 seasons soon to be 7. You can have your previous wins at Anfield (except today ofcourse, I hope) but we'll take the league positions.

All fair points and a hell of a lot more constructive than your previous post. Personally I believe that unless you're winning silverware or finish in the top four, league position after that is nearing on meaningless (ignoring relegation places).

SM01 wrote: »
    All fair points and a hell of a lot more constructive than your previous post. Personally I believe that unless you're winning silverware or finish in the top four, league position after that is nearing on meaningless (ignoring relegation places).

I didn't feel a need to be constructive. It was one sentence from once post in a thread that already had a number of posts that this guy picked up on. Just to show that we don't do well at Anfield. It was an attempt to get a reaction and it did. Exactly the sort of stuff I see on the Soccer forum.

If there's one game this season where Liverpool were to beat a team into absolute submission, and humiliate them so badly half the backroom staff resign and their season falls apart at the seams, then this is it.

Go away, Spurs. I don't like you.

Good thing there are so few Spurs fans about the SF as otherwise I wouldn't be show my face for weeks after the inevitable 5-1 away win.

Enough said really. The Soccer forum is full of cretin like that and you have the neck to say WE have a hive mind mentality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,907 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CfBQZ5uW8AAxsAa.jpg

4 wins in the last 25 is it? Maybe better in WHL?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    4 wins in the last 25 is it? Maybe better in WHL?

I think we've won 6 in last 72 meetings at Anfield. It's been a horror show there over the years. Not sure about WHL but I suspect a bit better.

Puts a downer on our chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,907 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think we've won 6 in last 72 meetings at Anfield. It's been a horror show there over the years. Not sure about WHL but I suspect a bit better.

Puts a downer on our chances.

No that's what I'm wondering. It was serious question.

I definitely remember Spurs doing better in recent years than the late 90s early 00s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Last 13 league meetings. 6 wins apiece and a draw. Nothing wrong with what the OP said unless he specifically mentioned Anfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Enough said really. The Soccer forum is full of cretin like that and you have the neck to say WE have a hive mind mentality.

The very reason I've never felt the need to post there in the SF, it's a mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Agree but we don't all have the option to talk about our clubs outside of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Is it not a bit one sided in here and a bit boring though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

niallo27 wrote: »
    Not today, it's not:D

niallo27 wrote: »

Have a look through the Daniel levy/Joe Lewis thread and then come back to me and tell me this forum is boring and I'll call you a liar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Not today, it's not:D

True true but we are alright it's the other crowd that are a shower of ****.

Advertisement