Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The gw 33,34,35,37 Plan

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Who are people with TC going for in 37? Andy Carroll looks about the best option!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Payet Triple C for GW37.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

All these weeks link into each other. Im just wondering on the numbers people hope to have out in the 4 gws. People are discussing their plans in detail in the DGW thread so maybe we could keep this for number of players playing.
    Ive no wildcard so with a few hits Im hoping for
    GW33 3 dgw players
    Gw34 12 dgw players
    Gw35 10 players
    Gw37 9 dgw players
    So I ended up with 9dgw players due to injuries which meant I played my TC instead. Ended up that only 5 of my 9 dgw players played twice.
    If the 3 spurs lads play this week I'll have had 11 play.
    I'm aiming for 7 dgw players and BB in 37 as most of my sgw players have good fixtures.

I've purposely avoided Liverpool players due to fears of rotation which I'm hoping I may see the benefits of over the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I've purposely avoided Liverpool players due to fears of rotation which I'm hoping I may see the benefits of over the last few weeks.

If Sturridge starts in Europa it will be hard to justify holding him, and hard to sell him!

Studge to Defoe will haveto be considered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Early days still, but my 'didnt put a lot of thought into it, but felt I need to do something differrnt' plan of TC in GW 34, wildcard GW 35 and BB in GW 37 seems to paying off so far.

GW 34 165(-8)
    GW 35 50(no hit) + Kane (c) and alli to go
    GW 37 who knows, but hoping to have 10 DGWers plus 5 big hitters all playing for no hits

Of course I've gone and jinxed it now....

KevIRL wrote: »
    Early days still, but my 'didnt put a lot of thought into it, but felt I need to do something differrnt' plan of TC in GW 34, wildcard GW 35 and BB in GW 37 seems to paying off so far.

GW 34 165(-8)
    GW 37 who knows, but hoping to have 10 DGWers plus 5 big hitters all playing for no hits

great stuff there were numerous ways to approach it as all gws were likely to feed into each other. I never bought the Wildcard before the dgw BB and TC in 37 as the only way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

great stuff there were numerous ways to approach it as all gws were likely to feed into each other. I never bought the Wildcard before the dgw BB and TC in 37 as the only way.

Yeah its a good plan. How the DGW37 BB works out will be crucial to whether it works or not. It may not be as as high scoring a week as 34. I considered this route and posted about it a few times before I activated my WC in 32. If you had the WC and planning to BB in 37 then 35 was the clear week to wildcard imo.

GW 34 165(-8)

Back to his. Almost certain that I have my final score this GW

GW 34 165 (-8)...TC played
    GW 35 58 (no hit)...WC played
    GW 37 117 (-8)....BB played

Almost an accident as opposed to a strategy, but playing the WC before the shortened gameweek 35 certainly has paid off. Will update ranking info tomorrow after it updates.

Back to his. Almost certain that I have my final score this GW

GW 34 165 (-8)...TC played
    GW 35 58 (no hit)...WC played
    GW 37 117 (-8)....BB played

Almost an accident as opposed to a strategy, but playing the WC before the shortened gameweek 35 certainly has paid off. Will update ranking info tomorrow after it updates.

So completing this analysis

After GW 33 my overall ranking was 622K :o
    GW 34 165 (-8)...TC played. GW rank 18K, OR 315K
    GW 35 58 (no hit)...WC played GW rank 167K OR 258K
    GW 37 117 (-8)....BB played. GW rank 5K OR 117K

I suppose its easier to make up impressive ranking ground from a $hite starting point, but safe to say worked out well going against the standard and WC in GW 35

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭steve_r

I think it's your inspired captaincy choices every week Kev

I picked up a lot of Palace and Everton players in GW33. The defenders served me well and weren't too much of an issue but the attackers all had to be shipped on rapido and the gains I made in GW33 were undone in GW35.

I regret going for the likes of off form players like Lukaku or rotation risks like Gabriel and KdeB with my wildcard - I would have been better sticking with the likes of Eriksen etc.

I think when the season wraps up I'll take a look at the top teams, see when they used BB, TC but also captaining the weeks where my captain blanked. I know its very hard to get the captaincy right every week but I don't think I did as well as I could have this year.

steve_r wrote: »
    I think it's your inspired captaincy choices every week Kev

I picked up a lot of Palace and Everton players in GW33. The defenders served me well and weren't too much of an issue but the attackers all had to be shipped on rapido and the gains I made in GW33 were undone in GW35.

I regret going for the likes of off form players like Lukaku or rotation risks like Gabriel and KdeB with my wildcard - I would have been better sticking with the likes of Eriksen etc.

I think when the season wraps up I'll take a look at the top teams, see when they used BB, TC but also captaining the weeks where my captain blanked. I know its very hard to get the captaincy right every week but I don't think I did as well as I could have this year.

Getting in cheap defenders or a gk for a double isnt likely to cause you too many issues in the weeks after the double and is a viable strategy. Getting sucked into getting attacking players that have proved over the years they arent reliable goalscorers and just getting them because they have a dgw is a mistake IMO as its going to cost you points hits to get rid of them. For that everton palace game all we needed from an attacking point of view was the best captain option which was lukaku. I was fairly strong in saying not to go near lennon, however I foolishly got bolasie who is another goal in every 10 games type player throughout their career. The problem with getting these players is we were taking out the likes of alli to facilitate them. What I have hopefully learned is to not worry if somebody like bolasie/lennon happens to get 15 pts in a dgw(they more than likely wont) as Ill make the points back in the coming weeks anyway by not having them in my team or by having to take a pts hit to get rid of them. Ill hopefully only get a player like that again if Im going to captain them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭steve_r

Yeah good point - defenders aren't as form dependent.

I got Bolasie in for Arnie, then dumped him for Andros. I had a lot of blanks for GW35 and I could have made life so much easier by sticking with Leicester/Spurs

Lukaku was such a locked on captaincy choice that not to have him would have been too risky - but in hindsight the smart thing was to stay with someone like Kane who was on-form with no blanks.

It's the classic form over fixutres point that becomes even trickier in DGW's - the temptation to wildcard and load up on DGW's is just too damm tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

To be fair though, Bolasie was the only good return I got from my DGW34 BB and my cheap def were a disaster bar Palace GW33. Glad I readjusted my team with Smalling!

I'm not sure there are any rules. Last year there was a cheap QPR midfield star in the equivalent of DGW33. Forgot his name. And Austin (C) was great :D.

Coming back to the topic, I'd better have ignored all the GW33-37 planning and forget about the chips. They have been a total disaster. 20 pts BB from supposedly 8 games. 3 pts Carroll TC. AOA I won't use unless one of Bellerin, Gabriel or Smalling is expected not to feature. Took an overall 36 pts hits to readjust my team after DGW33 WC. Still managed an overall 5k rise though in this period but how much I can attribute it to my GW33-37 plan? Very little I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Neoulous wrote: »
    To be fair though, Bolasie was the only good return I got from my DGW34 BB and my cheap def were a disaster bar Palace GW33. Glad I readjusted my team with Smalling!

I'm not sure there are any rules. Last year there was a cheap QPR midfield star in the equivalent of DGW33. Forgot his name. And Austin (C) was great :D.

Coming back to the topic, I'd better have ignored all the GW33-37 planning and forget about the chips. They have been a total disaster. 20 pts BB from supposedly 8 games. 3 pts Carroll TC. AOA I won't use unless one of Bellerin, Gabriel or Smalling is expected not to feature. Took an overall 36 pts hits to readjust my team after DGW33 WC. Still managed an overall 5k rise though in this period but how much I can attribute it to my GW33-37 plan? Very little I'd say.

Matty Phillips :)

Neoulous wrote: »

Last year Austin and Benteke were both proven goalscorers so I'd class them as good picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Last year Austin and Benteke were both proven goalscorers so I'd class them as good picks.

I'd forgotten Austin was at Saints until I saw him mentioned in an article about how well Long and Pelle are playing yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Yes. I was referring to Matt Phillips (thanks Scorpion Sting). But I think not so many players went for Austin and/or Benteke in that DGW so they ended up being great "differentials". Well in a way Carroll was a huge differential for me this year... just not the way I expected :pac:.

Advertisement