Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The gw 33,34,35,37 Plan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Doubtful that he will. There are also good options in week 37 like Payet or a Liverpool attacker so if I opt for my TC there I don't think I'll be losing out by much on those who TC in week 34. It's just there's a certain allure with Sanchez and those fixtures.

Honestly I have no faith over Payet over 2 games or a Liverpool attacker.. Be rotated or rested over them games

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

0.8 in bank.

GW 33 - WC, 3 DGW

GW 34 - BB, 14 DGW

GW 35 - 10 players before 2 FT

GW 37 - God knows. With current WC team and if I was a mad bollocks and refused to do transfers I'd have 7 DGW one of whom would receive the honour of TC choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Is everyone getting rid of Spurs players ahead of 34?

Thinking of Shipping Alderweireld in a GW33 WC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Week 33 5 DGW
    Week 34 13 DGW Bench Boost
    Week 35 Only 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Ended up going with

GW 33 - 4 DGW
    GW 34 - 14 DGW BB
    GW 35 - 8. AOA and will probably take a -4 to get 11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Do people have any chips left? Triple captain left for me.
    After the carnage that has been this week, I really need to get this one right to gain on lost ground. Aguero against Stoke is tempting but the chances are him and KdB will be rested.

Other possibilities are:
    Kane - West Brom (GW 35)
    Sanchez - Norwich (GW 36)
    Sturridge/Firmino/Coutinho - Watford/Chelsea (GW 37)
    Payet - Swansea/Man Utd (GW 37)
    Random punt last gameweek - Arsenal home to Villa / City away Swansea /

Sturridge is very tempting in GW37 but depends on Europa League.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Possibly Lukaku in 37 if Everton don't have a final, it'll largely depend if clubs are in other cup competitions, the dgw fixtures in 37 aren't really great, no team have stand out games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think the problem with the chips was that gw34 was the best option for both BB and TC. Meaning that any gain you may have made from a big 13 dgw + BB would come close to being matched by far less dgw players and a TC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Defoe has two home games in GW37. It's a punt but not as crazy as it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

My WC failed and my BB failed (spectacularly) so at this stage I'm just tempted to lob it on Pelle next week and have the fecking thing over with, it feels like the BB chip has ruined my season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Chipless. Thank fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

TC left. This was the week I planned to use it on Aguero but thought bench boost was better option. Just been burned by him too much this season 78pts v 19pts on my bench. Spectacular fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

keano_afc wrote:
    TC left. This was the week I planned to use it on Aguero but thought bench boost was better option. Just been burned by him too much this season 78pts v 19pts on my bench. Spectacular fail.

Your bench got 19 pts (so far?)
    TC'ing Aguero would have gotten you 26 pts.
    You only lost 7 points.

spock. wrote: »
    Your bench got 19 pts (so far?)
    TC'ing Aguero would have gotten you 26 pts.
    You only lost 7 points.

You're pointing out the fundamental flaw in how people are viewing the chips and esp the TC, as per previous lengthy discussion on the DGW thread culminating in my piece for FFS.

Aguero (78) looks really cool on your points page but the TC got you 26. Yes it was the best TC option of the season so far (ahead of Aguero in GW8 by 1 point) but even if Sanchez just gets 3 more points for his TCers this week the advantage you're getting from an Aguero TC is just 14 points.

If your BB gains you 20 to 25 points this week and you get any kind of decent TC in 36 or 37 the final result after all the huffing and puffing and weeping and wailing will be much of a muchness.

Unless you TCd Fcukaku in 33. :( But even then its a loss of 22 points. While hopefully playing BB well this week will gain some of that back for me.

Even as a GW33 Lukaku TCer I reckon my TC+BB won't be more than 10 points or so behind the average. If people get 40pts out of both combined its a good return.

A 19 point BB with TC still to play is a great result.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

You should get a boost from a wildcard a tc and a bb. It doesn't matter when you get that boost it's all about your end of season score. I think a lot of people like the idea of getting that big boost at the end. Of the 3 chips above I only see value in the tc being used in a dgw. The bb and wildcard should be used whenever it suits your team.

You should get a boost from a wildcard a tc and a bb. It doesn't matter when you get that boost it's all about your end of season score. I think a lot of people like the idea of getting that big boost at the end. Of the 3 chips above I only see value in the tc being used in a dgw. The bb and wildcard should be used whenever it suits your team.

Yeah. I think the biggest change is the freedom to use the second WC when you want rather than only in Jan.

If you use it to fix your team if it's in a mess you should get a decent boost. If you use it to prepare for DGWs (without BB) you should get a decent boost.

Its the BB and TC which I think will only make marginal difference to your final points and rank vs everyone else who got one of each too. Nice to nail it by going for Aguero this week for sure and you'll shoot up the rankings. But cold hard points gained vs rivals may be single figures.

I didn't even normal captain Aguero and am well ahead of most Aguero TCers this GW. But thats not from my BB really, its more from a decent wildcard plan and 2 good/lucky transfers post wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Had 11 DGW players this week with an eight point hit. Currently 10 players for GW35 at a four pint hit, and that will be it unless get a couple more injuries. So far 8 DGW players for GW37 with TC remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

FHFC wrote: »
    You're pointing out the fundamental flaw in how people are viewing the chips and esp the TC, as per previous lengthy discussion on the DGW thread culminating in my piece for FFS.

Aguero (78) looks really cool on your points page but the TC got you 26. Yes it was the best TC option of the season so far (ahead of Aguero in GW8 by 1 point) but even if Sanchez just gets 3 more points for his TCers this week the advantage you're getting from an Aguero TC is just 14 points.

I am not getting your maths here. If Sanchez gets 3 more points he is on 12 and the little Kun is on 26. That's a point difference of 14 before you TC. So the difference between Aguero TC over Sanchez TC is three times 14 = 42. Or put another way three times 26 is 78, three times 12 is 36.

Needless to say I went with the herd and chose Sanchez. I am amazed Aguero and De Bruyne started both matches. It was the first time I consulted the captain thread this season. I have Ozil and Payet too. At least I didn't go for those. (Now watch hat-tricks for both will automatically follow.)

Deise Vu wrote: »
    I am not getting your maths here. If Sanchez gets 3 more points he is on 12 and the little Kun is on 26. That's a point difference of 14 before you TC. So the difference between Aguero TC over Sanchez TC is three times 14 = 42. Or put another way three times 26 is 78, three times 12 is 36.

Needless to say I went with the herd and chose Sanchez. I am amazed Aguero and De Bruyne started both matches. It was the first time I consulted the captain thread this season. I have Ozil and Payet too. At least I didn't go for those. (Now watch hat-tricks for both will automatically follow.)

The gain you get from playing the TC chip as opposed to just normal captaining is 1 times the players score. That's what the TC gets you. The other points are down to (a) deciding to own the player and (b) deciding to captain him.

If you didn't captain Aguero at all you lose another 14 points in this example but thats nothing to do with the TC.

People who TC Aguero this week get an extra 26 points over what they would otherwise have got.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

He's assuming one owns both players. With A = player pts, B = captain pts & C = TC points, you only "lose" from B & C if you own both. So in his example, it's a 28 pts diff.
    The gain you get from playing the TC chip as opposed to just normal captaining is 1 times the players score. That's what the TC gets you. The other points are down to (a) deciding to own the player and (b) deciding to captain him.
    You're kinda playing with words here :p. Anyone who owns both Sanchez & Aguero had a 50/50 choice for TC this week (in theory the best GW for TC on paper). So your (C) choice and TC choice are the same. Isolating them doesn't really make any sense. If Sanchez only gets 3 tonight, you lose 28 pts from the Agüero TCers. Now you may account half those pts to your captain choice but again it doesn't make much sense, you can't have Agüero (C) for "B" and Sanchez TC for "C" :pac:.
    If you WC with BB & TC in mind, your way of looking at it doesn't really match the full picture IMO because the team you got (with your WC) will impact several of your following GWs. So, isolating the chips to look at their impact just when you used it/them is kinda wrong in practice. It is my case. My "failed" WC team is completely different from my pre-WC team. So my decisions to BB in 34 and TC in 37 will impact all my GWs from 33 (WC week) to 38 whatever I do!
    Most important word: should.
    Vaue: none so far :pac:.

More seriously, as I said above, the boost or anti-boost you get from your chips in the case of a post WC use designed for them is longer than the sole use of the chip.
    And about the timing, the GW30-37 "chaos" this year with a huge blank in 30 and huge double in 34 mislead many of the late WCers. "Killed" many of our seasons...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

iroced wrote: »
    And about the timing, the GW30-37 "chaos" this year with a huge blank in 30 and huge double in 34 mislead many of the late WCers. "Killed" many of our seasons...

Before the start of GW29 I was in 115k OR and I'm currently at 11k with all chips played. I've been on a better run than most here, but there were still lots of template breakers in that time like Siggy, Sanchez, (Kane(c) for others) that gave us an edge on those in the top 10k that had been fluking their way all season

Before the start of GW29 I was in 115k OR and I'm currently at 11k with all chips played. I've been on a better run than most here, but there were still lots of template breakers in that time like Siggy, Sanchez, (Kane(c) for others) that gave us an edge on those in the top 10k that had been fluking their way all season
    Bravo! Sincerely. You're on an amazing run. I'm your anti-mirror image :pac:...

Since GW31 I'm on my worst ever run in the game. 50/50 my own fault and misfortune. I (C) Siggy in 31 instead of Kane (misread the FFS (C) poll and did not see how popular the latter was and how much he could impact me if things went wrong). GW32, I messed up my WC: lost 21 pts. GW33, I WCed focusing on a GW34 BB. Took a couple of risks and got demolished by all the unexpected rotations and my players not performing as I expected them to in these last 2 GWs so far.

Based on all the above I am glad I went with the option of TC in wk 34 (unfortunately Sanchez so far) and I saved my wc for 36 and bb for 37. By planning for wk 34 I was able to have 11 dgws to go with my TC at a cost of 8 pts to bring in Ozil, Sanchez and Radhford. It also meant I kept Kanr and Alli until this week which paid off big time (101 points in 33 and so far 78 points with still 11 players to go (counting Sanchez as 3). I still had Vardy too who bagged 13 pts in 33.

The only fly in the ointment so far is Vardy red carded out of 35. I don't want to claim credit for this plan B approach but it never did make sense to me to wc in 33 and lose all your Spurs and Leicester players so soon. In wk 37 I think cups and who is still competing will be a lot clearer than wk 34. Or maybe my head just got wrecked by the permutations!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Based on all the above I am glad I went with the option of TC in wk 34 (unfortunately Sanchez so far) and I saved my wc for 36 and bb for 37. By planning for wk 34 I was able to have 11 dgws to go with my TC at a cost of 8 pts to bring in Ozil, Sanchez and Radhford. It also meant I kept Kanr and Alli until this week which paid off big time (101 points in 33 and so far 78 points with still 11 players to go (counting Sanchez as 3). I still had Vardy too who bagged 13 pts in 33.

The only fly in the ointment so far is Vardy red carded out of 35. I don't want to claim credit for this plan B approach but it never did make sense to me to wc in 33 and lose all your Spurs and Leicester players so soon. In wk 37 I think cups and who is still competing will be a lot clearer than wk 34. Or maybe my head just got wrecked by the permutations!

I decided on the late WC too so I would not be ditching the form SGW players with the intention of 15 DGWers in GW37, However now I'm not sure how many I'll have then! The Liverpool rotation is particularly problematic and . Chelsea assets are not appealing atm. Have already taken a hit for GW35 after the Vardy sending off and am relying on Sakho, Firmino and Origi to start currently. This sending off has all but wiped out any consideration I had for maybe BBing GW36 and WCing into GW37 with a bit more confidence of certain starters. I would ask you to consider whether this tactic would work for your squad and wish you well for the finale.

He's assuming one owns both players. With A = player pts, B = captain pts & C = TC points, you only "lose" from B & C if you own both. So in his example, it's a 28 pts diff.

No. I'm not. Regardless of whether you own both, the extra you get from playing the TC on whichever player you choose, in whichever gameweek you choose to activate it is one extra times that players score. It goes without saying that the TC has to be played on your captain. So of the 38 captains you get to choose, you get (on top of the B points for deciding to make him captain) ONE MORE TIMES HIS SCORE for one week only. So no matter who owns who. What you get EXTRA on you overall score this season for the TC chip is one times the score of the player you activated it in, who by definition was one of you 38 captains. That is maths. Anything else is perception. And I'm running out of ways to say it so this is my very very last attempt.
    You're kinda playing with words here :p. Anyone who owns both Sanchez & Aguero had a 50/50 choice for TC this week (in theory the best GW for TC on paper). So your (C) choice and TC choice are the same. Isolating them doesn't really make any sense. If Sanchez only gets 3 tonight, you lose 28 pts from the Agüero TCers. Now you may account half those pts to your captain choice but again it doesn't make much sense, you can't have Agüero (C) for "B" and Sanchez TC for "C" :pac:.

No. I'm not. I'm playing with numbers. Yeah, anyone owning both had pretty much a 50/50 choice for the captaincy. But they had 37 other choices for the TC (you know that chip which gives you ONE MORE TIMES A PLAYERS SCORE for one of you 38 captain choices ;))

If Sanchez only gets 3 tomorrow a Sanchez TC loses 14 from his choice to go with the crowd on the choice of captain this week. He also loses 14 from his choice to activate TC this week rather than any of the other 38. He loses 13 from not having activated it on Aguero GW9. He gains 8 on me as he luckily didnt activate it on Lukaku in 33.

I know its hard.to get the concept of separating the TC points which are 'per season' and the success or failure of which can only be compared to (a) the 38 other captains you could have played it on and (b) what your rivals or the rest of the world at large got in their one shot at it per season......and the weekly captain points which are 'per gameweek' and affect you compared to how the other main captain options performed that gameweek versus you own, with factors like ownership greatly affecting your rank rise or fall.

@FHFC.

It's not really a response to your post, just a summary of how I see this game. It seems I can't make it clear what I want to say. And the more examples I take the less understood I get :o.

So. To me, this game is no maths. If you want to see it like that, you're free to do it. And I'm not mocking it. I actually find your analyses very interesting. But I prefer having an overall view on one's season and isolating the chips the way you do does not make sense to me when I analyse my season.
    Because decisions you take will affect several (if not all) aspects of the game: players you own, captain choices, use of chips, following transfers, etc... And each decision will impact your next one, influencing again all aspects of your game and so on and on and on...

For example, I decided to keep my chips for a late use during DGWs. The only thing I'm really interested in is how the 6 or 7 FSAers who played their WC early and whom Busts is tracking their scores will end up on. On average, it'll tell me how right or wrong I was to keep my chips for such a late use. And even if e.g. Payet, as a TC, gets me 150 pts in DGW37, I may consider my use of these chips wrong because I may have lost 300 pts before hand in the previous 18-20 GWs. So, admittedly I could gloss about my great TC's "C" number but what about all the other "A1_n" & "B1_n" numbers I may have lost out from because of my choice of using a late DGW TC (same goes for BB)?

Maybe I should put it this way: we're looking at different frames of reference. Hope it's clearer now. If it's not, just ignore this post and assume both you're right and my level of english is not up to this debate :pac:...

@FHFC.

It's not really a response to your post, just a summary of how I see this game. It seems I can't make it clear what I want to say. And the more examples I take the less understood I get :o.

So. To me, this game is no maths. If you want to see it like that, you're free to do it. And I'm not mocking it. I actually find your analyses very interesting. But I prefer having an overall view on one's season and isolating the chips the way you do does not make sense to me when I analyse my season.
    Because decisions you take will affect several (if not all) aspects of the game: players you own, captain choices, use of chips, following transfers, etc... And each decision will impact your next one, influencing again all aspects of your game and so on and on and on...

For example, I decided to keep my chips for a late use during DGWs. The only thing I'm really interested in is how the 6 or 7 FSAers who played their WC early and whom Busts is tracking their scores will end up on. On average, it'll tell me how right or wrong I was to keep my chips for such a late use. And even if e.g. Payet, as a TC, gets me 150 pts in DGW37, I may consider my use of these chips wrong because I may have lost 300 pts before hand in the previous 18-20 GWs. So, admittedly I could gloss about my great TC's "C" number but what about all the other "A1_n" & "B1_n" numbers I may have lost out from because of my choice of using a late DGW TC (same goes for BB)?

Maybe I should put it this way: we're looking at different frames of reference. Hope it's clearer now. If it's not, just ignore this post and assume both you're right and my level of english is not up to this debate :pac:...

That's ok. I'm brushing up on my French for June. We can meet up and the Euros and thrash this all out over few glasses of wine!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What teams have doubles in 37 lads? And am I right in saying after this GW there are no more blanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What teams have doubles in 37 lads? And am I right in saying after this GW there are no more blanks?

Correct

XDhSIe3.jpg

• Advertisement

ElTel wrote: »
    I decided on the late WC too so I would not be ditching the form SGW players with the intention of 15 DGWers in GW37, However now I'm not sure how many I'll have then! The Liverpool rotation is particularly problematic and . Chelsea assets are not appealing atm. Have already taken a hit for GW35 after the Vardy sending off and am relying on Sakho, Firmino and Origi to start currently. This sending off has all but wiped out any consideration I had for maybe BBing GW36 and WCing into GW37 with a bit more confidence of certain starters. I would ask you to consider whether this tactic would work for your squad and wish you well for the finale.

Well happy days for Sanchez last night! I ended up with 167 points (-8 hit) to add to my 101 pts in Wk 33 when I added Dann and Coleman who got three cleaners between them (but shag all wk 34!) and, I still had Kane, Vardy and Alli when they scored big in Wk 33. I would have had 11 players in Wk 35 but for Vardy's red so I'm not in bad shape there either (and I still have a decent team bar missing Kane and Alli who I think will score big again).

I am WC in WK 36 for a BB in 37. After the last two weeks I am 80 ahead in my league so it is a free go barring absolute disaster as my rivals have all used their BB and TC. Overall I am up to 53K from the ass end of nowhere at Xmas. Hoping to make top 25K which would be my best ever result.

Like I said previously I always thought WC in 36 would be a better option since you postponed having to decimate your team (and team value) and it will be clearer in WK 36 (I hope!) which teams are still competing and who is a rotation risk, not to mention that the less games to go the less chance of injuries or suspensions ruining your team.

Advertisement