Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The gw 33,34,35,37 Plan

Options
  • 29-03-2016 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭

All these weeks link into each other. Im just wondering on the numbers people hope to have out in the 4 gws. People are discussing their plans in detail in the DGW thread so maybe we could keep this for number of players playing.
    Ive no wildcard so with a few hits Im hoping for
    GW33 3 dgw players
    Gw34 12 dgw players
    Gw35 10 players
    Gw37 9 dgw players

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

All these weeks link into each other. Im just wondering on the numbers people hope to have out in the 4 gws. People are discussing their plans in detail in the DGW thread so maybe we could keep this for number of players playing.
    Ive no wildcard so with a few hits Im hoping for
    GW33 3 dgw players
    Gw34 12 dgw players
    Gw35 10 players
    Gw37 9 dgw players

That's pretty good considering you have no wild card. I'm using mine this week and I'm pretty much the same as you(without hits) bar week 33 were I'll have 4 or 5. I've no bench boost so I dont need to overload on the week 34 DGW players.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Current plan is
    5 DGW33
    15 DGW34
    9-10 GW35 with a hit
    Not sure about DGW37 yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Still somewhat a work in progress also but the plan is going to be:

GW33 5 dgw players and probably TC
    Gw34 13 dgw players and BB
    Gw35 11 players
    Gw37 9 or 10 dgw players

That's with no hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

As said above, still work in progress but at the moment my preferred plan is:

GW33 3 dgw players (WC)- Not keen on loading up on EVE/CPL players
    Gw34 14 dgw players + Kane (BB)
    Gw35 11 players
    Gw37 9 dgw players (TC)

That's with no hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

33: 6 DGWers (f it go big or go home)
    34: 15 and BB
    35: Probably 10
    37: Not 100% but 10 or 11 and TC

Happy to risk adding 300k to my rank to give me a shot at a decent ranking. Its time to stop playing safe and try make something of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Wc 32
    33 3/4 dgw
    34 13 dgw mahez kane
    35 11 players
    37 9/10 dgw +tc....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

33: 4
    34: 13 with BB
    35: 11 with a hit or two would think
    37: not a clue, no point looking in depth that far ahead but will probably TC here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

jimmii wrote: »
    33: 6 DGWers (f it go big or go home)
    34: 15 and BB
    35: Probably 10
    37: Not 100% but 10 or 11 and TC

the risk I can see is that by going 3 Palace & 3 Everton in GW33&34 is that your other 9 realistically need to all have a game in GW35

that almost entirely rules out any Utd, West Ham or Watford players, in favour of Palace players who are away to Arsenal & Utd in GW34 (unless of course you're planning to spend points in GW34 to swap out Palace players)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

No wildcard.

33: 3 with a -8
    34: 13 BB
    35: 10 + 1FT for 11:
    37: 7 with 2 FTs. Will probably take a hit for 10

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

the risk I can see is that by going 3 Palace & 3 Everton in GW33&34 is that your other 9 realistically need to all have a game in GW35

that almost entirely rules out any Utd, West Ham or Watford players, in favour of Palace players who are away to Arsenal & Utd in GW34 (unless of course you're planning to spend points in GW34 to swap out Palace players)

Won't have 3 Palace for 34 that's for sure! Will be using the 2fts to tidy it up for 34.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

maxresdefault.jpg

It'll work itself out!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

GW 33 : 5 DGW
    GW 34 : 15 DGW (BB)
    GW 35 : 11 (AOA)
    GW 37 : 9 DGW (TC)

Is how things are looking currently, but subject to change

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Starting to get worried about the modest number of DGW players I have. No WC and the following can be achieved without hits, so I'm sure I could up the ante a little bit:

GW33: 2 DGW players (feasibly 3, if I'm brave enough for double Everton def.)
    GW34: 9 DGW players (TC)
    GW35: 10 players
    GW37: Unknown (aim for 12-15 w/BB)

Thing is, using my TC rather than BB in GW34, I'd have serious selection headaches with any more DGW players. Right now it's:

DGW
    DGW DGW DGW
    DGW DGW DGW Mahrez
    DGW DGW Kane

If I get another DGW'er in for one of my bench players, it means benching for Mahrez or Kane, which I'm reluctant to do right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I have no f*cking idea. Far too much to consider. Head is melted at the thought if it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Rikand wrote: »
    GW 33 : 5 DGW
    GW 34 : 15 DGW (BB)
    GW 35 : 11 (AOA)
    GW 37 : 9 DGW (TC)

Is how things are looking currently, but subject to change
    What's your WC team shaping up as too do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

GW33: WC 4 DGW
    GW34: 13 DGW (BB)
    GW35: 11 (2 FT and a 4 point hit)

Is as far as I have planned so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

banked as many transfers as I could and now we'll have 6/7 for the 2nd DGW and none for the first!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

GW32: screw-up dramatically the WC.
    GW33: forced adjustment previously failed WC. Original plan (OP) was 4 DGWers with TC. TC impossible now. Should have 4 DGWers min.
    GW34: BB. OP was 12-14 DGWers. Will probably go 13 min now.
    GW35: OP was 11 using my saved 2 FT. Not sure now. May have to take a hit. Depends on 33.
    GW36: OP was 11 and holding transfer. Should be the same.
    GW37: OP was 7 + 2 (2 FT) min. Now will HAVE to TC this week. May go all in for this one and take punts & hits (lost 27 pts today so will have to try and get them back somewhere).

Somewhere will try to fit the AOA. Only 2 options: GW36 or 38. 35 impossible since I won't have 8 available attackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Wildcard played ahead of GW 32

GW 33: 4 DGW, (TC)

GW 34: 15 DGW (BB)

GW 35: 10 or 11.

GW 37: 7 DGW'er for now,
    Might throw in some more in next few weeks, my head is still melted from playing my wildcard so can't look that far ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What's your WC team shaping up as too do this?

I miscalculated slightly - i would have to take a (-4) hit in GW 35 to field 11

this is what i was thinking at the time of posting

Robles - Hennessy
    Funes Mori - Bellerin - Darmian - Evans - Delaney
    Ozil - Sanchez - Coutinho - Wijnaldum - Payet
    Aguero - Mitrovic - Lukaku

However, the rebirth of KDB means I'm giving up on my 5 DGW for this week plan. Might still aim for 4 though and I still plan to AOA in 35.

My team will likely look very different to the one above, lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

33: 4 DGWers - maybe 3 only. Not terribly excited by Palace/Everton players.
    34: 13 DWers, BB
    35: 10 players with no hit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

A bit clearer now:

GW33: WC (done) 4 DGW
    GW34: 13 DGW (BB)
    GW35: 11 (10 + FT)
    GW37: 10 DGW (8 + 2FT) TC

First draft of WC done:

GW 33: 4 DGW
    GW 34: 14 DGW + Mahrez + BB (can't bring myself to sell Mahrez)
    GW 35: 8 (but bank transfer from GW 34 and take the -4 for a full team)
    GW 37: 7 (but bank transfer from GW 36 to get 9 DGW + TC)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Survive.

GW33 2 DGW
    GW34 9 DGW TC
    GW35 11 Players No Subs.

GW37 ?? DGW BB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

GW33 5 DGW. AOA or TC
    GW34 15 DGW. BB
    GW35 9 or 10 with hit still undecided
    GW36 AOA if not used
    GW37 10 or 11 DGW depending if I take hit GW35

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

GW33 - 4 DGW.
    GW34 - 14/15 DGW - dependent on keeping Riyad. BB.
    GW35 - 9 currently. Hoping to get 10. Will try to bring Kane back in.
    GW37 - 9 currently. Probably get to 11 with a hit. TC.

Most likely taking 3 hits of -4. But reckon its worth it to take full advantage of the doubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭Cartman78

GW33 - 4 DGW (Coleman, Lennon, Lukaku and Bolasie)

GW34 - 14 DGW - Coutinho/Firminio FT for Bolasie after GW 33

Keeping Fuchs and using BB.

GW35 - will have 10 with no hits (Martial transfer out to somebody), need to play a revolutionary 4-3-2 formation or take hit to draft in a midfielder.

GW37 -???? My brain hasn't gone this far forward yet. No plan for TC either...

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

GW33 - Wildcard with 3 DGWers

Now here's my difficulty. I'd like to TC Sanchez in 34 with the form he's been showing and his lovely fixtures but I'm planning on having 13 DGWers so I think a BB would be more logical than a TC with that amount of DGWers as some will be benched and I may as well not have them for that week. Should I aim for the Sanchez TC but with less DGWers? I'd be keeping Kane and Mahrez for a start and may opt for Simpson as well which would be 3 SGWers.

GW35 - Will hopefully have 11 with free transfers getting me to the desired amount.

GW37 - 8/9 as it stands which is why I think a TC here makes more sense than a BB.

Although I know what some people have been saying that a BB doesn't necessarily have to be played during a DGW so I'll have to check on the fixtures for 36 and see what way I can go about it.

Anyone else in the same predicament re TC Sanchez vs BB in GW34?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

GW33 - Wildcard with 3 DGWers

Now here's my difficulty. I'd like to TC Sanchez in 34 with the form he's been showing and his lovely fixtures but I'm planning on having 13 DGWers so I think a BB would be more logical than a TC with that amount of DGWers as some will be benched and I may as well not have them for that week. Should I aim for the Sanchez TC but with less DGWers? I'd be keeping Kane and Mahrez for a start and may opt for Simpson as well which would be 3 SGWers.

GW35 - Will hopefully have 11 with free transfers getting me to the desired amount.

GW37 - 8/9 as it stands which is why I think a TC here makes more sense than a BB.

Although I know what some people have been saying that a BB doesn't necessarily have to be played during a DGW so I'll have to check on the fixtures for 36 and see what way I can go about it.

Anyone else in the same predicament re TC Sanchez vs BB in GW34?

Had a look at it but with 15 DGWs for GW34 , I'm not changing and going with BB.

My instinct is lets say average GW score.. 55 (someone correct me). 1 player equals 5 points per game.

4 players x 8 games = 40 points.

Will Sanchez score 40 points over 2 games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Had a look at it but with 15 DGWs for GW34 , I'm not changing and going with BB.

My instinct is lets say average GW score.. 55 (someone correct me). 1 player equals 5 points per game.

4 players x 8 games = 40 points.

Will Sanchez score 40 points over 2 games?

Doubtful that he will. There are also good options in week 37 like Payet or a Liverpool attacker so if I opt for my TC there I don't think I'll be losing out by much on those who TC in week 34. It's just there's a certain allure with Sanchez and those fixtures.

Advertisement