Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullies. How far would you go for revenge?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Often wonder what it's like in bullies heads to make them such c**ts, hit one in a pub and got chucked out about 5 years after school, bit of a Piaf situation, je ne regre....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Vengeance.leads to the dark side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

timthumbni wrote: »
    A guy who used to bully me at school has recently came back into my life arena.

I'm contemplating reversing the favour on him now I'm older. Should I let bygones be bygones?

I hate bullies. Always did.

Has anyone any bully stories from school and how you dealt with them?

Roll him up in a carpet and throw him off a bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I think if you are still consumed by hatred for a bully and hell bent on revenge, then you are still letting the bully control your feelings and effectively letting them still win. If you can move beyond that and not let the bully affect you through the constant hate and need for revenge then you are winning. That would be the best revenge!

I'm not saying that it is easy to do that. I still tense up when I encounter a school bully in the street from more than 25 years ago and get annoyed at myself that I can still feel that way but it just shows what a destructive impact bullying can have. I guess in some way, I'm still trying to put it behind me but I do not wish ill will towards him as that just wouldn't make me happier at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭MacauDragon

Forgive and forget and walk away.

Then after 10 meters remember life's too short.

Tyre iron to the back of the knee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Never been in fight before or after, but kicking lumps out of a bully that made my life hell for few years in school was great feeling.

And I would do it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

“The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury.” Marcus Aurelius

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Most of the ignoramuses dropouts who bullied people in my school have ended up with no lives. That's good enough for me.

You reap what you sow.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Roll him up in a carpet and throw him off a bridge.

I get that reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭MacauDragon

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    “The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury.” Marcus Aurelius

You alive him dead ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭Riddle101

If he's older he's probably changed now, maybe he's a better person now so not worth seeking revenge on. But if he's still the same as he used to be and starts bullying you again then by all means, you're allowed to stand up for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

There was always someone that had it in for me. All throughout my 20s. To this day, they still try and have a go and I'm in my thirties. Is revenge ok for someone nasty that won't give up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Poison him slowly
    Do not do this :eek:

They'll just develop an immunity.

Advertisement