Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullies. How far would you go for revenge?

Options
  • 27-03-2016 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭

A guy who used to bully me at school has recently came back into my life arena.

I'm contemplating reversing the favour on him now I'm older. Should I let bygones be bygones?

I hate bullies. Always did.

Has anyone any bully stories from school and how you dealt with them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Poison him slowly

***realistically If it was really bad...ignore him as even if he's grown up/changed,why bring it back into your life if it was wicked bad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Wouldn't bother personally.

Let it go.

You don't have to let bygones be bygones, you don't have to be buddy buddy, but wouldn't actively seek out revenge either.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Button_y

timthumbni wrote: »

Do you want to hate yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

And what happens if he kicks ur ass ......where do you go from there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

Then don't be one now .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Poison him slowly

***realistically If it was really bad...ignore him as even if he's grown up/changed,why bring it back into your life if it was wicked bad

Ha ha. I was a fAirly big fella at school and no one messed with me aside from one fella 2 years above me. A complete scumbag. He bullied me and it was like torture.

I think bullying is horrible. I've taught my kids never to laugh at others and have good manners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Get your Son to travel back in time to a point where the bully was attempting to rape your now wife. Ideally there should be some suggestion of potential incest as your now wife falls for your now/future Son.

The bully will then end up waxing your car and some terrorists won't actually kill the mad scientist.

Make all of this into a fun family film with a guy who thinks that Andrew starts with a J.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Can you just ignore him? I think when you're thinking about revenge then the bully is still having some affect on you and for your own sake it's not good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

marienbad wrote: »
    Then don't be one now .

Good point actually. You and button y have made up my mind. I will just ignore him.

Mods . Please close thread. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Challenge him to a duel.

Worked well for homer.

Go up to him in a really busy place and pull down his trousers point and laugh.

Put brake fluid on his car, take a dump in his car and post some in his letter box.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,525 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Good point actually. You and button y have made up my mind. I will just ignore him.

Mods . Please close thread. Thanks.

Not so fast...
    Gimme your lunch money.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭MacauDragon

Tell him you want an apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

Take no notice of him and kill him with success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Kill him with success twice for good measure.

nails1......you removed your double post and now mine makes no sense.......you bully :(
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

If you decide to milk the franchise BTW don't make a third ****e film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Back then I did nothing for revenge.
    As I got older I find the best revenge is meeting them and them having to face you. They're either absolutely mortified or they pretend like nothing's happened. But I hold my head up and I look down on them. Because I've never ever been so weak as to needing to make another person hate themselves.

One girl in particular spread a very very nasty rumor around about me in secondary school. Now she's a raging cokehead, running her dads business because she couldn't hack college, and is blowing Coke up her privileged nose all weekend. I've since become friends with a lot of people she'd be friends with, and I've told them all what she done to me. One of them said it back to her and she just said she was a different person back then. Her aunt and my mom were close friends, and I would be close to her aunt in recent years, I've told her too - and she was disgusted. So she's had plenty of people say it back so she knows I've told plenty.

Another girl came up to me one night I was out. "Alex, isn't it?! I think we were in school together". I told her to never speak to me again, don't know what she's playing at pretending she didn't recognise me but rest assured I never forgot what she done to me. She wrote a big long message to me on Facebook that night saying she didn't remember what she's done to make me so upset but that she was very sorry.

Whatever. I'm better than them anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Two men enter, one man leaves. :eek:

Take no notice of him, really though.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

Kill him with success twice for good measure.

This

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

He was someone who bullied a younger kid. Now you are both adults. I guarantee he won't dare do it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

A guy who gave me grief in school works in a place that I have to visit regularly for work.

A gang of lads who gave me grief in my local area when I was younger all ended up working where I work.

They all still sneer at me, laugh at me, often to my face. They stopped hiding it years ago.

I'll never get away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Get a voodoo doll...best thing I ever bought! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

I stood up to them when I was getting bullied and made a holy show of them in front of their mates..... thick assholes.

Now I'm all grown up if i ever saw them id pass by as if they weren't there they're nobodies in my mind..........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Schwiiing wrote: »
    A guy who gave me grief in school works in a place that I have to visit regularly for work.

A gang of lads who gave me grief in my local area when I was younger all ended up working where I work.

They all still sneer at me, laugh at me, often to my face. They stopped hiding it years ago.

I'll never get away from it.

That's awful if they're in the same company HR is there and every workplace has anti bullying policies. Don't be their doormat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

There are probably 3 significant bullies that I remember. One girl in particular from when I was pre teen. A lad from when I was about 14 and a woman I used to work with.

The reason I remember them specifically is because they seemed to befriend me and then turn out of nowhere which seemed quite calculated and intentional but then they would try to be friends again. I can see that they all had some good qualities but were very unpredictable and not in a nice way.

I wouldn't want revenge on them because it seems like they were either dealing with something else that they were trying to shift onto me or they didn't have good self esteem and felt the need to control. I don't really have any bad feelings towards them but I would not trust any of them and avoid them because I can't see what good they could do for me or that I could do for them.

I'm contemplating reversing the favour on him now I'm older. Should I let bygones be bygones?

To quote Conficious

"if you choose to take a path of revenge, best dig two graves"

Not worth your energy, move on and live your life to the fullest. He is but a mere slight obstacle and test on this long journey of learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Noodles81

Your post sounds like an outline for a film I watched last night called "The Gift". It was written and stars Joel Egerton and it covers the theme of "bygones" in a very original and interesting way. I think it would be good for you to see it. It's a thriller but not in the way you expect it to be.

I saw a quote about bullies on Pinterest, it was something along the lines of: "The best revenge is to live the best life possible and let karma take care of the rest.."

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Monitor him, and see if he's still a "see you next Tuesday".

There's only one ex-bully which I can't monitor. Don't know the spelling of his surname. The other bullies have copped on, and moved on life. Most "bullies" became regular classmates when I became enemies with someone I thought was a friend. School can be odd like that. Some people can't change their stripes, and some can. Most of my old enemies, should I see them on the street, I can either have a laugh with them now, but there's a group which won't attempt to bully me, as they're f**king cowards without their mates to back them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I would hardly recognise a single tool I was in school with never mind think about or give them any time of mine.

What's in the past is that the past and I can say thanks to those that were bullies as I know I'm better for it.

Screw them op and always good if you have to get a bit of dirt on them or go on with your life laugh with them and another thing they don't get is if you slag yourself and become happier then them.

Children are such outright c#nts and some never change when there older.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

"life arena"

****ing hell, you deserve to get bullied for that alone

Advertisement