Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullies. How far would you go for revenge?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

Funny this takes me back a few years. One guy in school used to give me hassle, he was a natural bully. A few years back I was walking home from the gym, could hear shouting so took out my earphones and looked around. There he was across the road shouting at me like the tramp he was, fatter then before and with tattoos on his neck and a shaved head. He crossed the road to me and started ranting about how I thought I was the big man since school. I laughed at him and told him him to piss off before he got hurt. Anyway he was eating a bag of chips, so he puts them on the ground. I had a backpack with my gym gear which I dropped behind me. He walked towards me and swings one of the slowest punches I'd ever seen! I literally just ducked under it and came up with my fist straight under his chin. He went down like a sack of spuds. That should have been it. Problem is I was using steroids at the time and had a temper. I just kneeled on his chest and pummeled him into a bloody mess. His girlfriend was running across the road screaming and ran straight over to kick me in the head, it didn't stop me. When I was finished I just stood up, blood soaked and laughed at her. I picked up my bag and walked off.
    I later went to the guards to tell them I'd assaulted someone. They mentioned his name before I did to ask was it this guy, I said yeah and they just looked at each other. Said his mother had been in trying to report me for assault earlier on. They told me not to worry, they had dealings with the guy weekly and they'd never heard of me before. That was the last I saw of him for a couple of years. Next time I saw him I was finished work for the day and decided on a take away. Parked my car up and as I walked along I passed some guy with a beard. I half looked and just said a courteous Hello. Next thing I hear my name so I look around, realise it's him and just tell him to get lost. He follows me shouting so I stopped and walked back. He starts ranting about how his face is all scarred now so he's had to grow a beard blahblahblah..... I replied that he shouldn't be such an enormous asshole and maybe he'll remember that when he looks in the mirror. He started on about how I was lucky he had a child now or I'd be for it, I just smiled and winked, replied "sure" then spun around and walked away. He was still shouting something when I went into the take away.
    He's still a bully, saw him in a crowd since, sort of a local festival where he just stood out and shouldered some fella walking by. Then he starts sizing him up, a really small guy naturally. I just shook my head in disbelief. As far as I'm aware he has a few kids now, never had a job, is fatter then ever and is just the embodiment of a waste of space. It's amazing to look back after a few years when you've grown up and realise how miserable these people must be to behave like that. I went to far that day I assaulted him, it shames me to think about it but I suppose it was years of built up anger being unleashed.
    I didn't intend to write all this btw, just started typing and it kept coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Get him really drunk and then get a random date and words tattooed on his arm, like 'June 18th 1995: never forget'

He'll always be asked about it and never be able to answer, making him look like a real weirdo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Your Life Arena?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

when I was in second year, I wasn't bullied per se, but one or two individuals did pick on me the odd time with support from a bigger crowd. it came to a head one day, guy kept pushing me mentally, like really pushing me. I would have been known as the quiet, maybe geeky type, and to me usually it was water off a ducks back, I didn't really care. but one day, whatever the reason, I just lost it and saw red. in the resulting fight, I almost killed the bully by choking him out, his friends had to jump in and rescue him. took a fair few kicks and punches but from that day forward, for the entire following three or four years until I left the place, no one so even as looked in my direction. so satisfying even to think about now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

I found out that a boss who bullied me had a scandal in his past. I left the job and moved on, but I emailed him the links to the red top articles about him and told him I'd out him to the board of management if he pulled any of the **** he did with me with any of my colleagues.

I know my brother recently confronted someone who bullied him in school on a night out and basically told him to go fuk himself. He says he's glad he did it.

If I meet the girls who bullied me in school I ignore them. They would still be happy to have a physical fight if it got to that, and they are big girls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭storker

To quote Conficious

"if you choose to take a path of revenge, best dig two graves"

Not worth your energy, move on and live your life to the fullest. He is but a mere slight obstacle and test on this long journey of learning.

"If you sit for long enough on the river bank, you will see the bodies of your enemies floating by." (Sun Tzu)

As far as dealing with bullies goes, I've always taken it that to indicate that people who are nasty enough to bully others will eventually provide the means of their own undoing. Just make sure you keep up to date about them in some way. You don't want to be looking the other way having a Kitkat when that body floats past...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Another girl came up to me one night I was out. "Alex, isn't it?! I think we were in school together". I told her to never speak to me again, don't know what she's playing at pretending she didn't recognise me but rest assured I never forgot what she done to me. She wrote a big long message to me on Facebook that night saying she didn't remember what she's done to make me so upset but that she was very sorry.

Listed to an interesting piece about a journalist who was embedded with a violent Motorcycle Club in California. The journalist was in school with the club leader and the leader used to beat up the journalist every day. Fast forward 30 years and the leader loves fighting so when he thought back to his school days, he remembered the journalist as being one of his best friends because they were constantly fighting.

Strange how someone could mistake bullying for friendship.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Strange how someone could mistake bullying for friendship.
    Although I have no sympathy for them, I find it sad that the childhood of some bullies was so f**ked up, that they considered anyone that they had daily human interaction with as a "friend", even if that interaction was bullying.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Brindor

Revenge just adds more fuel to the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I still live in the same place I went to school when I moved to Ireland, as do most of the people who gave me a hard time in school. I just completely blank them when I cross them in the street or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Unless it's an extreme example where it's more physical or mental torture you best option is just to be honest. If you can't avoid them maybe tell them they were complete arseholes to you, explain why/how it affected you, let them say their piece and move on. It's great closure. Planning on revenge is a waste of your time and life. And people do grow up and mature so if they've any conscience they'll regret it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Liberosis

Most of the bullying i have witnessed, or been on the receiving end of was in school. I guess I'm sorta quiet so that made me a bit of a target. Something that most of them seem to have in common, is that they target people who they don't expect to fight back.

There is only so much sh1t a person can take and after one has reached their limit, physical strength can become irrelevant. I am not the strongest but have made a show of lads much bigger than me. In my experience once they know you can and will fight back they tend to back off.

There was two lads in particular that I couldn't stand. One of them left school and is now in prison after a drink fueled assault. The other lad used to bully one person in particular, who was very intelligent but quiet and awkward socially. He was harmless really. But one day during lunch the bully in question went to far when he challenged him to a fight. A hugh crowd gathered as the physically well built bully got his arse kicked! The principal came out and dragged the prick by the ear into his office. Amazingly he wasn't expelled, although he left school soon after because no one would let it down. He's now in the army.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

There was a nasty group of bullies through a large part of my life when in primary school from many years ago.

From recent times I encountered one of those bullies from that period of my life while he was heading home on the train from college one evening. He is a currently a student in a local third level college from where I live but I won't say the location or even name the scumbag. He passed me by, while I was standing beside my mother, & he gave me offensive remarks saying some words beginning with a F or a W. I didn't want to hear it for my sanity but him passing me at that point left me with a lot of rage & anger on my face which in a way is not recommended for the faintest of hearts to see.

This same scumbag had a criminal record for minor offences while I searched about him through news articles on him via Google some years ago. I wasn't the least bit surprised in him being a significant troublemaker throughout that period. He was regularly in trouble with the Gardai after he ran off from problems he encountered with teachers & principal from school & even ran off from school. He also ran off from them while he stayed in my house under false pretenses while running away from his family with his other issues.

The worst thing is that he is about two months younger than me. That is what is more sickening about encountering this stuff.

If I had to face him right now; on the street or whatever ****hole he came from; I would love to see karma being placed on him in small ways that would make his life a true misery. It is just better to ignore the bullies as they pass you by as you will encounter a much sweeter life ahead of you with your own family & from those who love & support you through this difficult process.

It is a wonderful time for you to get that support from them if you need it to ease your pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I got bullied by 2 cnuts in Secondary. As is the case most of the time, I said nothing at home, trying to ignore it. It was hell at times. It got to the stage where I brought a vintage Gurkha knife in to school one day belonging to my father. It was only by the grace of god they said nothing to me that day because I fully intended to use it.

Eventually my older brother found out after one of them knocked me out with a chair. He smashed your man up. I eventually turned on the other fcuker one day and kicked him in the balls and gave him a box in the mouth. He gave me a few digs back, but the initial look of surprise on his face was priceless. He did try to give me a bit of grief after but soon gave up when he didn't have his sidekick backing him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Dard23 wrote: »
    Funny this takes me back a few years. One guy in school used to give me hassle, he was a natural bully. A few years back I was walking home from the gym, could hear shouting so took out my earphones and looked around. There he was across the road shouting at me like the tramp he was, fatter then before and with tattoos on his neck and a shaved head. He crossed the road to me and started ranting about how I thought I was the big man since school. I laughed at him and told him him to piss off before he got hurt. Anyway he was eating a bag of chips, so he puts them on the ground. I had a backpack with my gym gear which I dropped behind me. He walked towards me and swings one of the slowest punches I'd ever seen! I literally just ducked under it and came up with my fist straight under his chin. He went down like a sack of spuds. That should have been it. Problem is I was using steroids at the time and had a temper. I just kneeled on his chest and pummeled him into a bloody mess. His girlfriend was running across the road screaming and ran straight over to kick me in the head, it didn't stop me. When I was finished I just stood up, blood soaked and laughed at her. I picked up my bag and walked off.
    I later went to the guards to tell them I'd assaulted someone. They mentioned his name before I did to ask was it this guy, I said yeah and they just looked at each other. Said his mother had been in trying to report me for assault earlier on. They told me not to worry, they had dealings with the guy weekly and they'd never heard of me before. That was the last I saw of him for a couple of years. Next time I saw him I was finished work for the day and decided on a take away. Parked my car up and as I walked along I passed some guy with a beard. I half looked and just said a courteous Hello. Next thing I hear my name so I look around, realise it's him and just tell him to get lost. He follows me shouting so I stopped and walked back. He starts ranting about how his face is all scarred now so he's had to grow a beard blahblahblah..... I replied that he shouldn't be such an enormous asshole and maybe he'll remember that when he looks in the mirror. He started on about how I was lucky he had a child now or I'd be for it, I just smiled and winked, replied "sure" then spun around and walked away. He was still shouting something when I went into the take away.
    He's still a bully, saw him in a crowd since, sort of a local festival where he just stood out and shouldered some fella walking by. Then he starts sizing him up, a really small guy naturally. I just shook my head in disbelief. As far as I'm aware he has a few kids now, never had a job, is fatter then ever and is just the embodiment of a waste of space. It's amazing to look back after a few years when you've grown up and realise how miserable these people must be to behave like that. I went to far that day I assaulted him, it shames me to think about it but I suppose it was years of built up anger being unleashed.
    I didn't intend to write all this btw, just started typing and it kept coming out.

I read all this waiting to hear what happened to his chips:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

I hate bullies with a passion. Especially since I've had kids it's gotten more intense.

One of my boys is Autistic and this is leaving him open to bullying throughout his life. I don't worry too much about my other kids as Im sure they can handle it in their own way.

I have thoughts on how I would deal with them, some quite shocking to be honest. I have a very, veery short fuse to a fault and constantly try to suppress my automatic responses with a more don't get mad, get even approach.

It's what drives me now to do me best and provide for their/our future sometimes to the point of exhaustion.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The only one that tried it got an 80s school chair to the face. Then we grew up. He's a pretty decent sort now TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

I'd say go for revenge but be smart about it. Best way is to befriend a mysterious & intense stranger (hospital waiting areas are a good spot for this) who will track the bully down & kill him while he's riding a hooker. Don't lend him your car afterwards though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭storker

Brindor wrote: »
    Revenge just adds more fuel to the fire.

Yeah...fire....good idea.

(Must...turn...off...Tuco Salamanca mode....)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I was bullied in second and third year in secondary school. It was horrible and very isolating. That was over 25 years ago now and I don't feel any ill will towards the guys who bullied me. I'd like to think that they've grown up, matured and long since moved on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

timthumbni wrote: »
    A guy who used to bully me at school has recently came back into my life arena.

I'm contemplating reversing the favour on him now I'm older. Should I let bygones be bygones?

I hate bullies. Always did.

Has anyone any bully stories from school and how you dealt with them?

Chinese proverb: If you sit long enough by the river you will see the bodies of your persecutors floating by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

feargale wrote: »
    Chinese proverb: If you sit long enough by the river you will see the bodies of your persecutors floating by.

I think that's a misquote from the Art of War

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Not so sure how far I'd go for revenge. Admittedly, I do find it rather satisfying when I see one of them has dropped out of school and others in prison already :rolleyes: I know that makes me sound like a horrid individual, but I think it's a coping mechanism and isn't something I'd readily admit offline.

I did have a particularly difficult childhood and was bullied pretty badly for 10 years or so. I still have nightmares, panic attacks and have struggled with body an eating issues as a result.

One particular incident: I was 10/11 years old, had a bad day of school between girls making fun of my looks and weight, and beaten really badly by one of the boys. Was walking out to the gates to meet one of my parents, when I was grabbed around a corner to the back of one of the classroom prefabs. A boy from the class held me at knifepoint while the other started to punch me, kick me and pull my hair. They said if I screamed or reported it, I'd be dead within seconds. I still to this day don't know where two boys that age could have gotten a butcher knife, or how they brought it to school. I did report the incident the next day, and the school did absolutely nothing about it. The same boy brought that knife to school the next day, and it wasn't even confiscated. Infact, the principal referred to me as a "stupid child" for getting into the position.

Both of those boys are now dead. One died in a car crash, the other suicide. That's something that I find harrowing and ironic. However, I do not find it satisfying and I do not feel that I "won" by any means, I do not view this as revenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

pablo128 wrote: »
    I got bullied by 2 cnuts in Secondary. As is the case most of the time, I said nothing at home, trying to ignore it. It was hell at times. It got to the stage where I brought a vintage Gurkha knife in to school one day belonging to my father. It was only by the grace of god they said nothing to me that day because I fully intended to use it.

Eventually my older brother found out after one of them knocked me out with a chair. He smashed your man up. I eventually turned on the other fcuker one day and kicked him in the balls and gave him a box in the mouth. He gave me a few digs back, but the initial look of surprise on his face was priceless. He did try to give me a bit of grief after but soon gave up when he didn't have his sidekick backing him up.

I have been bullied by different people in schools/jobs etc over the years as I'm fairly quiet and people tend to judge me fairly quickly. Mostly, I have ignored them and it has worked in MOST cases, they just move on to the next person when they get bored taunting me and get nothing from me in response.
    Except one.
    She tormented the living life out of me when we were about 14 or so. She was in the extended circle of friends and she REALLY didn't like me(never gave her a reason but in hindsight I think it was because one of the lads in the group liked me, I had no interest in him, but I later found she liked him. Petty teenage stuff)
    She never left me alone, and I mean never. No matter how much I tired the "ignoring" tactic, she just kept on and on and on.
    Until one evening she just went too far. She was calling me names. jeering, taunting and I was walking off(told the rest "Ah, I've to head home")then she pushed me from behind and sent me flying face first. Everyone laughed. I still to this day remember it.
    Well....I just lost it!!!! I just went for her :D
    She didnt see it coming for a second and I dont know where the hell it came from but I guess I just had enough.
    She never said a SINGLE word to me after that ;)
    Recently, someone on my FB list must be friends with her as she was tagged in something. I got my revenge in the end. She is the same age as me, but looks 20 years bloody older and hasn't aged well.
    I guess her badness came through in her face in the end ;)

Seen this video from Foil, Arms and Hog and it made me think of this thread. its brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭Augme

Back then I did nothing for revenge.
    As I got older I find the best revenge is meeting them and them having to face you. They're either absolutely mortified or they pretend like nothing's happened. But I hold my head up and I look down on them. Because I've never ever been so weak as to needing to make another person hate themselves.

One girl in particular spread a very very nasty rumor around about me in secondary school. Now she's a raging cokehead, running her dads business because she couldn't hack college, and is blowing Coke up her privileged nose all weekend. I've since become friends with a lot of people she'd be friends with, and I've told them all what she done to me. One of them said it back to her and she just said she was a different person back then. Her aunt and my mom were close friends, and I would be close to her aunt in recent years, I've told her too - and she was disgusted. So she's had plenty of people say it back so she knows I've told plenty.

Another girl came up to me one night I was out. "Alex, isn't it?! I think we were in school together". I told her to never speak to me again, don't know what she's playing at pretending she didn't recognise me but rest assured I never forgot what she done to me. She wrote a big long message to me on Facebook that night saying she didn't remember what she's done to make me so upset but that she was very sorry.

Whatever. I'm better than them anyway

Given what follows the ironing is pretty funny. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Knew someone who used to be so nasty towards me. I would never know what I did and they would turn on me. Until one day I lost it, i just had enough and had it out with them and didn't speak for two years after that. But with family, you kind of have to give another chance so i did.

Only this time, i could have told them things like they had a bad BO problem, but i didn't. They went around smelling of BO. No one else ever said a thing and other people had to smell them and I could have warned them but it was more fun letting them go around smelling. They were too stuck up thinking they were perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Not related to bullying but I put an ex's phone through their letter box in a bag of dog ****e.

It made me feel better at the time. But now it feels stupid that I wasted that effort to slightly annoy him, which tbh wasn't good since he had gotten arrested and I really should have given his phone to the Garda.

Tl;dr. If your going to get revenge do it smart. But it's better to be the bigger person.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

Lau2976 wrote: »
    Not related to bullying but I put an ex's phone through their letter box in a bag of dog ****e.

It made me feel better at the time. But now it feels stupid that I wasted that effort to slightly annoy him, which tbh wasn't good since he had gotten arrested and I really should have given his phone to the Garda.

Tl;dr. If your going to get revenge do it smart. But it's better to be the bigger person.

to be honest that says more about you than your ex .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

marienbad wrote: »
    to be honest that says more about you than your ex .

Which was the reason I posted it...?

To show the OP that no matter what the person did on them they'll look stupid for retaliating

Advertisement