Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Film Photography thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,713 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

where's the crack? in the pressure plate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

where's the crack? in the pressure plate?

I said the wrong phrase, more like a scratch on the lens of the camera it looks?
    Not too fussed, I will use that camera still just for non arty snaps of friends etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,713 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if it was a scratch on the lens, it'd be much more out of focus than that, probably not even visible as a scratch on the neg.
    could be a hair or fibre - interesting that it forms a near perfect corner to corner diagonal.

if it was a scratch on the lens, it'd be much more out of focus than that, probably not even visible as a scratch on the neg.
    could be a hair or fibre - interesting that it forms a near perfect corner to corner diagonal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

yeah it's weird. Likely to be a hair caught in the film gate, maybe something dragging out of the film canister and getting pulled across the gate against the film. Open the camera and check. I've never seen the like. On the other hand, if poor aul Cecil On Ice (or whatever his name is) ends up sliced in half by a descending door or something at some point we can safely ascribe the workings of the antichrist himself to the picture. Simples.

• Advertisement

yeah it's weird. Likely to be a hair caught in the film gate, maybe something dragging out of the film canister and getting pulled across the gate against the film. Open the camera and check. I've never seen the like. On the other hand, if poor aul Cecil On Ice (or whatever his name is) ends up sliced in half by a descending door or something at some point we can safely ascribe the workings of the antichrist himself to the picture. Simples.

Looking through the rest of the images, the "scratch" is the exact same in all the images? I will check for any hair in the film gate or any protruding things scratching film as it winds? Then use a roll and hope whatever is wrong is fixed :D

e.g..

30591084380_e7b0599c0d_c.jpgSnaps by Elena Ní Dhoriadh, on Flickr

30591087480_7f083851ab_c.jpgSnaps by Elena Ní Dhoriadh, on Flickr

Odd.

failinis wrote: »
    Looking through the rest of the images, the "scratch" is the exact same in all the images? I will check for any hair in the film gate or any protruding things scratching film as it winds? Then use a roll and hope whatever is wrong is fixed :D

Can you see it on the negative? Could be wherever you got them dev'd / scanned has a big ole hair sitting on their scan platen.

Can you see it on the negative? Could be wherever you got them dev'd / scanned has a big ole hair sitting on their scan platen.

Ha, why did I not think to check the negatives :rolleyes:

Just looked and the same "scratch" is on the negs.
    However, I got 3 rolls developed at the same time and it only appears on 1 roll.

failinis wrote: »
    Ha, why did I not think to check the negatives :rolleyes:

Just looked and the same "scratch" is on the negs.
    However, I got 3 rolls developed at the same time and it only appears on 1 roll.

Curiouser and curiouser. Is it an actual scratch? or just look like part of the picture ? I'd say if it's only on one roll it was something that just got in when you were changing film and then fell out again next time.

Curiouser and curiouser. Is it an actual scratch? or just look like part of the picture ? I'd say if it's only on one roll it was something that just got in when you were changing film and then fell out again next time.

Well, I can't tell if its a scratch on the negative or white space caused by say a thread blocking it.

If I remember correctly the one with the "scratch" was the last roll to be shot, so could be likely its a damn thread or something.

Will find out when I use her again!

• Advertisement

Still using up my half frame and still need to load the camera that is causing the mystery marks.

30743325106_0f94dc8dce_c.jpgGolden Half by Elena Ní Dhoriadh, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

30675261160_e44e640074_c.jpg
    Indifferent Deference by Thomas Heade, on Flickr

Nikon F3 / Series E 50mm f2.8
    Delta 100 / ISO100
    HC110 1:31 / 7.5mins

East Pier

31163808595_92cf60ea95_c.jpg

31148281026_131207d403_c.jpgmore snaps by Elena Ní Dhoriadh, on Flickr

Practikia and Afga 200

Found in local charity shop - if anyone wishes for me to post them let me know (they looked in good nick inside with original cases).

camerastuff_zpsxua00l8m.jpg

Not a great photo - but there was a dog in the studio :D

29529452833_dabf6eb9a8_c.jpgStudio snaps by Elena Ní Dhoriadh, on Flickr

Praktica P90 AF Super - on afga vista 200 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

First roll from the Spotmatic. Far more impressive when not scanned from a print.

yWAeoBml.jpg

This rather sums up how I feel about a lot of things. Apologies for the dust on the scan.

Jfe9MYdl.jpg

I really like this thing so far. Using Superia 400.

Wrapping

31378819640_a23b553f39_c.jpg

t-max 100 @ 400 | xtol 1:1 13min

31969167745_930d9cc64c_c.jpg

Portra 400 | Pentax 50mm f/1.4 takumar

did you ever find a use for that dupe film? i was talking to the chap today who'd given it to me, he was curious if you were able to use it.

• Advertisement

did you ever find a use for that dupe film? i was talking to the chap today who'd given it to me, he was curious if you were able to use it.

Haven't spooled it yet, haven't yet got round to getting a bulk film loader. It's on the list :-D I was more 120 / glass plates / screwing around with Instax for the last while in experimenty mode :D

31225413713_0e38a18441_c.jpg

Agfa 200 | Helios 44m

• Registered Users Posts: 1 manhlinhnguyen

Hi, I love this pic so much. Black and white is my favorite, and hope to see more photos like this sir. Thank you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GypsyBiker

Mamiya c330 with 80mm, HP5 processed in HC 110.
    Juggler, Dublin, Ireland
    31977500321_08f937e34c_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GypsyBiker

Cooley Mtns, Portra 400 (rated 320)
    I recently picked up a Agfa Isolette II (1954) for €14 on Fleabay, this image was from the first roll I ran through it.

30564859213_610658808a_z.jpg

Third Rock

31376809034_3c3ae62fb8_c.jpg

Agfa Isola 2 | Tmax 100 @ 400 | Xtol

Killiney

32254357955_2eaf3e1dc1_c.jpg

Agfa Isola 2 | Tmax 100 @ 400 | Xtol

Siege Engineering

31521432833_23e730aaa0_c.jpg

Fuji 64T x-process | Takumar 50mm f/1.4

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Aramicon

32592492576_6bc1a66e17_b.jpg

Hasselblad 501C, Zeiss 80mm lens

Ilford Delta 100 film, processed in Rodinal, scanned with Epson V550

Lee Big Stopper and Hasselblad Orange filters

I think it was a 2 minute exposure at f8 or so. I always intend and forget to write the exact settings down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

32511636221_1ce3fe0179_c.jpgDSC03535 by shanephelan, on Flickr
    Save

Advertisement