Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 6 | Episode 15 | East [AMC] [SPOILERS]

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

I think he was mixing you up with the poster above who posts the same stuff every week

Yep sorry Liamalone, my bad, amended my post. I meant to comment on the constant bile week in week out by Mr Nice Guy. I'm getting pretty sick of it at this stage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Not sure why someone would keep watching a show they don't like, what a waste of time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yep sorry Liamalone, my bad, amended my post. I meant to comment on the constant bile week in week out by Mr Nice Guy. I'm getting pretty sick of it at this stage.

If you are so precious that you can't handle criticism of a TV show then one wonders what you're doing frequenting a discussion forum in the first place. Do you only want this place to be an echo chamber where only positive opinions abound?

I notice those who complain most about my criticisms don't tend to bother addressing the points I make, but will instead deflect the criticism on the grounds that it's a zombie show so who cares if stuff doesn't make sense, or perhaps will offer a rolleyes smiley face whilst telling me not to watch etc.

The fact is there are plenty of people on this forum who share my frustration with the show's recent direction and our opinions have value too.

For the record, I do consider myself a fan of the show otherwise I wouldn't watch. I've mentioned before how binge watching the first couple of seasons was one of my most fun viewing experiences. But the show imo has been careering off a cliff the past year or so and there's nothing wrong with expressing the frustration involved with that. I don't want to give up on the show because I've invested a lot of hours in it at this point and I want to see if the show can actually wrap up in a satisfactory way and I have a hope, foolish or otherwise, that the show might be able to turn itself around from what I consider to be a severe dip in quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Already looking forward to your essay(s) tomorrow Mr Nice Guy!
    I envisage it will be a little longer than usual as its the season finale and twenty minutes longer!! You should be extra infuriated, I speculate!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Already looking forward to your essay(s) tomorrow Mr Nice Guy!
    I envisage it will be a little longer than usual as its the season finale and twenty minutes longer!! You should be extra infuriated, I speculate!

Honestly your aggressive posts towards those who have the temerity to take a different opinion to your own are quite bizarre. It's just a television show, you know. No need to get so worked up.

Honestly your aggressive posts towards those who have the temerity to take a different opinion to your own are quite bizarre. It's just a television show, you know. No need to get so worked up.

aggressive!!! seriously! I was mocking you for your infuriated and tempered lengthy reviews!

You are advising menot to get so worked up about a comic based tv show!!

I officially think you are a Wind Up Merchant at this stage!:D

Enjoy (Or Don't) the show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Settle petals, it's all fun n games til someone loses an eye!

Oh, hold on......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Does anyone know what the broadcast time is in the US for the finale?

baza Rakus wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the broadcast time is in the US for the finale?

usually 2am on AMC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

usually 2am on AMC.

Hmmmm ... stay up to watch it OR avoid internet completely tomorrow and rely on nobody in work having a big gob ... ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Criticism is fine. But Mr Nice Guy seems to criticise every fckn episode. :rolleyes:

If an episode deserves criticism, then it should be criticized. This season has been one of the poorest, and a lot of people have that opinion, and hence has drawn a lot of criticism from long time fans of the show. I liked some of the episodes, I hated some of them, and others I simply found boring. I'd like the show to improve, and I still want to know how it plays out. But if I don't like an episode I won't be silenced by someone blind to it's failings and who's only input to the discussion is to criticize those that do comment on the show itself.
    Yakult wrote: »
    Not sure why someone would keep watching a show they don't like, what a waste of time!

Seems to be the stock response to anyone that criticizes a long running show around here. Instead of telling someone to stop watching, you could just as easily not respond yourself. Or better yet, retort on the comments made, point out how these opinions are only one side of it, but no, better to just tell them to stop watching. If no one responded to anyone else, no one had opinion, and no one was allowed any retort then this wouldn't be much of a discussion forum, would it?

Why should I stop watching a show simply because I don't like some aspects of it, or because I haven't liked any of the recent story lines, writing or the crappy way the show treats the audience? Maybe it'll get better. I hope it does, but I'm not going to stop watching it simply because someone else loves it and doesn't like when people talk the truth about it.

Advertisement