Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 | Episode 15 | East [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Also if the baby died inside her, would it come back to life and eat her from the inside out?

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭LandoCalrissian

The episode just seemed "off" for me - possibly because the pacing in the previous episodes was different

The treatment of Carols character no longer works - you cant just have her switching from "bad-ass killer chick" to "mom on the verge of a breakdown" just on the basis of the situation she finds herself in

Maybe I am wrong but to me this just make no sense

I wasn't overly impressed barring the last few seconds but to be honest that just excites me about the next episode not this one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Decent ep, not as strong as the others this (half) season but good lead up to the finale.

Was not expecting Daryl to get shot at all but he'll be grand I'm sure.

Christ I cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

The episode just seemed "off" for me - possibly because the pacing in the previous episodes was different

The treatment of Carols character no longer works - you cant just have her switching from "bad-ass killer chick" to "mom on the verge of a breakdown" just on the basis of the situation she finds herself in

Maybe I am wrong but to me this just make no sense

I wasn't overly impressed barring the last few seconds but to be honest that just excites me about the next episode not this one

I think her arc is OK , Leaving aside the bizarre ed209 moment, She has been shown to be a fruit loop and on verge of cracking several times before. Her murders of the sick in season 4, She was about to drive off on her own into sunset in season 5 as well but Daryl stopped her and in "consumed" shes was on about how she was being consumed by this world and looked fierce depressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Was the guy "looking for his horse" the same guy that was following them? I didn't think he was as he was dressed different and how did he get ahead of them. If not then how come Rick didn't come across the guy following them when heading back to Alexandria. It went from the guy following them, to the scenes with Rick and Morgan to Rick being back at Alexandria.

• Advertisement

It wasn't the same guy, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

The thing with Carol is she no longer feels in control of her killing, leaving was to avoid killing people she knew. It makes sense in a walking dead way.
    The pacing was woefully in this episode, I get they were trying to show how comfortable Alexandra is and how much they had to loose but it make all the characters heading off for various reasons look like carelessness rather than rash reactions to events.
    The shock at the end was a shock but we know its not final, theirs still an episode to go so once you get over the jolt its hardly even a cliff hanger.
    Nice glimpse of Lucille in the promo though, with all the shots of Maggie and glen at the start I wonder if the producers are playing to comic readers or playing to them. The big event is still open to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

no, it's not 90 minutes

It will be just over an hour long, it's 90mins with ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Can someone clear this up for me, so Carol had a SMG or something up her sleeve? Then when the driver gets out she has no gun or what happened??

Poor enough episode except for the last scene. Hated Maggie's new haircut and the sooner they get rid of Morgan the better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I think Carol had the equivalent of a wizard's sleeve, pure magic up there. Only magic could've had the effect of wiping out five guys in the blink of an eye.

Liamalone wrote: »
    I think Carol had the equivalent of a wizard's sleeve, pure magic up there. Only magic could've had the effect of wiping out five guys in the blink of an eye.

"That woman is a force of nature" - Rick Grimes

The crying is getting on my nerves now.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Jofspring wrote: »
    Was the guy "looking for his horse" the same guy that was following them? I didn't think he was as he was dressed different and how did he get ahead of them. If not then how come Rick didn't come across the guy following them when heading back to Alexandria. It went from the guy following them, to the scenes with Rick and Morgan to Rick being back at Alexandria.

I thought he was following Carol and they were following him? Assuming he was the guy that walked off into the field?

He was following Rick/Morgan, when they first arrive at the car scene you can spot him in the bushes looking on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

He was on a horse. They were slowly coursing for tracks in a vast countryside. Not too hard to gallop around them without being seen.

maximoose wrote: »
    He was following Rick/Morgan, when they first arrive at the car scene you can spot him in the bushes looking on
    I think whoever posted that is trying to make something out of nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

He was on a horse. They were slowly coursing for tracks in a vast countryside. Not too hard to gallop around them without being seen.

The guy that came out of he bushes was on a horse? They showed him walk into the field after Rick and Morgan, no sign of any horse.

The sequence of events were:

Carol shoot up
    Carol apparently leaves with one survivor in the jeep, don't know how he was missed.
    We see him walk off and a few seconds later Rick and Morgan arrive.
    Rick and Morgan go to track Carol.
    Guy comes out of the woods to follow them.
    Rick and Morgan come across a guy "looking for his horse"
    Have their chat and Rick heads back to Alexandria somehow completely avoiding the guy following them.

Guy looking for horse seemed to have body armour of some sort so a different guy to the fella following Rick and Morgan.

Morgan's story made little sense either. If Morgan killed the wolf from day one then Denise would not have been put in the situation in the first place where he had to save her. So while it showed people can change it also showed the situation was potentially avoidable from day one.

Jofspring wrote: »
    The guy that came out of he bushes was on a horse? They showed him walk into the field after Rick and Morgan, no sign of any horse.

The sequence of events were:

Carol shoot up
    Carol apparently leaves with one survivor in the jeep, don't know how he was missed.
    We see him walk off and a few seconds later Rick and Morgan arrive.
    Rick and Morgan go to track Carol.
    Guy comes out of the woods to follow them.
    Rick and Morgan come across a guy "looking for his horse"
    Have their chat and Rick heads back to Alexandria somehow completely avoiding the guy following them.

Guy looking for horse seemed to have body armour of some sort so a different guy to the fella following Rick and Morgan.

Morgan's story made little sense either. If Morgan killed the wolf from day one then Denise would not have been put in the situation in the first place where he had to save her. So while it showed people can change it also showed the situation was potentially avoidable from day one.

[R]ah im a comic reader so i probably know a bit too much re whats going on. I actually missed your man in the bushes at the time. Id have to watch it again.

Ha morgans a bit of an emotional blackmailer using Carls survival to justify his wolf capturing! I think he was more on the lines of emphasising that eventually the wolf did change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Morgan is a wee bit evangelical about his own personal beliefs. He should just accept everyone else is Kill Or Be Killed.

Sooner he gets bit or shot the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Lads, how did Morgan go from one of the best characters to one of the worst?! When him and Rick arrived at the massacre and he gets out of the car with his stick, complete bollox. I was actually really hoping he would either get killed at the barn or Rick just kill him as he can't be trusted to have their backs any more.

Morgan's shyte philosophy of 'if this' and 'if that', complete liability, him and his stick can feck off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭Totoro88

I feel stupid for wondering if Daryl really got his brain blown out there because well... he really seemed to.

So excited for Negan, next week's promo is awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Totoro88 wrote: »
    I feel stupid for wondering if Daryl really got his brain blown out there because well... he really seemed to.

So excited for Negan, next week's promo is awesome!

No, you hear the guy say " you'll be ok in a while" or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

tommy2bad wrote: »
    No, you hear the guy say " you'll be ok in a while" or similar.

Yeah, I just assumed it was a "disarming" shot to the shoulder or similar. It didn't look like Dwight was aiming at his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I was expecting to see a lot more criticism in here of that episode than it got!
    It just felt weirdly off for me, and it was little more than setting the wheels in motion for whatever is to come next week but it did that very clunkily.

There was such a lack of common sense through so many characters it was kind of bizarre. It was like this domino effect of stoopidity. Carol leaves, oh I'm going after her, Daryl leaves, oh I'm going after him...and me...me too!

I know Rick thinks they're all invincible now (as we were not so subtly told in his Garden of Eden scene with Michonne) and maybe his arrogance is seeping down through the rest of them but was the situation with Daryl so desperate that Glen, Rosita and Michonne just decided on the spot to take off like that? Are they not supposed to clear these things with Rick first? Glenn in particular. His pregnant wife had just been through some really bad stuff and now he ups and leaves her. Bad enough that Morgan then goes off after Carol but Rick too? Come on.

Clearly, bad decisions like that will have consequences and so they get captured but you're just thinking why go off like that in the first place? It was the same with Denise. The only doctor in the town should never have been allowed even look outside, never mind go for a long drive that puts her in harm's way.

Maybe the writers are banking on the finale to be so good that we'll all forget about this episode but these are ridiculous calls that are getting them into these awful situations.

I've really enjoyed this season and I can't wait to see how this all pans out but there has to be logic to at least some of it. There's such an air of impending doom about it now that I'm almost not looking forward to the finale!

P.S. If anyone mentions the promo for the next episode can they spoiler it in future? There's a reason why some of us don't watch them!

Yeah, perhaps some sort of kidnapping last week could have set the trail in motion better. Or even one of Tara and Heath returning with the other kidnapped. I actually didnt think Carol leaving was out of her character arc. Its been building up since Wolfgate and Samgate. Shes clearly not thinking straight and emotionally messed up so I could buy that. Daryl however leaving was not built up enough.

Glenn, Michonne and Rosita all have an afiliation to Daryl so them following him to retrieve him was understandable and the fact the former two decided to turn back when they realised there was nothing they could do with Daryl to change his mind was at least logical sense.

Rick wanting to retrieve Carol who he has been with from the start and saved his life I could buy and I can just about accept Morgan feeling somewhat responsible for Carols current state of mind.

Rick decided to turn back. At least that was reasonable and Morgans free spirit roaming sense of being could explain his decision to try save Carol. "All life is precious" being his mantra.

I accept it was far too hastily put in motion but I guess if editorally wise they slowed the decision making process down the episode would have really been a damp squid.

As you said, next week is set up now to be a belter so one frustrating in parts episode ill forgive them for if they follow thtough next Sunday with a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Dont know if Tara will be back. Without googling, she looked pretty pregnant before she left!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

It was incredibly dumb that the writers never even explored that with them. Instead they just made out both were like any thrilled expectant parents.

Babies don't have teeth tho... So would it not be like normal kicking... And once dead nature would ensure labour starts... I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

An undead baby would likely cause a serious infection even if it couldn't bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

They asked on Talking Dead if the guy looking for his horse was some knight dude from the comics.

Rite now if you were the Saviors you would - with the kill count being like - Alexandria 52 - 1 Saviors - you'd be like THESE GUYS ARE MURDERING BAR STEWARDS, let's kill em all!

So I reckon when Negan lines folk up to be POP-POP-SPLOOSHED that he won't just kill one major character. He'll kill loads of em. I bloody would!

Carol's breakdown and exit jus grates, doesn't make sense. The actress is top notch tho, so for me she pulls it off. I dunno, maybe she wants a break from the show so is gonna go nomad/kung-fu for a bit? With Morgan trailing her. Next week snippets seemed to show him n not her.

I loved the way they showed the Daryll shooting at the end - so quick and unexpected! I reckon they put the guy saying "He'll/You'll be alrite" just after the credits showed up just to avoid the mass social media outrage they got when they made it look like Glenn bought it. They want us to tink about Negan and who Negan does in before next week's finale, and nothing else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Anyone else think Rick was going to put a slug between Morgan's eye during his speech

Advertisement