Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 6 | Episode 15 | East [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭Totoro88

I feel stupid for wondering if Daryl really got his brain blown out there because well... he really seemed to.

So excited for Negan, next week's promo is awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Totoro88 wrote: »
    I feel stupid for wondering if Daryl really got his brain blown out there because well... he really seemed to.

So excited for Negan, next week's promo is awesome!

No, you hear the guy say " you'll be ok in a while" or similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭crisco10

tommy2bad wrote: »
    No, you hear the guy say " you'll be ok in a while" or similar.

Yeah, I just assumed it was a "disarming" shot to the shoulder or similar. It didn't look like Dwight was aiming at his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I was expecting to see a lot more criticism in here of that episode than it got!
    It just felt weirdly off for me, and it was little more than setting the wheels in motion for whatever is to come next week but it did that very clunkily.

There was such a lack of common sense through so many characters it was kind of bizarre. It was like this domino effect of stoopidity. Carol leaves, oh I'm going after her, Daryl leaves, oh I'm going after him...and me...me too!

I know Rick thinks they're all invincible now (as we were not so subtly told in his Garden of Eden scene with Michonne) and maybe his arrogance is seeping down through the rest of them but was the situation with Daryl so desperate that Glen, Rosita and Michonne just decided on the spot to take off like that? Are they not supposed to clear these things with Rick first? Glenn in particular. His pregnant wife had just been through some really bad stuff and now he ups and leaves her. Bad enough that Morgan then goes off after Carol but Rick too? Come on.

Clearly, bad decisions like that will have consequences and so they get captured but you're just thinking why go off like that in the first place? It was the same with Denise. The only doctor in the town should never have been allowed even look outside, never mind go for a long drive that puts her in harm's way.

Maybe the writers are banking on the finale to be so good that we'll all forget about this episode but these are ridiculous calls that are getting them into these awful situations.

I've really enjoyed this season and I can't wait to see how this all pans out but there has to be logic to at least some of it. There's such an air of impending doom about it now that I'm almost not looking forward to the finale!

P.S. If anyone mentions the promo for the next episode can they spoiler it in future? There's a reason why some of us don't watch them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Yeah, perhaps some sort of kidnapping last week could have set the trail in motion better. Or even one of Tara and Heath returning with the other kidnapped. I actually didnt think Carol leaving was out of her character arc. Its been building up since Wolfgate and Samgate. Shes clearly not thinking straight and emotionally messed up so I could buy that. Daryl however leaving was not built up enough.

Glenn, Michonne and Rosita all have an afiliation to Daryl so them following him to retrieve him was understandable and the fact the former two decided to turn back when they realised there was nothing they could do with Daryl to change his mind was at least logical sense.

Rick wanting to retrieve Carol who he has been with from the start and saved his life I could buy and I can just about accept Morgan feeling somewhat responsible for Carols current state of mind.

Rick decided to turn back. At least that was reasonable and Morgans free spirit roaming sense of being could explain his decision to try save Carol. "All life is precious" being his mantra.

I accept it was far too hastily put in motion but I guess if editorally wise they slowed the decision making process down the episode would have really been a damp squid.

As you said, next week is set up now to be a belter so one frustrating in parts episode ill forgive them for if they follow thtough next Sunday with a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Dont know if Tara will be back. Without googling, she looked pretty pregnant before she left!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

It was incredibly dumb that the writers never even explored that with them. Instead they just made out both were like any thrilled expectant parents.

Babies don't have teeth tho... So would it not be like normal kicking... And once dead nature would ensure labour starts... I think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

An undead baby would likely cause a serious infection even if it couldn't bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

They asked on Talking Dead if the guy looking for his horse was some knight dude from the comics.

Rite now if you were the Saviors you would - with the kill count being like - Alexandria 52 - 1 Saviors - you'd be like THESE GUYS ARE MURDERING BAR STEWARDS, let's kill em all!

So I reckon when Negan lines folk up to be POP-POP-SPLOOSHED that he won't just kill one major character. He'll kill loads of em. I bloody would!

Carol's breakdown and exit jus grates, doesn't make sense. The actress is top notch tho, so for me she pulls it off. I dunno, maybe she wants a break from the show so is gonna go nomad/kung-fu for a bit? With Morgan trailing her. Next week snippets seemed to show him n not her.

I loved the way they showed the Daryll shooting at the end - so quick and unexpected! I reckon they put the guy saying "He'll/You'll be alrite" just after the credits showed up just to avoid the mass social media outrage they got when they made it look like Glenn bought it. They want us to tink about Negan and who Negan does in before next week's finale, and nothing else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Anyone else think Rick was going to put a slug between Morgan's eye during his speech

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭snowgal

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    Anyone else think Rick was going to put a slug between Morgan's eye during his speech

Yea was thinking the same. He gave a Rick glance at a point! Also think there's gonna be multiple deaths in this finale
    . I think Darryl/ Carol/ Glenn all for chop with one of them ending on a cliffhanger and then surviving next season... I know the cast have to ramp it up but by their reactions there has to be more than one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I saw a spoiler being linked to (which was taken down by AMC so take that for what you will) that the finale was screened to a group (how these guys get picked for this kind of thing I don't know), but apparently
    Lucille is a cliffhanger, and the person who is about to get it is replaced by a POV shot looking at Negan.

Hopefully they just cut it out of the screening to avoid leaks.

Word on the street is Negan don't kill women. So bang goes my Michone's gonna get it theory ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I hate to say it, but TWD is getting boring after 6 seasons.

Didnt think much of the last few episodes, also beginning to dislike Rick and most of the group, they've basically become what they've been fighting against all the way through. Two-dimensional :/

I'll keep watching but yeah, do they even have a goal anymore?

I hate to say it, but TWD is getting boring after 6 seasons.

Didnt think much of the last few episodes, also beginning to dislike Rick and most of the group, they've basically become what they've been fighting against all the way through. Two-dimensional :/

I'll keep watching but yeah, do they even have a goal anymore?

Hasn't the goal always been to stay alive? That hasn't changed as far as I an see it ...

For me the show has never been more exciting and enjoyable ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Think survival has been the goal since the CDC blew up

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭coL

Did I just imagine it or did Carole not leave a note last week telling the guy she is sleeping with (Tobin?) that she was leaving or that they couldn't be together or something?

There seemed to be no acknowledgement of that letter this week at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

The start of the Episode was Tobin bringing the letter to Rick, which is what made them go looking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Think survival has been the goal since the CDC blew up

yeah, kind of..

Though even at the prison, attempts were made to turn survival into living by farming and building defences, then the governor came along and bollocksed it up for everyone. Now they're in Alexandria and the group are the aggressors with little or no interest in defending what little they have, have they even planted crops there?

seems like they're going in circles, switching roles, and have run out of idea's.. i might just be jaded with the show after 6 years but yeah, that's how it seems to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nellyplato

Great episode, can't wait for the finale!

Can anyone tell me, is the Fear the Walking Dead webisode series finished?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

There were scenes in an episode a few weeks ago where Maggie was planting tomatoes or something. Eugene also talked about finding sorghum seeds for planting. The previous episode with metal-head walker was an eye to survival also with being able to produce their own bullets to ward off the saviours/others that may come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

Nellyplato wrote: »

New series of FTWD is airing on AMC on April 10

I could only find as far as webisode 13 but I'm sure it will run rite up til S02 starts as they only started releasing them again recently ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭Guffy

baza Rakus wrote: »
    I could only find as far as webisode 13 but I'm sure it will run rite up til S02 starts as they only started releasing them again recently ...

There are at least 15 afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to a main character meeting their end for the finale?
    I think it will be between Abraham, Glenn, Eugene or Aaron. My money's on Abraham or Glenn and I'm swaying towards Abraham.

Don't want go reply to your post smash as I'll see your spoiler but didn't you just say in the other thread you listened to a certain scene....!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Don't want go reply to your post smash as I'll see your spoiler but didn't you just say in the other thread you listened to a certain scene....!!
    The audio from the certain scene doesn't give away if anyone dies or not. The characters I've named in my spoiler have either been taken hostage at the end of episode 15 or can be seen in the preview for episode 16 stepping out of the camper van.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

yeah, kind of..

Though even at the prison, attempts were made to turn survival into living by farming and building defences, then the governor came along and bollocksed it up for everyone. Now they're in Alexandria and the group are the aggressors with little or no interest in defending what little they have, have they even planted crops there?

seems like they're going in circles, switching roles, and have run out of idea's.. i might just be jaded with the show after 6 years but yeah, that's how it seems to me

I'm getting bored of the arc's as well, but the solid acting, along with the statement from the writers that they have enough in the tank for more seriesssss... Im....... hopeful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

It has just finished, there are 16 parts, I posted all of them as they were released in the main Fear The Walking thread here.

By now I'm done with the "I wonder will Glenn get killed/Who will get killed in the finale" hype. It's been running since he fell off the dumpster. I'm at peace with it - whoever goes will go. I do tink it will be more than one main character. But I don't mind.

As long as they don't cliffhanger it. Like x character is about to buy it and they cut to credits and we have to wait til October. That will end me if they do that. Sweartagod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

After a couple of pretty good episodes, this was terrible. Another ridiculous phony cliffhanger ending in an attempt to bring some sort of suspense before the finale. Terrible writing all round. If you can't create suspense in a zombie apocalypse without pretending to shoot someone in the head then something is very wrong. Once again the master tracker/hunter Daryl manages to let people sneak up on him, even though just the previous day they managed to out manoeuvre those same people who had them dead to rights, out numbered and out gunned.

Carol's swinging from bad ass to crazy bag lady is annoying as hell. I don't know what's going on there.

The number of times people in this group have been kidnapped is starting to rival Kim from '24', and still they haven't learned how to be careful when being hunted by a gang of killers.

After a couple of pretty good episodes, this was terrible. Another ridiculous phony cliffhanger ending in an attempt to bring some sort of suspense before the finale. Terrible writing all round. If you can't create suspense in a zombie apocalypse without pretending to shoot someone in the head then something is very wrong. Once again the master tracker/hunter Daryl manages to let people sneak up on him, even though just the previous day they managed to out manoeuvre those same people who had them dead to rights, out numbered and out gunned.

Carol's swinging from bad ass to crazy bag lady is annoying as hell. I don't know what's going on there.

The number of times people in this group have been kidnapped is starting to rival Kim from '24', and still they haven't learned how to be careful when being hunted by a gang of killers.

They made it abundantly clear (the script writers) that Darylls gun shot was not intended to kill him. The ending wasnt intended to be a cliffhanger re his death but merely whats going to happen to the group now.

Catols arc has been well explained. She has been the main protagonist this series, especially the second part of same so if you dont understand her mental state you arent watching carefully. They have limitedvtime to set these things in motion with such a large cast so all in all Carols arc has been well managed in such a show. Although ill accept her capabilities are a bit extreme but its a comic book show (yes that tired excuse!!) so Im cool with that.

In fairness I think the opposite re the kidnappings. I think they are a pretty elusive group, probably unrealistically so! It was a bit convenient that Daryll and Rosita just happened to cross paths with the group that had just caught Glenn n Michonne though. But thats the price you pay for a bit of drama in these shows!

Otherwise we would be looking at Gabriel saying mass, the group gardenning, Morgan building a cell or Carol making cookies every episode!
    Its not that easy to script something for 6 seasons and keep the drama/twists flowing especially when you are for the most part constricted to the comic book plots and characters.

Again my bias reigns through having read tge comics so I accept it could be frustrating but on the other hand i know what the writers are dealing with in terms of applying the plots to tv so, like vast majority of fans of the comic (trust me im not a comic book nerd...i only have ever read these and i found them on a site on the internet!) I feel they are doing great.

Hopefully next week they will redeem themselves somewhat for the haters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

It's just her ploy to lure people into thinking she's not a threat. Pretty obvious I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Noticing a theme.
    Each and every possible criticism of this show is flawed. If you criticise any aspect of an episode, let me tell you why you are incorrect. I've read the comics. This show is perfect. How can you criticise it when it's based on comics? Did I mention I've read the comics?

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Noticing a theme.

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 331 ✭✭roverrules

I'd say your man who plays Glen screwed up the shower scene a few times on purpose so they'd have to re-shoot! Pity they made Maggie look like a man at the end though.

Also if the baby died inside her, would it come back to life and eat her from the inside out?

Probably not, seeing as I've never seen a baby born with gnashers. Not to say it wouldn't turn zombie though just not able to eat her from inside out.

Considering the kill count is ALEXANDRIA 52 - 1 SAVIORS I'd say they're doing pretty well against the "gang of killers". I'd say they're the killers tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Effects wrote: »
    It's just her ploy to lure people into thinking she's not a threat. Pretty obvious I thought.

At first, when she was kidnapped with Maggie I thought it was a lure to make them believe she wasn't a threat, but then she kept the beads and actually seemed to be changing into more of a Morgan character. In this episode, she was crying when she killed the saviours, so no, it is not obvious at all as to what's going on with her.
    baza Rakus wrote: »
    Considering the kill count is ALEXANDRIA 52 - 1 SAVIORS I'd say they're doing pretty well against the "gang of killers". I'd say they're the killers tbf.

Which is why the writing is so lazy. If you were 56-1 in the kill count, you'd expect that you wouldn't be the one constantly being out-manoeuvred by the losers.

Which is why the writing is so lazy. If you were 56-1 in the kill count, you'd expect that you wouldn't be the one constantly being out-manoeuvred by the losers.

I love it. Favourite season so far by a mile. I expect the above scoreline to be evened up somewhat next week and next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭coL

maximoose wrote: »
    The start of the Episode was Tobin bringing the letter to Rick, which is what made them go looking?

Not to my recollection. The episode started with her in The bedroom packing her bag and then leaving him a letter which he subsequently brought to Rick. Did she not already give Tobin a letter in a previous episode to say that they were finished and she was leaving. Can't remember exactly but didn't she leave it on that seat on the porch where they were smoking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's the same letter - Ep 14 ended with her leaving and Tobin reading the letter, Ep 15 started with a flashback to her writing it/preparing to leave - then showed Tobin bringing it to Rick after reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The show has degenerated this past season into almost a cartoon show where characters are placed in danger, yet there's no real sense that they will suffer any harm. The jeopardy has been lost. In the early seasons you had Carol's daughter being zombified which made you feel that no character was safe. Nowadays you can quite clearly sense that there are certain characters that fall under the bracket of 'untouchable'.

I blame this on the writers becoming too enamoured with satisfying the whims of their own fanbase and too emotionally invested in certain characters - many of whom have subsequently followed arcs that defy any semblance of common sense or logic.

The only thing that can save this show now is to purge it of the dross. If this clashes with the comic books, no matter. Here are imo the 2 characters in TWD who need to go:

1. Carol - What started as an initially interesting character arc of a woman whose sense of self-worth was non-existent due to an odious husband destroying her self-esteem lost the run of itself and has descended into farce as the same woman morphed into Rambo, displaying an ability to take out foes that cannot be explained in any rational manner. She needs to go before she destroys the show.

2. Glenn - An initially resourceful, fun character has become more whipped than Will Smith on Oscars night and cheated death in one of the most ridiculous and insulting moments in 21st century television history. Should have went weeks ago.

I can't see it happening though. Instead I expect safer options to be bumped off which won't upset the fanbase that they are afraid to provoke: Sasha, Gabriel, Rosita, etc., or what I like to call 'The B squad'. Prove me wrong, writers. Prove me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

The show has degenerated this past season into almost a cartoon show where characters are placed in danger, yet there's no real sense that they will suffer any harm. The jeopardy has been lost. In the early seasons you had Carol's daughter being zombified which made you feel that no character was safe. Nowadays you can quite clearly sense that there are certain characters that fall under the bracket of 'untouchable'.

I blame this on the writers becoming too enamoured with satisfying the whims of their own fanbase and too emotionally invested in certain characters - many of whom have subsequently followed arcs that defy any semblance of common sense or logic.

The only thing that can save this show now is to purge it of the dross. If this clashes with the comic books, no matter. Here are imo the 2 characters in TWD who need to go:

1. Carol - What started as an initially interesting character arc of a woman whose sense of self-worth was non-existent due to an odious husband destroying her self-esteem lost the run of itself and has descended into farce as the same woman morphed into Rambo, displaying an ability to take out foes that cannot be explained in any rational manner. She needs to go before she destroys the show.

2. Glenn - An initially resourceful, fun character has become more whipped than Will Smith on Oscars night and cheated death in one of the most ridiculous and insulting moments in 21st century television history. Should have went weeks ago.

I can't see it happening though. Instead I expect safer options to be bumped off which won't upset the fanbase that they are afraid to provoke: Sasha, Gabriel, Rosita, etc., or what I like to call 'The B squad'. Prove me wrong, writers. Prove me wrong.

you do know you dont have to watch

47eb5ffa93c10ea6ec9a1329e9c3ba3d2b43ca039c46ffde39099511daa0388d.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

*yawn* standard no criticism allowed post.

Yay best show ever omg, perfect. It's based on a comic so doesn't have to make sense

*/yawn*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

Liamalone wrote: »
    *yawn* standard no criticism allowed post.

Yay best show ever omg, perfect. It's based on a comic so doesn't have to make sense

*/yawn*

Criticism is fine. But Mr Nice Guy seems to criticise every fckn episode. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

I'd say your man who plays Glen screwed up the shower scene a few times on purpose so they'd have to re-shoot! Pity they made Maggie look like a man at the end though.

Also if the baby died inside her, would it come back to life and eat her from the inside out?

Babies don't have teeth, BUT, if the baby dies, its connected to maggie by the placenta, they share a blood supply ! My money is on maggie turning due to deceased baba, killing that annoying teenager before finally being killed herself.

Glen will then die from a broken heart ! :rolleyes:

Criticism is fine. But you seem to criticise every fckn episode. :rolleyes:

precisely, bloody huge posts by certain posters deciphering every last detail with zero credit given to the show every episode. Its like they have made their mind up before sitting down to watch it . Of course criticism is valid and debate is great but continually saying how much you think the show is awful whilst continuing to watch it is just a little odd.

Maybe open a thread and just slag the show! Might be fun!

Ps I know I am annoying when I defend the show so much but at least I'm willing to admit it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Criticism is fine. But you seem to criticise every fckn episode. :rolleyes:

Are you sure about that? I haven't posted about an episode in ages until this week.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Are you sure about that? I haven't posted about an episode in ages until this week.

I think he was mixing you up with the poster above who posts the same stuff every week

• Advertisement
Advertisement