Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator: Dark Fate **Spoilers from post 983**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Johnmb wrote: »

MTV was in Ireland long before 1997. We had it almost from the start of MTV Europe broadcasting, although for the first few years it was a night time channel, coming on after one of the others finished. It was a full time channel by the early 90s at least, as it was there all through my college years.

Pretty sure it was on around the clock, it just played music videos throughout the day, no presenters or people talking really. MTV just playing music, crazy right? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

nix wrote: »
    Terminator 2 was 15's, i got in to see it with my father and two brothers, in a cinema in wexford, think it was the one in Gorey... In 1991... Yeah nobody cared :D

I was 15 at the time of release, but even then looked very young so myself and a mate were ****ting ourselves we'd be refused entry on a sunny Saturday afternoon. It was amazing at the time, first time going to see a movie without parents and what a movie to go see.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Did none of you just buy the ticket for whatever kiddie film was on and then walk into whatever screen you wanted? I thought everybody did that...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Thargor wrote: »
    Did none of you just buy the ticket for whatever kiddie film was on and then walk into whatever screen you wanted? I thought everybody did that...

That old chest nut, i done that in the later years when just with friends, but back in the day they always had people waiting at the doors to check and show people to their seats if needed, also a lot of cinemas back then were pretty small, and didnt have many screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Thargor wrote: »

Couldn't do that back then, cinemas actually employed more than once person once you got past the ticket office and tickets were checked, and were shown to the seat, at the screen entrance.

edit: yeah, Nix just said that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

Watched the original last night. Still class.

Amazing how low the bar had fallen since.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Slydice wrote: »
    I doubt loads of Irish people watched David Letterman back in the late 80s, 1990 and 1991.

Letterman was on Sky back then if I recall, used to be on around 11pm or so each night

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Defunkd

Can't say i'm looking forward to this installment, or any other one unless it is about the 'future war'.
    Cameron being EP does nothing for me: he gave Genisys a glowing review and it was a poor film for the most part.

The poster of the2 women and cyborg/whatever has been causing people to lose their mind and i think thy're right to be sceptical. Cameron has said he likes having female heroes/strong female leads and he can write and direct accordingly but given the current climate in Hollywood, i think it could be pandering.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's a single photo and the only piece of media officially released for this film: any scepticism is ludicrously disportioncate against the actual information available. People losing their minds only confirms what ironically 'triggered' snowflakes internet folks are, those who'd otherwise rush to decry anything 'SJW' that might offend delicate sensibilities.

pixelburp wrote: »
    It's a single photo and the only piece of media officially released for this film: any scepticism is ludicrously disportioncate against the actual information available. People losing their minds only confirms what ironically 'triggered' snowflakes internet folks are, those who'd otherwise rush to decry anything 'SJW' that might offend delicate sensibilities.

What are you on about? The studio purposefully released the pic as a promo/first taste/set a tone and because people don't like the look of it, they're triggered? People can form opinons on topics based on the information available.
    I'd expect such a promo for a charlie's angels film but a terminator film?! Gtfo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Defunkd wrote: »
    What are you on about? The studio purposefully released the pic as a promo/first taste/set a tone and because people don't like the look of it, they're triggered? People can form opinons on topics based on the information available.
    I'd expect such a promo for a charlie's angels film but a terminator film?! Gtfo.

It's one photo. how can anyone possibly tell the tone from a single promo shot? Cmon. My reply isn't necessarily aimed at you, but the kneejerk outrage is out there and pretty ludicrous and tedious; so the cast are female, so it's clearly jumping on a trend, bif whoop. Let's wait for trailer, it's not like Terminator is a barn storming franchise being undermined by trends.

It's one photo. how can anyone possibly tell the tone from a single promo shot? Cmon. My reply isn't necessarily aimed at you, but the kneejerk outrage is out there and pretty ludicrous and tedious; so the cast are female, so it's clearly jumping on a trend, bif whoop. Let's wait for trailer, it's not like Terminator is a barn storming franchise being undermined by trends.

Okay, if you didn't know what the terminator franchise was about, what kind of film would you think this would be based on the promo? Who would it be aimed at?

That promo isj't a random photo - it was deliberated over and okayed. They are setting the tone already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Looking at it again, seems like a promo shot for a Syfy show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

py2006 wrote: »

If that pic of the older stars is anything to go by the Arnold has a little metal peeking through his injuries...... interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Inviere

BrookieD wrote: »
    If that pic of the older stars is anything to go by the Arnold has a little metal peeking through his injuries...... interesting

They look like flesh wounds, not bad enough to expose metal. Similar shots in Genisys. Plus, it'd be all done in post anyway no?

terminator-l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Inviere wrote: »
    They look like flesh wounds, not bad enough to expose metal. Similar shots in Genisys. Plus, it'd be all done in post anyway no?

terminator-l.jpg

I looked at the larger image on twitter, defo some metal exposed on the brow

That Genisys pic is just awful. Almost a comical pistake of T2

In an interview with Cameron, he apparently revealed that the (working) title is to be Terminator: Dark Fate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

In an interview with Cameron, he apparently revealed that the (working) title is to be Terminator: Dark Fate.

And that it will be female centric sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Sounds like a bad Twilight sequel tag on.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,419 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Official title..

Terminator: Dark Fate

November 1st release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Official title..

They missed a trick with 'Dark F8te' - Genisys shtyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Official title..

Also this from James Cameron.
    This is a continuation of the story from TERMINATOR 1 and TERMINATOR 2. And we’re pretending the other films were a bad dream. Or an alternate timeline, which is permissible in our multiverse. This was really driven more by Tim than anybody, surprisingly, because I came in pretty agnostic about where we took it. The only thing I insisted on was that we somehow revamp it and reinvent it for the 21st century. #T2

Some bloody cheek of Cameron to snark about the other films as a 'bad dream', considering he couldn't praise (for instance) Genisys highly enough - he was part of that films own promotional vids. Man's recommendations are obviously easily bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I fear another butcher job

• Registered Users Posts: 19,012 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Also this from James Cameron.

This is a continuation of the story from TERMINATOR 1 and TERMINATOR 2. And we’re pretending the other films were a bad dream. Or an alternate timeline, which is permissible in our multiverse. This was really driven more by Tim than anybody, surprisingly, because I came in pretty agnostic about where we took it. The only thing I insisted on was that we somehow revamp it and reinvent it for the 21st century. #T2

:rolleyes:

So sick of these films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Circuital

I can't wait for it. I remain optimistic. For some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

One good film 35 years ago, a series of sequels that got steadily worse, and people are still enthusiastic about a new one?

Advertisement