Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 31 Matchday Thread

Options
1293031323335»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

88 points, delighted. From 70k to 48k so going back in the right direction. That said, it was minimal ground made up in my main league.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Captain Aguero fail again. Went from 100k overall to 170k overall......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

km79 wrote: »
    So it was
    And I didn't go for it
    So I did this week
    :(

I captained Aguero against Aston Villa, and did the same with Kane.

Playing against bottom club is always good.

I know you know it and hope you don't hate me now for saying it out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

wonski wrote: »
    I captained Aguero against Aston Villa, and did the same with Kane.

Playing against bottom club is always good.

I know you know it and hope you don't hate me now for saying it out loud.

I was 50-50 this week between Kane and Siggy because of the villa factor. Luckily I went with Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

76 sees me drop from 44th to 56th, feel quite lucky that I didn't drop more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭normanoffside

46 has me inside the top 10k for the first time this season. Have Alli, Kane, Aguero and Toby to go. Would love to hold position, currently at 8.3k.
    I was at 150k after GW 17, have been steadily climbing since.

Tough league this!
    Despite ending up on 76 points, not only did I lose my place in the top 10k but I lost 400 places over my previous rank to finish on 13.3k.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Small green arrow to 7.8k.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

SlickRic wrote: »
    The problem is, it cost big.

I remember a similar week last season. Aguero was at home, as was Kane. I captained Kun, while what felt like everyone else captained Kane, causing a huge swing.

Aguero was perfectly reasonable as a choice this week, and even with a shít team behind him, should've scored 2. Yet, huge swing because of Kane's spree.

I had Bellerin on the bench. Perfectly reasonable. Huge swing because of a shítty assist.

Bad 50/50 calls have ruined most of my season.

This is familiar. I can take the fetti getting 50/50s wrong as the times you get them right should even out. I can even take the stupid calls as the occasional 'genius' ones should compensate.

But this season I have had a bellyfull of close calls or mistakes that have just been just ruthlessly punished by the popular alternative going nuts. I can name 4 single instances that have cost me 55 points incl last 2 captains. That's like skipping a gameweek.

Even in GW1 a sub order 50/50 cost me 12 points. And its kept happening from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Up into the top 90k now. Had Kane captain which paid off big time but Walker was probably the big differential of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If I don't check my rank then today never happened did it? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If I don't check my rank then today never happened did it? :)

Wow.

I think I only fell about 35k. If I'd fecking captained him I could have been soaring.

I'm annoyed because I consciously decided to captain Aguero against my better judgment. Deserved it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I was very frustrated that I still haven't cracked the top 100,000 despite scoring in the 80's today and hitting another green arrow, but then I looked a bit deeper my rankings and realised I'm being a bit hard on myself.

At GW9 I was flying (I took a -12 that week and it paid off big time as I scored big with the Bony punt at home to Bournemouth, Bellerin for Kolarov who chipped in with an assist and clean sheet and there was one other changed that worked out, I think a WBA defender), I was up to 25,000 overall. But then disaster struck after that week and I got stuck in a rut. I actually had 8 red arrows in 11 gameweeks and finished GW21 in 440,000 overall. Literally everything I did seemed to go wrong.

From GW22-GW31 I've had 8 green arrows and finished this week ranked 108,000 overall. It's a good turnaround with 3 chips left.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Wow.

I think I only fell about 35k. If I'd fecking captained him I could have been soaring.

I'm annoyed because I consciously decided to captain Aguero against my better judgment. Deserved it really.

Aguero is never a bad choice. I don't think he was the best one though. City have been awful in big games this year where United seem to come alive for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

66 pts. Siggy captain. Should go back to my mountains skiing... My return to FPL somehow epically failed :rolleyes: :pac: :rolleyes:...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

93 and green arrows galore. Finally some satisfaction towards the end of a horrendous season. I'll be thrilled if I make 2k total by season end at this rate.

It was all a horror show until the past few gameweeks and I did ok around Christmas time too. Roll on next season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

78. Kane as captain.

Time for my City boys to go !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

79 mostly green arrows.
    Except in boards league where I'm down to 98.

62k OR.

Aguero needs to go at this stage.
    Too much money wrapped up in him and not enough returns

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I love it when I hear Aguero getting dumped by a load of people, he has form for trolling people for either dumping him or not getting on board soon enough.
    Its where all my gains have been made this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

I love it when I hear Aguero getting dumped by a load of people, he has form for trolling people for either dumping him or not getting on board soon enough.
    Its where all my gains have been made this season!

gw33
    captain carnage

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Fell to 313k. 2nd red in 11 is hard to take but comforted by the fact that I actually made ground in my pay league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

76 should keep me inside top 1k. Have to be happy enough with that. Another gameweek out of the way without any mishaps

Sitting at exactly 1,000th going into the international break. Now to figure out my w.c/bb/tc strategy!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

75 saw me fall from 12k to13k. Considering I was at 18k after a disastrous Saturday I'm delighted with that.

Speaking of 50/50 decisions, Silva over Siggy last GW has hugely cost me.

Advertisement